U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 06:43 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,564,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash5107 View Post
We have a Mac which is great in some ways (no virus issues usually) and bad in other ways (the word processing program is awful). I've only used PC's at work, and I would call the tech guys for problems...so I can't help you there.

As for "Delaware good things":
  • We've only been here 6 weeks, but like maryCh said before, we went to Spence's Bazaar... which is an interesting place and somewhere to find a deal on something. Food is yummy too!!!!
  • One thing I like a lot here is the museum at the Air Force Base. It is free (suggested donation) and there are lots of real, big airplanes to see. My dad (who is 72) came to visit and I took him there. We both had a great time.
  • Silver Lake Park, though not that big, has a nice walking path and for kids, a playground. On some weekends there is a company that does kayaking on the lake (I read that in the Dover Post)
I haven't done any other sightseeing. We were waiting for summer to be over before we went to the beach (I'd prefer to walk along the beach, not swim or roast in the sun)...I also want to take our dog to find some good places to walk in the various state parks.

LA
I'm also with you Lash, We are just starting to branch out now. Want to get down to cape Henelopen and get a yearly pass.

Fall is my best time of the year with cooler temps and not as much traffic.

BTW Dover has a visitors center which was kind of interesting too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 08:44 AM

113 posts, read 436,922 times
Wow! What great posts from all, and thanks!

Charley, I haven't visited the relative's PC (or the relative ) since receiving your advice, which, as I said, I'll combine with my own advice to me. If that doesn't work, I'll try Mike's instructions. MIKE! Thanks so much!

Mary, LASH, Eliza, it's great that you're all making your discoveries. I may learn something from you. Perhaps I already have. I'm going to brave Spence's again! I've not gone for years, because I used to have trouble with some guys following me around, but I've aged since then! Worth taking another look! And since you'll ask, my husband won't go there. Says he doesn't like being around so much junk. Geeze.

Eliza, one of our been-here-forever relatives remembers when Byler's was a tiny store at a different location. Says, even then, it was interesting. I got discouraged after the latest expansion. Thought it lost some of its special appeal. But fresh whole wheat rolls? Look for a middleaged woman with fairly long, fairly straight, almost black hair roaming the aisles next time you're there!

Mary and LASH, yes, off-season at the beach is best. We've even enjoyed the beach with snow falling. Beautiful!

LASH, Eliza mentioned Cape Henlopen, and the state park there has great sandy paths through evergreen woods. I think you and your dog would love exploring the lakeside paths at Killens Pond State Park too--and that's not far south of Dover.

Rushing as usual. Mary, please see my message in your "proud mom" post.

Thanks again, everyone.

Lori

Old 09-26-2007, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieF View Post
Wow! What great posts from all, and thanks!

Charley, I haven't visited the relative's PC (or the relative ) since receiving your advice, which, as I said, I'll combine with my own advice to me. If that doesn't work, I'll try Mike's instructions. MIKE! Thanks so much!

Mary, LASH, Eliza, it's great that you're all making your discoveries. I may learn something from you. Perhaps I already have. I'm going to brave Spence's again! I've not gone for years, because I used to have trouble with some guys following me around, but I've aged since then! Worth taking another look! And since you'll ask, my husband won't go there. Says he doesn't like being around so much junk. Geeze.

Eliza, one of our been-here-forever relatives remembers when Byler's was a tiny store at a different location. Says, even then, it was interesting. I got discouraged after the latest expansion. Thought it lost some of its special appeal. But fresh whole wheat rolls? Look for a middleaged woman with fairly long, fairly straight, almost black hair roaming the aisles next time you're there!

Mary and LASH, yes, off-season at the beach is best. We've even enjoyed the beach with snow falling. Beautiful!

LASH, Eliza mentioned Cape Henlopen, and the state park there has great sandy paths through evergreen woods. I think you and your dog would love exploring the lakeside paths at Killens Pond State Park too--and that's not far south of Dover.

Rushing as usual. Mary, please see my message in your "proud mom" post.

Thanks again, everyone.

Lori

I just can't imagine not exploring. Cape henelopen is amazing just as you described.

And yes, Fresh wheat kaiser rolls. So fresh, must have been baked right before they put them out.
I prefer Wheat flour to white flour. Try to watch the carbs. Besides, whole wheat is better for ya.

Will look for someone with long straight black hair roaming around Bylers.

It must of been nice before they expanded but I think it is still a neat place to visit.
You can get every grain, nuts and anything imaginable there.

Take care,

Old 09-26-2007, 10:31 AM

43 posts, read 41,077 times
Talking Byler's

I have to confess, I went to Byler's just to check it out. I am now addicted to their Honey Cinnamon Almonds. I bought a bag, and had to go back the next day to buy another bag (ok...two bags). I also tried their fresh baked hamburger rolls. Yummy. I'll have to try the whole wheat rolls, as I too prefer to (need to) eat whole wheat.

LA

Old 09-26-2007, 12:01 PM

199 posts, read 858,954 times
Nobody is as computer as I am. I thought the mouse was a little grey animal you try to catch with a trap.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:02 PM

199 posts, read 858,954 times
See what I mean. I left out the word, "stupid".

Old 09-26-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash5107 View Post
I have to confess, I went to Byler's just to check it out. I am now addicted to their Honey Cinnamon Almonds. I bought a bag, and had to go back the next day to buy another bag (ok...two bags). I also tried their fresh baked hamburger rolls. Yummy. I'll have to try the whole wheat rolls, as I too prefer to (need to) eat whole wheat.

LA

All their fresh baked pastries and bread are soooooo yummy.

come on Lash, you really mean 3 bags don't ya. LOL

I am amazed at all the different grains you can pick up. I had been looking for steel cut oat meal and they have it there. Back in Philly, I could just get it at Trader Joes or whole food. We dont' have either down here. Boo hoo

Old 09-26-2007, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeweeaz View Post
Hahaha..............I just thought you meant you weren't a computer.

Not to worry, just a typo. I do this ALL the time. The only time you won't see my typo's is when I do spell check and sometimes I am too lazy to do this so I just let em go.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:57 PM

43 posts, read 41,077 times
Talking busted!

Well....you're close. I had three in my basket, and then I took one out!!!!
LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
All their fresh baked pastries and bread are soooooo yummy.

come on Lash, you really mean 3 bags don't ya. LOL

I am amazed at all the different grains you can pick up. I had been looking for steel cut oat meal and they have it there. Back in Philly, I could just get it at Trader Joes or whole food. We dont' have either down here. Boo hoo

Old 09-26-2007, 03:53 PM

19,922 posts, read 9,990,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeweeaz View Post
You think you're computer illiterate? It took me three months to find the little button that makes the cup holder roll out!

Charley
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or