Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 11:33 PM

16 posts, read 34,292 times

Advertisements

Camden, New Jersey or Camden, Delaware because camden New Jersey is number 2 in the country for like the worst city ever.

I just want a clarification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
So you want to change Delaware to something like were you live now?? Yes there are very few apartments and most of them are Section 8 ers. We have large areas which are not in incorporated towns and therefore served by our very professional but S P R E A D O U T Delaware State Police. So you want to shoot our tax rate up? Maybe you could live in Dover. They have their own Police Force with plenty to keep them busy. I feel bad for you that you are being forced to such a pitiful state.

I don't want to shoot your tax rate up but I don't think that if a state has a lower tax rate ( which is great)
and lower housing options, it should be left in the cold. I actually think that since the state is only 96 miles long, it should be that much safer. There should be more police because it is not that big. Don't you agree? Why would you be so extreme as to call the state pitiful? Just some tender loving care.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:45 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugh321 View Post
I don't want to shoot your tax rate up but I don't think that if a state has a lower tax rate ( which is great) and lower housing options, it should be left in the cold. I actually think that since the state is only 96 miles long, it should be that much safer. There should be more police because it is not that big. Don't you agree? Why would you be so extreme as to call the state pitiful? Just some tender loving care.
While there are some areas of Delaware that have issues with crime (like every state does), MOST of the state is safe. Delaware is a wonderful place to live. Someone suggested you come here and see for yourself and I echo that suggestion. You'll get some of your best information from your own eyes and ears. Having relocated here from New York last year, I'd never want to live anywhere else!

Old 02-11-2013, 07:30 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,188,709 times
Quote:
I don't want to shoot your tax rate up but I don't think that if a state has a lower tax rate ( which is great)
and lower housing options, it should be left in the cold. I actually think that since the state is only 96 miles long, it should be that much safer. There should be more police because it is not that big. Don't you agree? Why would you be so extreme as to call the state pitiful? Just some tender loving care.
ugh we are to the point I just must say goodbye to you.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:28 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,258,471 times
Quote:
How can a whole state be unsuitable!
Indeed. You've raised a very insightful question. I have no idea where you are getting your information, but it's clear you know little about Delaware. The eastern and southern parts of Wilmington have higher concentrations of violent crime than other parts of the state. The suburbs north of the city are generally affordable and the areas northwest of the city are downright posh. Middletown is attracting families hand over fist. The southern two counties are populated with mostly smallish towns surrounded by farmland along with some beautiful beach resorts. You seem to have the impression that everyone you see will be toting a semi-automatic the minute you cross the state line.

I understand you will be working in Wilmington. With all due respect, it must be one hell of a job offer to be willing to risk life, limb and property. You claim you currently live in a place with absolutely no crime. It makes me wonder where that might be. I have never heard of a municipality that has NO crime whatsoever, but so be it. For your own peace of mind, it might be best to stay and find a job there. Even if it pays less, it seems worth it if you will not have to worry so much about your safety.

I wish you the best of luck.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
Indeed. You've raised a very insightful question. I have no idea where you are getting your information, but it's clear you know little about Delaware. The eastern and southern parts of Wilmington have higher concentrations of violent crime than other parts of the state. The suburbs north of the city are generally affordable and the areas northwest of the city are downright posh. Middletown is attracting families hand over fist. The southern two counties are populated with mostly smallish towns surrounded by farmland along with some beautiful beach resorts. You seem to have the impression that everyone you see will be toting a semi-automatic the minute you cross the state line.

I understand you will be working in Wilmington. With all due respect, it must be one hell of a job offer to be willing to risk life, limb and property. You claim you currently live in a place with absolutely no crime. It makes me wonder where that might be. I have never heard of a municipality that has NO crime whatsoever, but so be it. For your own peace of mind, it might be best to stay and find a job there. Even if it pays less, it seems worth it if you will not have to worry so much about your safety.

I wish you the best of luck.
I definitely agree with you as far as looking with my own eyes. Most things are visible and some are not.
But I get different views as far as how it affects different people.

Visiting is definitely the best option.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,178 times
I am registered nurse at one of the biggest hospital in New York. I am recently looking to relocate to a place a bit closer to New York city so that I can still commute to work for the mean time. Now I have three boys that I am raising by myself and needing a good environment to raise them, more especially the school system. I was debating between Delaware or Pennsylvania. Any suggestions

Old 07-08-2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettyjays View Post
I am registered nurse at one of the biggest hospital in New York. I am recently looking to relocate to a place a bit closer to New York city so that I can still commute to work for the mean time. Now I have three boys that I am raising by myself and needing a good environment to raise them, more especially the school system. I was debating between Delaware or Pennsylvania. Any suggestions
You want to commute from Delaware to NYC??

Old 12-02-2013, 05:52 AM

2 posts, read 3,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete lynch View Post
Sorry that us "Hicks" can't draw any kind of entertainment to the state for you tax refugees. Now you sit there saving money while bored to death.
What exactly do you mean by being entertained? For some tax refugees it's trying to turn the state into the one they just ran from.

If the OP wants to discover if she wants to settle here she should make a weekend (or longer) trip to the state and find out for herself.
I agree with you. its tax free and now they want a lively place. I live in seaford and its a quiet place, no lively entertainment and this is what my hubby and I like. we like small towns.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake1240 View Post
I agree with you. its tax free and now they want a lively place. I live in seaford and its a quiet place, no lively entertainment and this is what my hubby and I like. we like small towns.
I realize western Sussex is quiet. You could always drive a little over to eastern Sussex. Coming up now almost every small town will be having their Christmas Parade.As you know our beach area jumps during the summer. Even in cold December we still have great restaurants some of which are offering live entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware