U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 06:33 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,545,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdnaP View Post
Thanks Charley ....

Felt somewhat like I was eeves dropping ... it's nice to see so many folks interested in moving to our tiny state. (I was born and raised here)

As for those of you lucky enough to get together for lunches, Franco's in the Goose Creek Shopping Center on Rt 10 (near Dover Air Force Base) is a fantastic Italian restaraunt that you will find offers fantastic food at very reasonable prices (it's our favorite Italian place!)

Hi Edna........Franco's may be our next stop. You are welcome to join us!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 09:02 AM

137 posts, read 281,825 times
Default Fun Visit

I certainly enjoyed having lunch with the gals yesterday afternoon. It was as if I knew everybody already. The food at the Chinese buffet place (Hong Kong Buffet, I think?) was pretty good. We arrived there early enough that they were putting out fresh food for the lunch crowd.

PA had a nice little coupon for 15% off which helped a little. Even without the discount, tho, the lunch price was pretty good.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddollar View Post
I certainly enjoyed having lunch with the gals yesterday afternoon. It was as if I knew everybody already. The food at the Chinese buffet place (Hong Kong Buffet, I think?) was pretty good. We arrived there early enough that they were putting out fresh food for the lunch crowd.

PA had a nice little coupon for 15% off which helped a little. Even without the discount, tho, the lunch price was pretty good.
Hi SandDollar............It was great you were able to join us I think it was called China Buffet? And yes, very good food and a great variety to choose from.
Hope to see you before you go back to MI.
Take care,

Old 11-02-2007, 06:28 PM

693 posts, read 2,611,948 times
Yes, Sanddollar it was great meeting you. So happy you were able to join our lunch group. Next time...Italian, we'll keep ya posted...

Old 11-03-2007, 06:21 AM

1,646 posts, read 4,460,641 times
Hey you guys....I just thought of another place you might enjoy.

Down in the little town of Wyoming, off the main drag, there's a place called Hall's Family Restaurant. It reminded me of the sort of places we went to when I was a kid in the 1950s and early 60s. It's locally owned, and their menu is quite large. It has a comfortable, clean ambiance. I think they do quite a large business. Check on the hours though. I think they maybe closed one day during the week.

I loved the trip down Memory Lane....and it was real!! Not some corporate trying to take you there.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Hey you guys....I just thought of another place you might enjoy.

Down in the little town of Wyoming, off the main drag, there's a place called Hall's Family Restaurant. It reminded me of the sort of places we went to when I was a kid in the 1950s and early 60s. It's locally owned, and their menu is quite large. It has a comfortable, clean ambiance. I think they do quite a large business. Check on the hours though. I think they maybe closed one day during the week.

I loved the trip down Memory Lane....and it was real!! Not some corporate trying to take you there.

Thanks Rockky but we have been there twice and you are correct, Halls is a great place to dine.
Food is very good, not expensive and has a down home atmosphere.
Keep sharing Rockky.......

Old 11-03-2007, 07:05 AM

137 posts, read 281,825 times
What about that little place on the corner of Main St in Magnolia? Elizamary, have you tried that restaurant out yet?

Last edited by sanddollar; 11-03-2007 at 07:05 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 11-03-2007, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddollar View Post
What about that little place on the corner of Main St in Magnolia? Elizamary, have you tried that restaurant out yet?

Oh yes Sanddollar...........The Magnolia Diner. Very good too and reasonable.
I understand they make everything on the premise. We have eaten there a couple times too.
Great breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:54 AM

693 posts, read 2,611,948 times
Wow. How 'bout that.. Two more recomendations and the group has already met at both places there for lunch already.
Oh yea and the Magnolia Diner also makes a cheesesteak that is just like home. They import the rolls from Philly which is what makes them sooo good

Old 11-05-2007, 06:53 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,973,086 times
I'm baaaaaaack ... lol

I'm home and exhausted. My daughter completed her first New York City Marathon yesterday in a surprising 5 hours and 51 minutes. Her original hopes were to break 8 hours. I think she succeeded.

My wife and I followed her around the city, on foot, after spending all of Saturday walking around the city in the cold and windy streets, at the pasta party, the fireworks display, the finish line concert, etc. I'm exhausted and my knees are shot! I'll be spending most of the day in front of the computer (so I can sit) and catch up on all the messages, posts, emails, etc. of the weekend.

Charley
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or