U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 09:49 AM

71 posts, read 160,072 times

Advertisements

It is a great development. If we hadn't build with Schell in the Villages at Herring Creek, we most definitely would have built with Schell in BayFront. It is good to hear that you are happy with your Insight experience so far too. We couldn't have been happier with Schell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 07:17 AM

59 posts, read 145,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I recently viewed this area as well as several others and will give you my OPINION, not based upon cold hard facts, just based upon my own common sense, which may well be dead wrong.

While I LOVE this community and might be tempted to purchase here given the views of the bay, the beach, kayaking, etc. I remain afraid given the economy, that this community will languish behind many others in terms of development and the full amenities that are offered by others will never come to pass here.

I am also concerned that the homes that are there now, at some point may bear the expense of the projected community.....sold or not. I am certain the developer did not figure in the economic downturn into the original plans and he is now bearing many of the costs of the amenities etc. but for how long?

Yes, this was definitely just an OPINION. This community has not seen an increase in HOA fees, all the amenities are there and have been there since the beginning. It is well managed and cared for. I don't see why anyone thought this community would languish more than others. Bayfront at Rehoboth building has picked up considerably, the community is filling out nicely, the owners are active and involved, the investors are supportive. I know. I am an owner.
As a local poster, if you think it is even remotely possible that you are dead wrong, you probably shouldn't post an opinion at all. These sorts of uninformed opinions can be damaging. Yes, readers must beware, but posters bear some obligation to at least be somewhat informed.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:02 AM

7,783 posts, read 10,456,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arezzo View Post
Yes, this was definitely just an OPINION. This community has not seen an increase in HOA fees, all the amenities are there and have been there since the beginning. It is well managed and cared for. I don't see why anyone thought this community would languish more than others. Bayfront at Rehoboth building has picked up considerably, the community is filling out nicely, the owners are active and involved, the investors are supportive. I know. I am an owner.
As a local poster, if you think it is even remotely possible that you are dead wrong, you probably shouldn't post an opinion at all. These sorts of uninformed opinions can be damaging. Yes, readers must beware, but posters bear some obligation to at least be somewhat informed.
I am sorry that you were offended by my OPINION. That said, I need to point two things out. The post you referenced was originally posted on Sept 14, 2011 and not just recently. I was not a local at the time but I am now. (Point of info, when you change your location of CD it retroactively changes it on all prior posts) I stated as clearly as I could that it was not based upon fact and that I may well be DEAD wrong. I am happy for you that I was wrong. I can also support what I was saying and here is just one example. NV homes was at that time building in both Canal Point in Rehoboth as well as Red Mill Pond in Lewes. Guess what? Red Mill went belly up, all building ground to a halt and finally fairly recently another builder, I believe Schell Brothers but I am not certain, took it over. So it did happen and not just in one community.

Lastly, I disagree with your post but you too are entitled to your OPINION, I guess that is the difference between you and I.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:30 PM

19 posts, read 138,461 times
Looking at Bayfront and appreciate the comments in this thread. Curious if there are any issues with bugs/smells during the summer given this community's proximity to the marsh?

Old 10-12-2013, 05:18 PM

27 posts, read 48,394 times
Hi PaJohn. I have lived in Bayfront since the end of July. The 1st thing we noticed was the amount of frogs in our yard. That is really not a big deal to us. I have not noticed any smells. There are a lot of mosquitos. We love living in Bayfront. The neighbors are very nice and the community has a lot of social events. The are also a lot of Turkey Vultures. There are several families of deer and several red foxes.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:02 AM

59 posts, read 145,948 times
Hi, PaJohn. I bought in Bayfront last October and spent most of the summer there. Very happy with my choice. Just about anywhere you go in lower DE will have mosquitos. Especially on still evenings. The best nights are when there is a little wind down at the beach. Or when the tide comes in. Keeps all the bugs away. I am no more bothered by mosquitos there than I was when I lived in Northern Virginia. Some people use a service to spray to kill the larvae (non-toxic to animals and environmentally safe). There are also biting flies (green heads) once in a while that can be annoying, but the community management keeps traps around by the pool that draws them away. Lots of little toads as Chickahominy says. Someone told me (not sure if this is true) that since the snakes have left due to construction/development, the toad population has soared. Toads aren't any trouble, though. I haven't seen any snakes. I don't notice any wetlands smell, but I don't live right on the water. When I walk to the beach, I might catch a little of it. In fact, I was expecting much more of a marsh small (I actually like it) and have been disappointed at the lack of it.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:27 AM

19 posts, read 138,461 times
Thanks Chickahominy and Arezzo. A couple of other questions if you don't mind. As I drive through the development, there seem to be more empty lots than Schell shows as available. Is the developer still holding some back or were these purchased without a builder tie in? Also, there seem to be a number of homes with two story front porches. obviously built by a previous builder. We love that look. Who was the builder? Thanks so much.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:27 PM

27 posts, read 48,394 times
Hi PaJohn. We bought our lot in March 2012 and the lots at that time were offered with no builder tie in. I believe Schell Bros took over in Jan. 2013. To my knowledge the lots that Schell are not offering are owned by other builders. I believe they are Select and Insight. We had our house built by Bayfront Builders. They were the main builder in here at the time. We were able to build a more custom home than Schell offers. I am going to try to PM you the info for the realtor who had the development before Schell took over. She could help you with the name of the model you like and let you know the names of the other builders and what lots they have. This is really a nice community. I am so happy every time I pull into the development.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:24 PM

3 posts, read 7,224 times
The community has now sold at least 30 homes this year and have a new builder in Schell Brothers. The community is filling up a lot faster now due to the community, amenities and the Schell floor plans. The model, The Mulberry, is amazing and worth a visit.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:26 PM

3 posts, read 7,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickahominy View Post
Hi PaJohn. We bought our lot in March 2012 and the lots at that time were offered with no builder tie in. I believe Schell Bros took over in Jan. 2013. To my knowledge the lots that Schell are not offering are owned by other builders. I believe they are Select and Insight. We had our house built by Bayfront Builders. They were the main builder in here at the time. We were able to build a more custom home than Schell offers. I am going to try to PM you the info for the realtor who had the development before Schell took over. She could help you with the name of the model you like and let you know the names of the other builders and what lots they have. This is really a nice community. I am so happy every time I pull into the development.
Small number of home sites have not been released and wont be until majority if not all the home sites are sold in the main section. Schell now sell all the home sites in the community and Insight just have a few left at the front of the community. Schell have the only functioning model as the Insight model was turned over to the home owner as they did not want to use it as a model anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware