U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2007, 04:19 PM

6 posts, read 24,464 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I currently reside in NJ, but are thinking of moving to Delaware after graduating in the spring. The plan is to rent for a few years while we save for a nice house.

So far, using this site to research, I am really drawn to Lewes, as is he. We plan on visiting at some point this fall/winter, and again in the spring/early summer before we make any sort . I have a few questions however.

Are there year-round apartment rentals in Lewes or the surrounding area for a reasonable price? What is the price range we would be looking at?

How bad is the area in the summer? Is there a significant jump in crime rate during the tourist season?

How long would it take to get from Lewes to Dover? My boyfriend wants to become a state trooper, and Police Academy would be 24 weeks in Dover. He would live at the academy during the week, but would be free to come home on weekends. I see that it is 30-40 miles to Dover, but I have no clue what that would translate into in driving time with the traffic and all.

Also, I am a speech pathology major, and any work in the field would not come until after grad school for me. However, I was wondering if anyone knew of the job availibility for Speech Pathologists in DE. I know in NJ I could get a job almost instantly because there is such a shortage, however, I'm not sure about what the job market for my profession is like in DE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 07:12 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,545,017 times
Hi Wildbeast,

I can't offer a lot but what I can tell you is Lewes is a charming little town. The traffic however during the summer may be a nightmare.
You could settle in Kent country and only be a half hour from the beach.......just a thought.
There are people on this board that are renting and they could probably help you out.
MaryCh and Lash both rent in Dover and both are very happy.

keep those questions coming till you find out all you need to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or