U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 08:13 PM

7,332 posts, read 10,765,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movn2del View Post
I think you guys misunderstood me. Sorry. I didn't mean to imply that the Dr.'s think they are G-d. What I wanted to get across is that patients thought Dr.'s were G-d and had all the answers so never looked any further. Today there is a need to look further, question and not just take Dr.'s word(s) as gospel.
I knew exactly what you meant, movn2del
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 05:54 AM

1,646 posts, read 4,463,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anniebleu View Post
movn, you didn't hurt my feelings! None of you did. We have probably all had unfortunate experiences with doctors and hospitals, and we all want good care. As I said, you really have to do your research--and ask a lot of questions. Sometimes, unfortunate things are going to happen anyway.

Eliza and movn, I agree that some docs think they're Superior--even Supreme--Beings! I say that even though I have, at this time, four doctors in my family currently practicing, and a lot in my family tree. Charley, one of them is in your state--watch out! But seriously, they are very aware of the problems within their profession.

rockky, I'm sorry to hear that you're among those who've had a difficult time getting proper diagnosis and treatment, and hope all is well now.

Eliza, good luck with your new doc! Hope all goes well on the 3rd.
annie, Unfortunately, I'm still dealing with the health issues. The Prednisone and pain meds have altered my quality of every day living. I kept trying and asking questions. I got little to no answers. One of the docs was just plain mean. I was near tears when I left his office....and, truly, that is not like me.

Each of them gave me a different diagnosis. Until I left Dover, I had seen five docs and three PT groups. I know dern well I was really down in the dumps....feeling so dismissed. One doc gave me a very grim outlook. The guy he sent me to wanted to know why I was taking up his time. The tests showed I didn't have any serious problems.

I don't have a history of doctor hopping or any long-term health issues. I don't make a career of find health issues in myself.

The other deal was a UTI...common and simple. I ended up on a series of four different antibiotics. When we hit number three, I got a call from the doctor's office telling me to stop taking what they had last prescribed. (I had already finished them as per directions.) They said that what they were giving me was not effective on the particular infection I had. Someone must not have looked at the test results in the first place. This wasn't a simple in-house dip. I paid for outside lab results. This went on for over a month from the onset of the infection. Plus, they seemed very unconcerned. When I moved from Dover, my records were requested. They lost them.....eventually found....weeks later.

I know I'm sounding like a whiny butt. I apologize for that. The point is that I felt as if most of these professionals were not interested in the individual patient. I was a 'case'. Not a person. There seemed to be a marked lack of professionalism in the office staff of many providers.

Perhaps there's a larger population in Kent County than there are medical professionals to provide adequate service. I dunno. I just know I was not feeling well and felt very frustrated.

Just my experience.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:09 AM

243 posts, read 835,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
I knew exactly what you meant, movn2del
That's because you are a very smart lady.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
I just know I was not feeling well and felt very frustrated.
I'm sorry you are having such problems with the medical field. I know what it is like to not feel good for a long time and it is very frustrating and depressing. Getting misdiagnosed or several different diagnoses is common practice, unfortunately, if you have something that is difficult and/or not common. It happened to me in New York. It's not Delaware, it is the medical practice. I wish you the best in resolving your situation. I do feel for you. It does feel better once you get the proper diagnosis. It took me over 2 years, so I understand.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:13 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,977,694 times
I'm sorry you're having such difficulty, Rockky.

There are some awful experiences everywhere. I once had a cough that lasted through five months, four physicians, SEVENTEEN different prescription medications and caused six broken ribs! I was poked, prodded, drugged and tested. My office was investigated for some cause that was never found. I finally had a bronchoscopy (after asking for one for about two months) and when it was done, for some reason, the coughing stopped. The theory was that there was something deep in one of the bronchial passages that was irritating me causing the cough and that the bronchoscopy itself relieved that irritation. I can only presume it to be correct because the coughing stopped. But what it took for me to get the services I knew I needed was a disgrace. By the way - for future readers - this was in New York, not Delaware.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:17 AM

Well, movin', maybe I'll get lucky!! It's commin' up on two years soon. Perhaps that's the lucky number.

I'm glad you finally found a resolution to your situation. Two years is a long time to feel as if you're crazy.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:18 AM

Charley, Strange thing about invasive procedures. Whoda thunk that the procedure itself would be a cure??!!??

Old 05-19-2008, 06:19 AM

243 posts, read 835,969 times
Quote:
Well, movin', maybe I'll get lucky!! It's commin' up on two years soon. Perhaps that's the lucky number.

I'm glad you finally found a resolution to your situation. Two years is a long time to feel as if you're crazy.
I didn't say I found a resolution, just a diagnosis. Diagnosis, unfortunately, doesn't mean good health, I'm sorry to say.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movn2del View Post
I didn't say I found a resolution, just a diagnosis. Diagnosis, unfortunately, doesn't mean good health, I'm sorry to say.
Yeah. I agree. I'd just like to know what it is I'm fighting.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:29 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,551,020 times
Quote:
Yeah. I agree. I'd just like to know what it is I'm fighting.
I can understand how this must be frustrating. My neighbor has been sick for at least 3 or 4 months. In fact, I drove her to emergency 3 weekes ago. They gave her 4 pints of blood and still dont' know where she is bleeding.
She has been doctoring but for 3 too 4 months complaining about the flu, weakness and shortness of breath. They still haven't found out what is wrong with her. Except to say her blood count was extremely low and gave her 4 pints of blood.
This week she is having more test.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:38 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,977,694 times
Quote:
Charley, Strange thing about invasive procedures. Whoda thunk that the procedure itself would be a cure??!!??
They thought they opened up a bronchial passage that might have been rubbing against inself and causing the irritation. It did stop the cough, so I guess it must have been the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or