U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 07:19 AM

7,349 posts, read 10,788,544 times

Advertisements

In Dover, it's an all day event, ending with fireworks tonight. Parade starts at 6 p.m. when it's cooler, on Hazel Road, and the route is through downtown Dover. Fireworks start around 9:15-9:30 p.m. It's a tradition!

Here's today's Dover schedule:

Untitled document
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 07:41 AM

18,717 posts, read 26,895,868 times
I love how all-American Delaware is. Talk about a great place to be for the 4th of July.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:19 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,985,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
In Dover, it's an all day event, ending with fireworks tonight. Parade starts at 6 p.m. when it's cooler, on Hazel Road, and the route is through downtown Dover. Fireworks start around 9:15-9:30 p.m. It's a tradition!

Here's today's Dover schedule:

Untitled document
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
I love how all-American Delaware is. Talk about a great place to be for the 4th of July.
Just one more year ... just one more year ... just one more year ...

Old 07-04-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
From RDLR's link:

8:15 p.m. - The 287th Army Band of the Delaware National Guard continues its show, finishing about 9:15 p.m. with Tchaikovsky's exciting "Overture 1812" - complete with cannons - leading into the fireworks.
My absolute, undisputed favorite piece of classical music, WITH cannons and fireworks! OMG why am I still in New York?

Old 07-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Status: "Summer's here! Is it fall yet??" (set 15 days ago)

1,770 posts, read 3,066,687 times
The husband and I will be kayaking today and having a b-b-q later, just us two since my son is with his father. I won't be driving anywhere near the beach this weekend, noooooo thanks.

We may take a stroll this evening down to a local marina to see the Bethany Beach fireworks from a distance. We don't have light on our bicycles; therefore, I suppose we better not ride them into Bethany tonight. Not a good idea!

Have a safe and happy Fourth, everyone!!

Old 07-04-2011, 10:11 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 2,963,711 times
Yes! Happy Independence Day to everyone!!!

Charley ... looks like we'll be relocating at about the same time, if my plans workout. We'll be taking a trip down to look at some properties and neighborhoods in about 10 days. Hopefully,we'll be able to follow that with several trips in the fall and winter, once my job ends. We're not as organized as you are, just yet, but I'm pretty confident we'll be able to find a really nice place before our final lease is up, next July, here in NJ.

Wish we could be there for today's festivities, but I'm sure we will enjoy them in the years to come.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
Charley ... looks like we'll be relocating at about the same time, if my plans workout. We'll be taking a trip down to look at some properties and neighborhoods in about 10 days. Hopefully,we'll be able to follow that with several trips in the fall and winter, once my job ends. We're not as organized as you are, just yet, but I'm pretty confident we'll be able to find a really nice place before our final lease is up, next July, here in NJ.
I'll be there in about ten days. Are you looking at any of the 55+ communities?

Old 07-04-2011, 11:30 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 2,963,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
I'll be there in about ten days. Are you looking at any of the 55+ communities?
No Charlie, no 55+'s yet. We're going to look at Bethany Preserves and Bay Forest, but right now, are leaning towards a SFH resale. From experience, tho, I have found that what you see in person is often quite different from the way the online ads read, so we're not yet committed to any of the places we have found. But SOME of the ads sound wonderful!

I AM over 55, though, so maybe we will decide to look at some of the 55+s as well.

Anyway, I replied to your DM. Maybe we will be able to meet up Saturday Morning. Hope so!

Old 07-04-2011, 03:46 PM

7,349 posts, read 10,788,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Yes, Delaware is very patriotic, with lots of old fashioned parades and festivals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
My absolute, undisputed favorite piece of classical music, WITH cannons and fireworks! OMG why am I still in New York?
Yep, we do it up right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
No Charlie, no 55+'s yet. We're going to look at Bethany Preserves and Bay Forest, but right now, are leaning towards a SFH resale.
I AM over 55, though, so maybe we will decide to look at some of the 55+s as well.
You'll make the right choice. To each his own. I've been told we will know when we're ready for a 55+ community, a popular choice these days. We're 71 & 72 and are not ready yet. Our older home is in an old fashioned small town and it still suits us fine, with great friends and neighbors. We love our tax bills which are: Town Taxes $344.28/Year and County Taxes $281.56/Year. $250/Year is added to our Town Tax bill each year for trash pickup. So total taxes and trash pick up for us = $875.84/year. And a low tax bill is only one perk for people moving here.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:02 PM

287 posts, read 475,344 times
Happy Independence Day too all,from Cape May County New Jersey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware