U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 06:17 PM

88 posts, read 88,199 times
Umm.. I may be naive, but isnt the cost of living (taxes/gas/homes) less in De. because of all the "big" businesses there? (which are there because of tax breaks) Gee, when I started a business, i did it to make money, and if a place gave me good breaks, I would go there. Shame on me for thinking otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 08:50 AM

257 posts, read 325,971 times
Only right wingers want to discuss OWS? Doesn't it take two sides to make a discussion happen? The posts so far certainly are far from all right wing. Open minds means actually having an open mind, not just thinking one's mind is open. For the record, I'm not Republican....I am a rare breed...a true independent. And NO I don't live in DE, but I am moving there....and I've been there 5 or 6 weekends (and a few weekdays) in the last 6 months. I don't believe these forums were made just for people who live in a certain area.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:47 PM

118 posts, read 152,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
This needs to get started, after all many, many, many corporations are incorporated in DE because of our loose business laws. It's also the reason why you pay tons in interest on credit cards. Occupy Wall St? How about occupy DE. We need to march on Wilmington.

It's not that the business laws are loose, we give tax breaks to businesses that INC here and if they didn't, YOU would be paying those taxes. DE is one of the cheapest states to live in because of that so I'm not complaining! I do agree something has to give with the big banks and incorporations, but if anything they need to be taxed more (along with the richest 1 or 2% of the population).

Old 10-22-2011, 02:09 PM

4,549 posts, read 5,783,630 times
I don't engage in debate with right wingers and I'm not going to start here. One can't argue to invincible ignorance.

Old 10-24-2011, 03:25 PM

10,031 posts, read 15,383,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtees4 View Post
Only right wingers want to discuss OWS? Doesn't it take two sides to make a discussion happen? The posts so far certainly are far from all right wing. Open minds means actually having an open mind, not just thinking one's mind is open. For the record, I'm not Republican....I am a rare breed...a true independent. And NO I don't live in DE, but I am moving there....and I've been there 5 or 6 weekends (and a few weekdays) in the last 6 months. I don't believe these forums were made just for people who live in a certain area.

But this is the Delaware forum and this conversation needs to stay Delaware-centric.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:07 AM

257 posts, read 325,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
But this is the Delaware forum and this conversation needs to stay Delaware-centric.
Agree and totally get your point. I was responding to another post above mine is all.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:21 AM

215 posts, read 144,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
And I say basically the same thing and my reply gets deleted?

Old 10-26-2011, 08:30 AM

15,909 posts, read 11,374,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
This would be a job for Congress, not for the General Assembly of Delaware. Congress has proper competence to legislate national usury limits on credit cards and all inter-state lending through its powers of regulation under the Commerce Clause.
Congress can't tie it's own shoes. They will form a Committee with Max Baucus, Alan Simpson, John McCain, Joe loserman and a few other Vogons and study the issue to death

Tell the Eloi that the Morlocks are coming

Old 11-05-2011, 12:17 PM

711 posts, read 658,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
There are thousands of people milling around Wall street protesting what?
Those people are trying to protest all the money being spent on War...

I guess they feel some of the money we spend on missiles, tanks, bombs ect, is on Wall Street?

Maybe they should be in Washington D.C?

Old 11-06-2011, 07:27 AM

4,549 posts, read 5,783,630 times
Ever hear of the military-industrial complex? The problem is both Wall Street and the politicians who do the bidding of their capitalist overlords.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware