U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 12:45 PM

4 posts, read 5,010 times

Advertisements

I am new to this thread so hope I am doing this correctly. We have been looking about a 1-1/2 years. Been multiple times to see 6 or 7 communities in lower DE. My husband and I are looking along with my sister and her husband. We have all made a decision - NOBLE POND. Would love to hear from other NP residents. We are excited....and nervous! I am still employed, at least for another year, and during that time we will put our home on the market. My sister and her husband will be moving sooner - their home will go on market in April so needless to say we are living vicariously through them. I have loved all your helpful comments and suggestions which I have passed on to my family....including renting a temperature controlled storage unit. My sister and her husband have done that and we will transport some of their things in the next week or two.

I have been reading over this thread for the last year or so and have followed Charlie (as many others have) through his process. Congratulations Charlie on your choice and selling your home so quickly.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:27 AM

4 posts, read 5,410 times
mdc-pa,
I read your post & decided to register for the forum. My wife & I are considering DE & have plans to look in mid-April. I have a younger brother who built in Nobles Pond but has not yet retired so they are using it as a get away. He & his wife love the place. He tells me that the residents are very friendly as I'm am getting the feeling are the residents of all 55+ communities. They chose NP for a variety of reasons including location to the shopping, etc

I am curious as to why you chose Nobles Pond. By reading this forum & other research online I am finding that there are both pros & cons too all communities & it seems to end up as to what is the best fit for each individual. That being said I am still collecting as much info as I can to make an informed
decision.

Finding this Forum has been extremely helpful.

Congratulations on your decision and best of luck during your move.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:59 AM

4,598 posts, read 5,918,992 times
For those interested in 55+ housing, events, healthcare, and more.....maybe you should consider attending this 55+ Expo at Dover Downs, in the Rollins Center. It's in mid-April. There are plenty of exhibits, and representatives from 55+ communities.

https://imageserv.team-logic.com/med...edule_2012.pdf

By the way, not only 55+ers, but locals and natives are pretty friendly, too!

Old 03-31-2012, 12:23 PM

4 posts, read 5,410 times
rdlr,
Thank you for the info on the 55+ Expo. We are going to be there that week so we will definitely go to it. Also, you are quite right about all the people of DE. They are extremely friendly and helpful.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:24 AM

4 posts, read 5,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspen46 View Post
mdc-pa,
I read your post & decided to register for the forum. My wife & I are considering DE & have plans to look in mid-April. I have a younger brother who built in Nobles Pond but has not yet retired so they are using it as a get away. He & his wife love the place. He tells me that the residents are very friendly as I'm am getting the feeling are the residents of all 55+ communities. They chose NP for a variety of reasons including location to the shopping, etc

I am curious as to why you chose Nobles Pond. By reading this forum & other research online I am finding that there are both pros & cons too all communities & it seems to end up as to what is the best fit for each individual. That being said I am still collecting as much info as I can to make an informed decision. Finding this Forum has been extremely helpful. Congratulations on your decision and best of luck during your move.
Hi, Hmmm... why did we choose NP....good question.....especially since we thought we would be at CC for a very long time. I guess the main reason is the location. Location isn't too far from family in PA, or Christiana Mall, it's off the main drag (13) but not too far. I loved the entrance....and finally they had the home that met our needs....and yes, I will say it .... for the right price....not too big, not too small, a home that I could see real living not just "model" home living - we felt this also in a couple of other communities but price was a reach "for us".
Also, I think there may be a few misconceptions....one NP isn't propane heat.....homes come with a "high efficiency gas furance". We agree they are new to stick building but we all know there can be issues with experienced builders; HOA - we have reviewed the document and see no red flags. NP is commited to building 2 of their 4 phases - both are completely approved ....approx. 400 homes; NP is now beginning work on their new carriage homes -breaking ground any day - per email I just received. Phase 3 & 4 depends on market. I agree any of the communities can be good choices...I don't think there is really a right or wrong....and all the people we have met made us feel very welcome - no matter which community.
We look forward to meeting your brother - maybe your search will also lead you to NP - no matter where you end up we are all close enough to be friends. My sister and husband are also going to NP and just put their home on the market; my cousin and her husband say they coming to NP....they just haven't put a deposit down...but they do have 2 homes on the market....and plan to drop by NP on their way home from FL....so we will see.
Best regards to all....

Old 04-20-2012, 10:37 AM

19,922 posts, read 7,367,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdc-pa View Post
Also, I think there may be a few misconceptions....one NP isn't propane heat.....homes come with a "high efficiency gas furance". We agree they are new to stick building but we all know there can be issues with experienced builders; HOA - we have reviewed the document and see no red flags. NP is commited to building 2 of their 4 phases - both are completely approved ....approx. 400 homes; NP is now beginning work on their new carriage homes -breaking ground any day - per email I just received. Phase 3 & 4 depends on market. I agree any of the communities can be good choices...I don't think there is really a right or wrong....and all the people we have met made us feel very welcome - no matter which community.
Congratulations on choosing a home at Nobles Pond - and thanks for providing some accurate details and correcting some of the incorrect information posted previously by others. Mary Field at Nobles Pond is wonderful and had we not chosen Champions Club, Nobles Pond was a very strong contender.

I hope you'll post more about your experience in our 55+ Communities thread so that those who follow will have more information to help them make their choices. I also hope that someday our paths will cross as we both enjoy all the Delaware has to offer. Best of luck!

Old 04-20-2012, 01:21 PM

401 posts, read 303,908 times
Quote:
Hi, Hmmm... why did we choose NP....good question.....especially since we thought we would be at CC for a very long time. I guess the main reason is the location. Location isn't too far from family in PA, or Christiana Mall, it's off the main drag (13) but not too far. I loved the entrance....and finally they had the home that met our needs....and yes, I will say it .... for the right price....not too big, not too small, a home that I could see real living not just "model" home living - we felt this also in a couple of other communities but price was a reach "for us".
We look forward to meeting your brother - maybe your search will also lead you to NP - no matter where you end up we are all close enough to be friends. My sister and husband are also going to NP and just put their home on the market; my cousin and her husband say they coming to NP....they just haven't put a deposit down...but they do have 2 homes on the market....and plan to drop by NP on their way home from FL....so we will see.
Best regards to all....
Thanks for clearing up the question about the heating system in Nobles Pond. That is good to know. They are also at the top of my list, as I am single and the carriage home would be perfect for me. I love the entrance and the clubhouse and I believe their pool is opening today (April 20). That is what I was told when I was there in March. Even if it doesn't open today, it will be open by May. It is a beautiful spot with every amenity you can imagine and close to shopping.

Maybe when we all get down there people from the different communities can get together for events and activities at each other's places. The nice assisted living places up here do that - when one place has a music program, people from the other facilities can attend. I was at one event, as an outsider (don't live in one of the places) and there was a 96 year old woman dancing to every song!

Good luck to all, and especially Charley. He has helped more people than he can ever know about.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:32 PM

42 posts, read 52,076 times
Quote:
Best regards to all....

Congrats....

A High efficiency gas furnance does not mean that it is propane. The fact is Nobles is propane and it is very important for people to know that they will be paying significantly more than people with Natural Gas.

Be cautious when phases are not approved. HOA fees are determined on a full occupancy. When phases are not approved, it effects so many things in the community, mostly HOA fees.

I wish you the best of luck

Old 04-22-2012, 06:27 PM

3 posts, read 3,404 times
I am considering moving to Noble's Pond when I retire which may be within the next few years. I really like the design of the houses especially the porches and the open floor plan.I am looking at the Fairfield or the Hampton since they have 2 car garages, 1 for my car and one for my junk. The price is within my budget. I have been to 1 open house there and am planning to go on May 19 for another. I don't know anyone in Delaware so this is a scary endeavor for me but I really like the area and it is centrally located. I can get to NJ, Pa, Md, Va and even NY within about 3 hours. I currently live in Northern NJ. I am single, 56 years old and I worry about having other singles around. I love the fact that they have a community garden since I love to garden. The clubhouse is gorgeous.They seem very outgoing there and have lots of planned activities and outings. I have checked out other over 55 communities online and none thrill me as much as NP. I just hope when I am ready to make the move they still have room for me. Is anyone planning on going to their open house on May 19? I'd love to meet up with you

Old 04-25-2012, 09:00 PM

42 posts, read 52,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnaway112 View Post
I am considering moving to Noble's Pond when I retire which may be within the next few years. I really like the design of the houses especially the porches and the open floor plan.I am looking at the Fairfield or the Hampton since they have 2 car garages, 1 for my car and one for my junk. The price is within my budget. I have been to 1 open house there and am planning to go on May 19 for another. I don't know anyone in Delaware so this is a scary endeavor for me but I really like the area and it is centrally located. I can get to NJ, Pa, Md, Va and even NY within about 3 hours. I currently live in Northern NJ. I am single, 56 years old and I worry about having other singles around. I love the fact that they have a community garden since I love to garden. The clubhouse is gorgeous.They seem very outgoing there and have lots of planned activities and outings. I have checked out other over 55 communities online and none thrill me as much as NP. I just hope when I am ready to make the move they still have room for me. Is anyone planning on going to their open house on May 19? I'd love to meet up with you

Good Stuff Upnaway: 2 car garages is a major plus. The only thing I would suggest is to visit the communities in person. Internet does not do justice. Your best bet is to talk to ALL members of the community, not only the ones that come to the parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware