U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2008, 11:26 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,546,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
Elizamary? Is the $365 per month a combination of land lease and HOA or did I get that wrong? (yes ... it happens )

Charley
Hi Charley,
The $365 is just land lease which includes snow removal, grass cutting, use of amnenties and renting the land.
there was talk last year of starting a HOA but no one was interested at that time. I was told if it comes up again with the majority of residents wanting it, then we will have it.
I seriously doubt if any movement will be done until the community is pretty filled up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Hi Always,

Having researched and visited Southern Meadows and others, I can provide s
I hope this information is helpful. It's been my experience that if you call or write to the sales offices of the various communities, they will basically answer any question ... although there is one (I think it's Barclays but not sure) where if you get the wrong guy on the phone, he's not 100% cooperative.

Charley
LOL.........That is Bon Ayre Charley. We have met and you are much too kind. you should have heard what I said about him. Oh maybe you did?

Old 05-08-2008, 11:34 AM

I could be wrong but off the top of my head, I can't think of any place that will let you keep you home or rent even though you can't pay.
This is a very sad situation. But to fair this can happen when you own your home, rent an apartment or whatever. My two cents and point is........this can happen anywhere NOT just in a 55+ community...To be fair.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:41 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,973,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
LOL.........That is Bon Ayre Charley. We have met and you are much too kind. you should have heard what I said about him. Oh maybe you did?
Yes ... Bon Ayre. That's right. (I knew it started with a B!) I corrected it in my post below so that no one gets the wrong idea about the wrong place.

Thanks.

Charley

Old 05-08-2008, 11:44 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,973,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Hi Charley,
The $365 is just land lease which includes snow removal, grass cutting, use of amnenties and renting the land.
there was talk last year of starting a HOA but no one was interested at that time. I was told if it comes up again with the majority of residents wanting it, then we will have it.
I seriously doubt if any movement will be done until the community is pretty filled up.

OK, so it's the HOA activities (mowing, snow, etc) without having some of the residents actually sitting on a Home Owners Association board.

Thanks.

Charley

Old 05-08-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
OK, so it's the HOA activities (mowing, snow, etc) without having some of the residents actually sitting on a Home Owners Association board.

Thanks.

Charley
Yes Charley. They really don't call it HOA activities. Southern Meadows owners include this in the lot rent. The word it so that the lot rent takes care of all.......
This is how is stands as of now. Of course, this can change in the future but for now we just enjoy all this without HOA.
I understand it can get kind of messy with HOA when board members get their egos in a bunch.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:10 PM

37 posts, read 74,521 times
Default Wow!

Thank you everyone! I just bookmarked this (I'm currently at the public library using their FAST connection!) and will read it in more depth when I get home -- thanks again for your responses.
See ya later!
Cheryl
("Always Wondering")

Old 05-08-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Hi Always,

although there is one (Bon Ayre) where if you get the wrong guy on the phone, he's not 100% cooperative.

Charley
unfortunately, I think he is the only one there unless they hired someone else to help Mr Grouchula.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:06 PM

13,320 posts, read 20,099,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Hey, Summering!! Yep. Everyone's either in DE or NEPA!!

Nice seein' ya here!

Edited to say...I just saw your other post. You are probably staying at Bear Trap. That's about 4-5 miles from my DE home. There's tons of restaurants! Where to start? Maybe a new thread, so this one can stay on topic.
Hi there Rockky, Yes, make a new thread for the Bear place local restaurants. Please!
Hey, you know where to head when the weather warrents it.......I have always loved talking with the DE people, I think that is how we orgionally met up. I always visit DE........but in the winter I have to go a bit further south. I do wave when passing though, I really do

Old 05-09-2008, 05:44 AM

13,320 posts, read 20,099,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
SUMMERING........Bear Trap Dunes! Wow! The best place to be! You won't want to leave! My work takes me that every couple of weeks, and that subdivision is the most unique I've ever seen! I don't even think of it as a "subdivision" because it is so much more! It's like an old small town, brick streets, and beautiful colonial style homes with huge front porches in a setting of blue and pink hydrangeas! Such a southern feel, it has! And, yes, the jitney travels up and down the streets picking up the townies to take them to the beach. There's a strip center there with a spa, and a few other quaint shops. Restaurants are in abundance near Bethany. I'll tax my memory to see which you might like the best. Good Choice! There's nothing mundane about that place!
Yes, I am so excited.........found it on line and researched it quite a bit.
The pool will be a big plus, and the little pond can be seen from the back of the townhome..........Can't wait!
To get back on the thread subject............I wonder what kind of HOA dues are paid at Bear Trap. They can rent weekly...........Can places like Magnolia and Nobles rent ?( I am betting if at all it would be monthly, or not at all)
Bear Trap seems to be a really fun place to live. From what I can see the homes have balconys and very cute designs.
Personally, I'd need to have no children rules.......I like children around.
I don't want to ever tell my kids they can't come because I have reached my limit of time for guests. ( sometimes there is a 30 day overnight rule)
When I am not at my home, I want the kids and their kids to come and enjoy my house.........when they choose to. I don't want to have to be there.
It would be hard for me to live in a 55 community and see the "end of time" for so many there. I know that was an issue for some in the Florida communities. It bothered some, to see so many losses, so often
( I'm sorry to bring this up.....but........its something I have heard often)
I need to have the kids, teens ,and active life all around me. I have always enjoyed teenagers,and find them to be quite fun, full of life and high hopes.
Little babies make me laugh and sigh When I get home, it is usually quiet enough.....after all in SC, its a beach town, and that means fun and sun.

I know for sure that I would love my lawn mowed, the snow plowed, all the club things...........but.........you can have that too in an all age community.
Oceanside Village SC. is kind of geared towards senior dances, dinners, gatherings, breakfasts.......and yet.......some families and kids are there also.
What is nice about that is that.......My kids could come there when they want on their own. They visit us in the winter, without days being totaled.
I would add that its a very small, small percent of families and mostly retired.

Just some things to ponder, when choosing a place to live........
I gave these things quite a bit of thought because you don't want someone putting strings on something that is dear to your heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware