Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 09:16 AM

23 posts, read 118,521 times

Advertisements

Is Barclay Farms a land lease community? My understanding is that the monthly association fee covers care for the land (lawn care, snow removal), use of the community facilities, and a land lease fee. If this is true, what is the cost of the monthly fee? How often does it go up? I'm considering this community for my parents, but since they're on a fixed income I'm concerned about the monthly fee going up eventually to a point that's too much for them.

I'm also looking into other active adult communities for them in Kent. Their budget is VERY limited, at about $155,000, and they are not interested in new construction.

Can anyone give me insight on this? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 09:47 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,425,139 times
Thumbs up Yes, right now it is a lease community

There was some talk about BF becoming a community where the land is owned; it has not gone thru yet. There is a website, Barclay Farms Civic Association, with their newsletter, photos, etc., and it did mention the possible change. I am holding off on a decision myself, because I loved BF, the location can't be beat, and a completed community has advantages over one still being built. You can contact them and they get right back to you via email, but that is the situation right now.

Good luck!

Old 09-29-2011, 09:59 AM

23 posts, read 118,521 times
Interesting. Thanks for the quick reply. If it did become land owned, how would that work? Would the homeowners pay an upfront fee to purchase the land?

Also, are these mobile homes?

Thanks.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:53 PM

293 posts, read 590,100 times
Default Barclay Farms

Barclay Farms are not mobile homes,there ranch homes and built in many styles,and sizes,and different size lots,its a great community,very well controled,and maintained, everyone I ever talked too there when I visited was more than helpful and nice.I,ve been there many times to check out the place.and Iam also waiting to see how the possible new change will be.Good luck

Old 10-03-2011, 05:28 PM

9,717 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Barclay Farms is a manufactured home community, and the homes are doublewide manufactured homes having varied floor plans. There are about 15 listed for sale right now, and all but about 3 are listed as manufactured homes, or mobiles. That's because some Realtors don't know what a manufactured home is. Here's part of one of the listings. I cut off the agent's name, price, etc.

Ownership:LotLeaseType:MobileHomeDesign:1-StoryStyle DoubleWide Basement:N Age:6 Int SF:1,420/ SUnit Floor #:Central Air:YInternet:Y / Y
From Rt 13 to West on Rt 10 to Barclay Farms

Old 10-04-2011, 11:43 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,668,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenoqueen View Post
Is Barclay Farms a land lease community? My understanding is that the monthly association fee covers care for the land (lawn care, snow removal), use of the community facilities, and a land lease fee. If this is true, what is the cost of the monthly fee? How often does it go up? I'm considering this community for my parents, but since they're on a fixed income I'm concerned about the monthly fee going up eventually to a point that's too much for them.

I'm also looking into other active adult communities for them in Kent. Their budget is VERY limited, at about $155,000, and they are not interested in new construction.

Can anyone give me insight on this? Thanks.
You might want to check out Southern Meadow in Magnolia DE. Would be within you price range for new constuction.

Very nice community with 2 car garage.

Manufactured homes on lease land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware