U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 07:53 PM

23 posts, read 40,155 times

Advertisements

No more color left at white clay Liz, it's really bare there right now. It's still nice (and quiet) place to go hiking, running, biking, etc..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 06:30 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,058,735 times
Oh, thank you for the update, Ant7! I was thinking about going up there too....well, maybe I'll try someplace in Kent County. Bombay Hook, Killens Pond, etc. We are at peak here at the beach, and our leaves are starting to fall as well. This is one of the best autumns I've witnessed at the beach in years for fall color.

Wow, it's amazing how much fall foliage can change in a week. It was absolutely gorgeous up at Elk Neck State Park last week, but I bet it's past peak now. Yes, I'm sure you all have figured out I'm what they call a "leafer" .

Old 11-12-2011, 02:58 PM

We had a wonderful time biking around Trap Pond today; the weather was just perfect for it. We even rode on some different trails around the pond this time, not just the loop around the pond. Leaves were falling everywhere, but there was still color to be seen. I think half of the leaves will be gone within the next week or so. Still an ideal place for hiking and biking though!

Old 11-12-2011, 05:38 PM

7,332 posts, read 10,767,491 times
I did the Brecknock Park nature trail walk again today, in Camden. Leaves are still falling and turtles were on what they call the "turtle bridge". (Imagine that!) And the bull frogs were Huge! No car needed because the entrance is near our home. Lots of history here!
http://www.hmdb.org/marker.asp?marker=39507

Last edited by rdlr; 11-12-2011 at 05:47 PM..

Old 11-13-2011, 07:22 AM

I'll have to add Brecknock on my "to hike" list. My goal is to hike every trail in Delaware.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:19 PM

Today, I "hiked" the boardwalk at Rehoboth Beach! Whatever works to get the blood flowing and the heart beating!

My journeys took me throughout the state, north to south, and east to west. The most picturesque area today for me was along the westerly boundary of Delaware - the route to Denton, MD. Deer were everywhere and gathered along the edges of woods and in clearings. Leaves are still on the trees in that area, and the colors were breath taking! It's been a great day! Of course, Tom FM and The Duck radio stations were great company. .

Old 11-13-2011, 05:15 PM

Sounds like a good day, rdlr!! Boardwalk is nice now--not crowded and loud.

I drove out to Assawoman Wildlife Refuge to take some fall shots without worrying about any shots being fired my way--ha! No hunting on Sundays. Anyway, I did not realize there was a 5K walk/run going on today, and I kind of felt like a ding-a-ling driving through the refuge during a marathon of sorts. But hey...it was still open to the public. I parked in various locations in order to hike trails and take pics. The leaves are in full color out there, but they are definitely falling off the trees. Ah well, it was pretty watching the leaves blow around. Other people were out enjoying the scenery as well--ideal day for it!

Old 11-13-2011, 08:09 PM

23 posts, read 40,155 times
We drove down to Williamsburg, VA for the wknd and it's peak color there. It was nice to enjoy it again briefly but autumn comes every year.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:29 PM

Beautiful Fall day! We had a hankerin' for some shoofly pie, so we took the route out to Amish country to visit some of our "unaffected" friends in West Dover. So many pumpkins in the fields not harvested. I took plenty of photos, but am having problems posting them. Here are 5 of them.
While I'm thinking of it, I never quite understood why people go all the way to Lancaster, PA for shoofly pie and Amish foods. We have it all here in Delaware - foods, canned goods, fresh free range chicken, fresh buttermilk & butter, eggs, quilts, furniture and picturesque Amish farms.
If Autumn is a favorite of yours, treat yourselves to a trip out to West Dover.

Last edited by rdlr; 03-31-2018 at 04:15 PM..

Old 11-14-2011, 05:21 PM

It was beautiful today!! And YAY!! Thanks for posting pics, rdlr. I have a few more I'll post soon. I think it's neat to see fall pics from different areas of the state .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or