Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2011, 03:08 PM

4 posts, read 3,954 times

Advertisements

Looks like some land clearing is going on at Rt's 113 & 36 just south of town. A friend told me a Food Store and a Lowes might be getting built along with some other stores. Has anyone heard the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 04:33 PM

9 posts, read 10,454 times
Your friend is right, I heard with in that area your basic strip mall
Lowes
Grocery Store
Royal Farms
and possibly a Wawa
and a number of hotels

Once they get all the corruption sorted out: http://www.doverpost.com/features/x1...ord-land-deals

Old 06-22-2011, 06:16 AM

3 posts, read 15,047 times
That's the case! All of Delaware will continue to grow, in my opinion. Retirees are not taxed on the 1st 40K of their pay, property taxes are grossly lower then surrounding states, and we have good beaches, cities, and much to do all around us. I am a Realtor in Dover, Tim Carper, with Harrington ERA Realty, but I am not saying this as a salesman... I tell family and friends now... buy buy buy, let's just get a great deal and lock in at 4.5 % interest! I truly think all the buyers waiting for a better shade of awesome comes are crazy!!! I bought in 2006 and my interest rate is 6.5%!!! I haven't seen 4.5% in my adult years! Anyway, didn't mean to go on a tangent, just cracks me up how we miss the boat, following others, like those that bought in 2006-2008 (to include me I swear, I was just about to become a Realtor when I bought, I ??? think ??? I would've known better, but I guess I was just following everyone else???

Old 06-22-2011, 06:21 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcarper View Post
Retirees are not taxed on the 1st 40K of their pay
Please quote your source on this. I do not believe it to be true. I believe you'll find that in addition to social security benefits, which are not taxable, each taxpayer 60 and older can exclude $12,500 of investment and qualified pension income. I've found nothing that addresses "the first $40K" for retirees.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:18 PM

4 posts, read 3,954 times
I think your right Charley about the deduction.... I wish it was $40K though.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:08 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,425,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcarper View Post
That's the case! All of Delaware will continue to grow, in my opinion. Retirees are not taxed on the 1st 40K of their pay, property taxes are grossly lower then surrounding states, and we have good beaches, cities, and much to do all around us. I am a Realtor in Dover, Tim Carper, with Harrington ERA Realty, but I am not saying this as a salesman... I tell family and friends now... buy buy buy, let's just get a great deal and lock in at 4.5 % interest! I truly think all the buyers waiting for a better shade of awesome comes are crazy!!! I bought in 2006 and my interest rate is 6.5%!!! I haven't seen 4.5% in my adult years! Anyway, didn't mean to go on a tangent, just cracks me up how we miss the boat, following others, like those that bought in 2006-2008 (to include me I swear, I was just about to become a Realtor when I bought, I ??? think ??? I would've known better, but I guess I was just following everyone else???
Tim, you are so right. I am up in Conn. and looking to move within the next year or so. I see no downside to Delaware, nice scenery, low taxes, good location, beaches and so on. The houses are cheaper in the states that have really crashed, in some cases half the price but some of those states are places I would not be too crazy about living (like the desert states - water will be a problem in the future). I hope you have refinanced by now.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:15 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
Please quote your source on this. I do not believe it to be true. I believe you'll find that in addition to social security benefits, which are not taxable, each taxpayer 60 and older can exclude $12,500 of investment and qualified pension income. I've found nothing that addresses "the first $40K" for retirees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhog View Post
I think your right Charley about the deduction.... I wish it was $40K though.
As the original poster never returned, I'll have to presume that the information he provided was inaccurate. My source, by the way, is the Delaware Division of Revenue within the Department of Finance. That website is available at Delaware
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware