Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 09:25 PM

53 posts, read 182,095 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm running into a bit of frustration looking for a home in Delaware. I've discussed our criteria for the house with two real estate agents and they both sent me the listings. The interesting thing was that whereas several properties were found on both reports, most of them would appear on one but not the other and vice versa (absolutely the same criteria, mind you). Moreover, as I kept working further with one agent and receiving very little updates on the listings, if I'd tell her the address of a house I drove by with the "For Sale" sign, she was able to immediately pull and send me that listing. I would really like to be able to make that search myself and have the most comprehensive list of properties as soon as they come on the market. The agent said everyone in Delaware works with the trendmls.com site, and only licensed agents have access to it. This is frustrating to me because I'd like to be able to monitor the search instead of getting dosed information from a realtor.

In other states, I knew of sites that provided up-to-date information to public users. These sites pulled information from the same database that realtors used. For example, newjerseymls.com for New Jersey, redfin.com for MD, DC, etc...

The only other sites I know about are zillow.com, realtor.com, and trulia.com but as far as I know they lag behind and don't show all available listings either.

Does anybody know of a site that provides up-to-date real estate information for the state of Delaware? Or can you recommend any other reliable sites?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 07:12 AM

407 posts, read 961,677 times
Realtor.com used to be pretty good, but I have not used it for awhile. I also find Trulia fairly good, I find searching directly on the Trulia map works nicely.....Zillow used to be better but not as good lately. Good luck.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:29 AM

4,726 posts, read 11,931,046 times
It's really unfortunate that the real estate agency with the best, most user-friendly website apparently went out of business earlier last year. They had all the listings for New Castle Co. and a more limited - but still large - number of listings for Kent and Sussex on their website. I'm not identifying them, even though I believe they have ceased to exist (bought out by another agency maybe), because realtors are the one business that we aren't supposed to recommend by name on this forum, although you can of course DM such info to posters.

I haven't found any alternative website that is easy to use and carries all the MLS.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:35 AM

9,692 posts, read 14,173,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmarochka View Post
Hi,
Does anybody know of a site that provides up-to-date real estate information for the state of Delaware? Or can you recommend any other reliable sites?
Thank you!
Here's a real estate site which also has a section for public access. Although it has many jurisdictions and areas listed, this particular site mostly focuses on Sussex County Listings.
Sussex County Public Site

or
http://www.delmls.com/sus/pubmain.php

By the way, for less than $275,000 there are some very nice, upscale properties for sale between south of the canal and Ocean View. I've seen some loaded model homes, or builder specs priced near $425,000, sell for less than $300,000, and I mean, having over 3,200 sq.ft.living area. To sell those, many times builders will add other amenities to make a sale. If anybody is waiting to buy, I don't know what they're waiting for.

Last edited by rdlr; 01-15-2012 at 09:34 AM..

Old 01-15-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtees4 View Post
Realtor.com used to be pretty good, but I have not used it for awhile. I also find Trulia fairly good, I find searching directly on the Trulia map works nicely.....Zillow used to be better but not as good lately. Good luck.
Somebody also mentioned ziprealty.com to me, worth checking it out...

Old 01-15-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
It's really unfortunate that the real estate agency with the best, most user-friendly website apparently went out of business earlier last year. They had all the listings for New Castle Co. and a more limited - but still large - number of listings for Kent and Sussex on their website. I'm not identifying them, even though I believe they have ceased to exist (bought out by another agency maybe), because realtors are the one business that we aren't supposed to recommend by name on this forum, although you can of course DM such info to posters.

I haven't found any alternative website that is easy to use and carries all the MLS.
Thank you, yes, that's a shame. Everyone's welcome to DM me!!

Old 01-15-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Here's a real estate site which also has a section for public access. Although it has many jurisdictions and areas listed, this particular site mostly focuses on Sussex County Listings.

or

By the way, for less than $275,000 there are some very nice, upscale properties for sale between south of the canal and Ocean View. I've seen some loaded model homes, or builder specs priced near $425,000, sell for less than $300,000, and I mean, having over 3,200 sq.ft.living area. To sell those, many times builders will add other amenities to make a sale. If anybody is waiting to buy, I don't know what they're waiting for.
Thank you. We're looking in the New Castle county in a pretty specific area. We're not interested in new constructions and don't want a big house. It seems like there's a lot available out there, but when we apply our criteria - not so much!

Old 01-15-2012, 07:54 PM

84 posts, read 332,956 times
Agents do have the ability to set you up for an automatic search. We can easily put your search criteria into our MLS system and set up a search that will automatically email you listings as they come on the market. I hear from buyers all the time about how frustrated they become from outdated information on websites or having to drive around themselves to find homes. Ask the agent you are working with to set you up on an automatic search through Trend. It will make your search a lot easier! Good luck with your home search!

Old 01-16-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiekr View Post
Agents do have the ability to set you up for an automatic search. We can easily put your search criteria into our MLS system and set up a search that will automatically email you listings as they come on the market. I hear from buyers all the time about how frustrated they become from outdated information on websites or having to drive around themselves to find homes. Ask the agent you are working with to set you up on an automatic search through Trend. It will make your search a lot easier! Good luck with your home search!
50 million frenchmen can't be wrong! We do have the automatic search set up. It only shows updates on the market, which is inconvenient if you want one place to look at all of the results that match your criteria.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:14 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,774,832 times
This might sound crazy but for out of state and really in state we use craiglist for a reference point. Tons of house's each day all over the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware