Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 10:59 AM

91 posts, read 296,415 times

Advertisements

We are in the midst of our community / househunt in DE and have come across a few communities that have Mediacom as the cable/internet service provider. Just looking for feedback.

As my husband will be working from home, fast and reliable internet speed is ultra important. Looks like Mediacom has a business package that goes up to 50 mbps download and 2-5 upload.

Anyone who has (or had) this service please provide feedback on thoughts? Is the speed consistent? Is the service stable (issues of chronic downtime would be a big problem)?

What about on the cable side - are you satified with the selections?

Appreciate any thoughts!!!!!

Last edited by Suluki11; 04-05-2012 at 12:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 12:53 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,185,269 times
Do you have any other options? Our community has both Media Com and Verizon Fios. We are quite happy with Verizon.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:01 PM

We were hoping for Fios - although, they have Verizon, it is not the Fios option. Whats your opinion on Mediacom - not good?

BTW: This is not across the board for the communities we are looking at - it is just a couple (which happen to have some of my fave target homes).

Old 04-05-2012, 01:59 PM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
I know you didn't ask about Comcast, but that's what we have. I run a business from my home, and must deliver secure Adobe packaged jobs all over the country. A 'package' consists of 25-30 pages. Never had a problem with Comcast, except the monthly bill keeps going up. When we complain, they reduce the fee, but it gradually goes back. We have Comcast t.v. and Internet. No downtime, and good service.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:06 PM

Yes, thats what we have here in NJ and are happy with the Comcast Service. This is the first time I have heard of Mediacom and wasnt sure if it is comparable (hope it is). The only complaints I have seen online are what people usually whine about cable companies.

It looks like Mediacom was not a great option a few years ago, but since they have improved the speed, looks like people are going back to it.

Wasnt sure if thats what people are experiencing and seeing in reality.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:27 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,910,003 times
We've had Mediacom basic cable for ten years and we have no complaints other than occasional rising costs. It is rarely, if ever, out and the picture is clear as can be. I only have the basic cable channels (no movie channels or anything fancy) and the selection suits me just fine, but we really don't watch much tv.

We were leery about dropping our Verizon DSL internet service, but rising costs prompted us to ditch both our Verizon land line and internet service. We now have Magic Jack Plus for our land line (kept the same number and LOVE it!) and Mediacom as our internet service provider. We don't have the premium internet which is suitable for businesses given we only use our computers for personal use, but our neighbor does and he raves about it. He's a computer network engineer and if he's impressed, then it must be pretty darn good. I have found Mediacom internet to be VERY reliable, much more so than Verizon DSL. It's also much faster. I heard complaints about Mediacom internet before we switched, but we've had it for four months and we're 100 percent satisfied. Hope this helps...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware