U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 08:01 AM

15,574 posts, read 7,712,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjtcd View Post
Thanks for the information. even with my hubby still working in Wil. and will have to travel more he loved the homes in southren Meadows and the country feel and no lawn to cut! and your right, Jackie is a doll. we are planning on going back down the 3rd 4th or 5th to check it out again and to time the drive from Wilmington. looking forward to meeting you if we move there. But it won't be for months, if our home sells quickly we will have to move in a appt. to the house is done.
I think we are a little younger than most who live there we are in our late 50's. but ready to be around our peers. You are right about that guy at bon ayre. sad that some people might have desided not to go there because of him.
well talk soon
JJJTCD
Hi,

Wilmington is about an hour away which is not bad. There is a bus that goes up RT13......Route 301 bus. I have not taken it. But if you husband did not want to drive, then there is public trans. DART could probably tell you more.
He may want to sit back and relax to work.

I think you mean Debbie in SM. And yes she is a doll. haahaha....As for Draper, yeah i think many have decided not to buy in Bon Ayre on account of his fabulouso personality
He has been there for a few years. Makes you wonder. The homes are selling but I think some sell on their own merit.
They are not that expensive so that is one advantage. Of course, no pool but some don't care.

I hate to burst your bubble but you will not be the babies of the community.
The youngest is 53 and many others are still in their fifties. I'm not that old either
Then we have some in their 70"s and 80's but most are 50 ish to mid 60's
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjtcd View Post
Oh I forgot to ask you do you know of any apartments down there that rent month to month?
and we are also thinking of looking for a modular home. a company that sells you the house and land prices close to southren meadows.
hehe that is a loaded question. There are many companies along route 13 that sell modular homes but I dont' think they sell the land?

I'm not sure what you are asking?

Old 10-19-2007, 05:41 PM

3 posts, read 7,553 times
Default Bon Ayre Arrogance...

We looked at Bon Ayre just recently and were greeted with similar 'coldness' from the Sales person and lack of requested information (community covenants, taxes, etc.) from him. We stopped to talk to residents of the community and found out that he is also the 'onsite manager', whatever that is....but it doesn't sound good based upon his attitude. We're going to keep looking around because we don't trust the guy!

Old 10-20-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maylrdeamon View Post
We looked at Bon Ayre just recently and were greeted with similar 'coldness' from the Sales person and lack of requested information (community covenants, taxes, etc.) from him. We stopped to talk to residents of the community and found out that he is also the 'onsite manager', whatever that is....but it doesn't sound good based upon his attitude. We're going to keep looking around because we don't trust the guy!

He certainly doesn't have charisma.......and it makes me wonder how they can sell so many homes.
The price is cheap and they do offer a good land lease deal for 9 years. So that may be why.
We almost did buy but no pool and I decided that I would not be happy without a pool.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:54 PM

4,628 posts, read 5,984,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
hehe that is a loaded question. There are many companies along route 13 that sell modular homes but I dont' think they sell the land?

I'm not sure what you are asking?
Be careful! Modular is not the same as a Doublewide Manufactured Home (no matter what the salesperson tells you). Doublewides have HUD seals/labels, a steel frame, and a motor vehicle title. The seal indicates that a 3rd party company has inspected the home, and it meets all requirements. Modulars are simply assembled in a plant under controlled climate conditions, and while they are "manufactured" they do not have that HUD seal/label. Financing for doublewide manufactured homes is becoming more difficult to obtain, and a must is that it be placed on a permanent foundation, wheels/hitch removed, and title surrendered.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
Be careful! Modular is not the same as a Doublewide Manufactured Home (no matter what the salesperson tells you). Doublewides have HUD seals/labels, a steel frame, and a motor vehicle title. The seal indicates that a 3rd party company has inspected the home, and it meets all requirements. Modulars are simply assembled in a plant under controlled climate conditions, and while they are "manufactured" they do not have that HUD seal/label. Financing for doublewide manufactured homes is becoming more difficult to obtain, and a must is that it be placed on a permanent foundation, wheels/hitch removed, and title surrendered.
Interesting. I never knew this. I thought they were one and the same.
Glad to hear the manufactured homes have a HUD seal and all the good stuff.
We recently bought one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware