U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-03-2007, 04:37 PM

199 posts, read 663,817 times

Advertisements

Lori,

Just remember, no question is silly or stupid. If you don't ask, then you stay ignorant.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2007, 07:43 AM

113 posts, read 330,911 times
peeweeaz, thanks, and you're right. I've given the same advice to my kids many times.

Lori

Old 09-04-2007, 10:27 AM

15,571 posts, read 7,707,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieF View Post
All right, I know this is a silly question. But does Pigs have anything resembling a vegetarian entree? I mean, other than requesting that the tempting salad be served minus the turkey and pork? I know, I know, it's not that kind of a restaurant, but for our health we are leaning in that direction.

I told you it was a silly question, but I don't know anyone who dines there so......maybe we'll just save Pigs for that every other month we're-gonna-eat-whatever-we-want dinner.

Lori
I also lean in that direction but still eat some meat.
]
No question is too silly and neither is no attitude. I was there and felt really foolish but for the kindness of peeweez and a few others, I may have left the board.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:01 PM

19,922 posts, read 7,408,245 times
Oh my! I cannot imagine this board with you, Eliza!!

Old 09-05-2007, 07:29 AM

[quote=CMTAD;1424658]Oh my! I cannot imagine this board with you, Eliza!![/QUOTE

surely you jest

Old 09-05-2007, 05:38 PM

199 posts, read 663,817 times
Eliza,

CMTAD may jest, but I'm not. Don't you dare leave this board!! You are an inspiration for anyone thinking of moving to Delaware. You seem to have developed the ability to look at the good things about an area and your choices and then take the negatives as they come. I don't care where a person wants to move, perfection doesn't exist. There's always a negative or two everywhere. Some folks may not like the idea of land-lease, but, after extensive research, you and your hubby have decided that Southern Meadows is the best fit for you guys. As long as you're happy, comfortable and have a few bucks to enjoy your leisure time, what else matters? After all, you are retired.
dome fo

Old 09-06-2007, 03:21 AM

19,922 posts, read 7,408,245 times
No, I wasn't jesting at all. I truly enjoy reading what she has to say about a number of items and as she continues to discover more and more about Delaware, her ever-increasing knowledge is an asset to us all!

Old 09-06-2007, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeweeaz View Post
Eliza,

CMTAD may jest, but I'm not. Don't you dare leave this board!! You are an inspiration for anyone thinking of moving to Delaware. You seem to have developed the ability to look at the good things about an area and your choices and then take the negatives as they come. I don't care where a person wants to move, perfection doesn't exist. There's always a negative or two everywhere. Some folks may not like the idea of land-lease, but, after extensive research, you and your hubby have decided that Southern Meadows is the best fit for you guys. As long as you're happy, comfortable and have a few bucks to enjoy your leisure time, what else matters? After all, you are retired.
dome fo
Gee PeeWee............That is the nicest thing anyway has every said!!
And You are correct........ perfection does not exsisting in locating to anywhere and everywhere. There will be negatives no matter what your location may be.

The important thing is weight it all out as to what is best for you then make a decsion.
I just wish I knew of this board before we moved. Somehow I found it by accident when trying to google Southern meadows.
I found city data and was amazed.

And yes, we are comfortable and happy!!!!

So when are you coming down Bob?

Old 09-06-2007, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
No, I wasn't jesting at all. I truly enjoy reading what she has to say about a number of items and as she continues to discover more and more about Delaware, her ever-increasing knowledge is an asset to us all!

I'm afraid I dont' take compliments too well

But Thank you just the same

Acually, I'm not one to sit in a rocking chair all day. Not me at all!!

We enjoy scouting the DE area looking for nice restaurants, shops, beach and other places of interest.
After all, we have never been to DE in all these years. Oh sure, we passed through but never really stopped.
So this is exciting and new. And with not working this is like being on a vaction everyday.

No matter what your situation in life, you have to put your best foot forward and make the most of whatever situation you are in. If you make a mistake, there is usually a do over.
Be happy and appreciate being alive.

Most of my life I was miserable. The misery has taught me well. Now into my golden years, I surrendered to the will of God and whatever he has in mind for me is the best. It can be wrong if I screw it up. So I just take each day as it comes and try to enjoy what time I have left so there are no regrets when I leave this world. Well, not many anyway.

Be happy!!!

Old 09-10-2007, 09:10 AM

902 posts, read 2,506,129 times
Wow! What a friendly bunch this is!

I've been "absent" for a few weeks as we were MAKING THE MOVE! Yippee! We found a beautiful house to rent just outside Camden, and came in on 9/1. I've been slammed with getting kids set up in school, etc., and just got my internet up and running this morning. So far, we love it here.

I've missed reading the board... and elizamary... I will be PM'ing you for doctor referrals very soon.

Take care, and its good to be back!

Mary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware