Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 08:20 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,124,414 times

Advertisements

I just relocated here in November and I'm having a problem finding a great consignment shop to sell at - I have a lot of giftware items new in boxes as well as a couple of small appliances that perhaps I used once so they are in pristine condition - It seems most of the shops are into designer clothing or strictly clothing - I would not be objectionable to driving into southern New Jersey, south eastern PA, or parts of Maryland and of course I would love to find one here in Delaware - I would appreciate any suggestions as the Yellow Pages and the Local Shopping Guides have not been helpful - Thank you for your help -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 09:04 AM

9,681 posts, read 14,155,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
I just relocated here in November and I'm having a problem finding a great consignment shop to sell at - I have a lot of giftware items new in boxes as well as a couple of small appliances that perhaps I used once so they are in pristine condition - It seems most of the shops are into designer clothing or strictly clothing - I would not be objectionable to driving into southern New Jersey, south eastern PA, or parts of Maryland and of course I would love to find one here in Delaware - I would appreciate any suggestions as the Yellow Pages and the Local Shopping Guides have not been helpful - Thank you for your help -
I know of a couple consignment places around Dover, maybe more. I'll be past them today and will get the exact names and addresses for you. Laurel and Seaford have some, but I won't be down there today.

What I do with all my excess "stuff" is rent a table at Spence's Bazaar in Dover. They are open Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday, with Friday being the best selling day. I spend a day there and what I don't sell, other "regular" dealers buy from me, cheap. I'm never looking to make a killing, just unload my stuff, which is not junk and sometimes in pristine condition. I usually make some money, and have been doing this once/year since the 60's, during the Spring or early Summer. Besides that, the local vendors there will be happy to share information regarding consignment shops throughout the state, if you're still interested.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:56 PM

thank you for the info - i have passed spencer's and the weather should be getting fairly nice soon -

Old 03-02-2012, 01:19 PM

9,681 posts, read 14,155,368 times
"Simply Charming" is a consignment shop in the Town of Wyoming, on the corner of Railroad Avenue and Grant Street. It has a big front porch with items displayed. Grant Street soon becomes Allabands Mill Road, which goes past Fifer's Farm and Country Store.

By the way, Spence's Bazaar was absolutely PACKED today! There wasn't an empty table anywhere, and everybody I saw was carrying "something" !!! When passing by, I had to inch my way along Queen Street because of so many people crossing back and forth. It was nice seeing so many busy, happy people enjoying themselves!

Last edited by rdlr; 03-02-2012 at 02:22 PM..

Old 03-02-2012, 04:17 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,451,587 times
Riddle Hospital Consigment Shop in Media PA (south eastern PA), on route#1, directly across from Granite Run Mall.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:59 PM

thank you as always
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: