Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 07:51 PM

31 posts, read 80,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
I guess you didn't notice, as you were doing your "DD", that Roesville was in a rural area?
Backwoods is a better definition. Enjoy your retirement and your choice of Roesville. Over and out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 12:11 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,426,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
I have heard before lower slower starts at sussex. Quite frankly I don't care where it starts. For me and I speak for myself........this is lower slower.

Elizamary: I got the postcard from Southern Meadow yesterday, advertising the block party next week. You certainly look like a happy, compatible bunch there at SM. Are you in any of the photos on the card? If you are happy and have good neighbors, you are very wealthy in the ways that matter.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:49 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree2011 View Post
Elizamary: I got the postcard from Southern Meadow yesterday, advertising the block party next week. You certainly look like a happy, compatible bunch there at SM. Are you in any of the photos on the card? If you are happy and have good neighbors, you are very wealthy in the ways that matter.
hi and Not sure. I haven't seen the postcard so I'm not sure. Have seen pictures on SM in their blog and yes this is happy compatible group. Very very lucky. No snobs, just a great bunch of people that care about their neighbors.

We are blessed. BTW......will be at the block party next weeks........Looking forward to it. Fried chicken....yum. Andy, the owner usually does a nice job and anyone can come. It's always a fun day.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:10 AM

560 posts, read 915,980 times
Looking forward to the community July 4 cookout here at Roesville. Good food, good friends, indoor and outdoor activities. Memorial Day was great fun...this should be as well.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,997 times
You talk about a water bill but it was my understanding that water and sewage is included in taxes????

Old 11-20-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bago View Post
You talk about a water bill but it was my understanding that water and sewage is included in taxes????
Water and sewage use is not included in taxes. They are billed to each homeowner by those utility companies.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:18 AM

The original poster in this forum has since sold his house and moved elsewhere. Most of his posts were seriously opinionated and not necessarily true.

Yes, Roesville is rural and may be considered "backwoods" for some who like living in traffic congested areas. The facts support our community as quiet and friendly, we are involved in many social activities, we contribute to the larger community via charity and participation, and our homes are quality-built and lovely. If you are interested in living in an area with friends your own age, close to shopping and cultural areas, love peace and quiet (no jet noise or heavy traffic), and just want to be left to your own interests without being pressured to "join" anything. This is the place for you. Come by for a visit.

Old 02-12-2014, 02:20 PM

9,723 posts, read 14,262,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
The original poster in this forum has since sold his house and moved elsewhere. Most of his posts were seriously opinionated and not necessarily true.

Yes, Roesville is rural and may be considered "backwoods" for some who like living in traffic congested areas. The facts support our community as quiet and friendly, we are involved in many social activities, we contribute to the larger community via charity and participation, and our homes are quality-built and lovely. If you are interested in living in an area with friends your own age, close to shopping and cultural areas, love peace and quiet (no jet noise or heavy traffic), and just want to be left to your own interests without being pressured to "join" anything. This is the place for you. Come by for a visit.
I bet y'all are glad that guy's gone! Don't know where he came from, but he sure brought his bad manners with him. I could make a guess, but that would be bad manners, wouldn't it? LOL

Old 06-08-2014, 08:39 PM

8 posts, read 14,118 times
Hey everyone. Contemplating this community but didn't like reading what the OP had to say. I know he's gone now but I'm still wondering...how many homes have been sold now. I know he said there were 40 sold in 2012. Also, the website says that they are going to disregard the 50% rule and begin building the lodge very soon...and that the dues after the lodge is built will be $106 per month...anyone know how true this really is?

Old 06-28-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileskia907 View Post
Hey everyone. Contemplating this community but didn't like reading what the OP had to say. I know he's gone now but I'm still wondering...how many homes have been sold now. I know he said there were 40 sold in 2012. Also, the website says that they are going to disregard the 50% rule and begin building the lodge very soon...and that the dues after the lodge is built will be $106 per month...anyone know how true this really is?
There are currently 56 occupied homes at Roesville. To my knowledge the plans have not officially changed regarding the construction of the permanent Lodge. There is the "Roesville Club" which is adequate for the number of homes at the present. There are frequent community gatherings including holiday picnics and fun travel events, a full size pool table, exercise equipment, a Ping-Pong table, a shuffleboard table, cable TV, game tables, and a reading library.
This is a very tight knit community with wonderful, friendly neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware