Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 05:50 AM

9,723 posts, read 14,262,736 times

Advertisements

Everybody has their own opinion of "fun", we all know. If a fun 4th of July includes fireworks, here's a list of events you might want to note. This past weekend, fireworks had already begun in the South Bowers Beach area. They were really beautiful over the water, there were no traffic jams or crowds, and from a North Bowers Beach deck the view couldn't be beat! Whatever you decide to do, and wherever you go, have a Happy 4th of July! Be Safe!

Delaware Tourism Blog - Celebrate July 4th in Delaware! - Delaware Tourism - Delaware State Vacation Information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 07:08 AM

1,916 posts, read 3,911,661 times
We're hoping to ride our bikes in town to see Bethany Beach's July 4th noon parade, weather permitting. After that, we'll be hiding in the house the rest of the day .

I'd also like to remind everyone that ALL fireworks are illegal in Delaware and have been as long as I've been alive. Only professional displays are permitted. We have issues every year with typically out-of-staters bringing them here and setting them off in residential communities such as MINE. I mean, it's houses upon houses in my area and they don't care--they'll set them off anyway. They don't give a hoot if something catches on fire or lands somewhere and causes damage. I call the cops if I can pinpoint who it is. It's really bad where I live; it's probably the worst place I've ever lived as far as people setting off illegal fireworks. I've never seen anything quite like it. The first year we lived here, somebody set off "rocket launchers" and they landed on the roof of our brand new house and in our backyard. Respect--some people need to learn what it is. Sorry for the tirade, but I have already been dealing with people setting them off all weekend, upsetting my animals and waking us up.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:13 AM

9,723 posts, read 14,262,736 times
Very good point, Liz! I guess they think they can break our laws in little ole' Delaware, and just go back home. "Respect" for Delaware is very much lacking by the tourist crowd. It's always been that way, as long as I can remember, but has gotten much worse over the years (including their driving habits). The fireworks issue at the beach is more dangerous than many can imagine. I don't blame you a bit for being perturbed. The law is the law!

We can see the City of Dover fireworks from our back yard, if we want to, but the Bowers Beach display filled the bill.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:07 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,911,661 times
I definitely saw a lack of respect and good driving habits on my trip to Lewes today. Warning to everyone: it is AWFUL out that way, both northbound and southbound. Gridlocked. I won't be out that way again at all for the rest of the week, thankfully. Route 26 is bumper-to-bumper as well. It took me 20 minutes just to travel from Ocean View to route one, which is a little over two miles.

I have heard some tourists say that "fireworks are legal where they came from, blah blah blah"...well, then go back there and catch their own house on fire. They are are illegal here and people like me will continue to rain on their parade when it comes to fireworks. It's only early July and I have already had it with all the shenanigans around here. I'm very lucky that I don't have to work during the summer and can hide from them when it gets to be too much. I am sure this week will be very trying though, with July 4th falling in the middle of the week.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:40 PM

2,226 posts, read 3,856,231 times
I usually go to the Newark fireworks, but the big fireworks show of the summer, for me, is the Delaware City one on Delaware City Day.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:04 AM

242 posts, read 534,015 times
Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware