U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 10:12 PM

957 posts, read 2,363,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Anyway, Is Rossc a Male?
hard to tell.
Yes, I am. Maybe I need a haircut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 10:14 PM

957 posts, read 2,363,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Hey, rossc! There you are. I thought maybe you had headed south already.
NO...I've been working the show circuit. Car shows, bike shows, craft shows, drag and Nascar races...I may not be headed south till mid December. My internet business is picking up. I have to be in FL in Jan for some shows, but depending on internet sales, I may not be able to stay all winter.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:24 AM

15,514 posts, read 7,659,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossc View Post
Yes, I am. Maybe I need a haircut.
sorry rossc Nothing personal and I could be a man you know. Those that met me know I'm not but can you imagine the surprise if I had a beard when I showed up at the restaurant.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:00 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,266,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossc View Post
NO...I've been working the show circuit. Car shows, bike shows, craft shows, drag and Nascar races...I may not be headed south till mid December. My internet business is picking up. I have to be in FL in Jan for some shows, but depending on internet sales, I may not be able to stay all winter.

I guess the increase in on line business is a good thing. Keeps you away from the sun and water though. Fair trade off?

I know it's been really warm down there. My son has been trying to replace the roof. sigh He's good, but not experienced. I have no idea how it's *really* going.

I got one estimate from a contractor....$7,000+. It's a standard saltbox....built in '89...typical vacation size home at the time. Seemed high.

Sorry, guys. Way off topic here. I could rationalize and say I'm just tryin' to get myself together.

eliza, How did the birthday dinner go?

Old 10-07-2007, 01:17 AM

902 posts, read 2,492,746 times
Wow! This is been a busy site since I last posted on Thursday! Just a comment... notice WHEN the gals post (mostly weekdays, during the day) and then check the guys.... more on weekends or evenings. Might have something to say about the genders.

As far as the "true" male or female identities... elizamary HONESTLY does NOT look like Sally Fields. I must confess, she is the Pierce Brosnan look-alike!

Yes, elizamary, do tell how Bill's b-day dinner went! Hope the b-day boy got all he wanted on his special day!

Mary

Old 10-07-2007, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
Wow! This is been a busy site since I last posted on Thursday! Just a comment... notice WHEN the gals post (mostly weekdays, during the day) and then check the guys.... more on weekends or evenings. Might have something to say about the genders.

As far as the "true" male or female identities... elizamary HONESTLY does NOT look like Sally Fields. I must confess, she is the Pierce Brosnan look-alike!

Yes, elizamary, do tell how Bill's b-day dinner went! Hope the b-day boy got all he wanted on his special day!

Mary

Hey Mary............How did your visit with sis go? Hope it went well and ya'll had a great time.
I had been busy getting ready for the group who showed up a day later. Well at least they are hear.

People always did mistaken me for Pierce. Maybe we were separated twins at birth?

rockky and mary and everyone.

Bill had a successful B day. Dinner at Cool springs was great It is like a gourmet Seafood restaruant. Grouper with dried tomatoes, mushrooms and white wine sauce. Smacking my lips.
He go a bike and has been riding it since.
No choking experience this time. Will be learning the manuver very soon. choking can happen to anyone but with parkisons it is something we especially have to watch.
This weekend the B day boy has his 3 little sweeties visiting him and he is happy.
My little grand daughter, and our two girls.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:15 AM

130 posts, read 362,408 times
Hi Eliza..glad that Bill had a great birthday. We have been rather busy here in PA. Even though it was in the 80's this weekend ( quite unusual for this part of PA ) we had to start the " winterizing" process. I just wanted to let you ( and anyone else interested ) that we will be in Dover on the 19th and will leave Saturday afternoon. So, if you are still up for meeting we would love to do that on Friday for dinner. We had a heck of a time with reservations due to the fact that it is Homecoming Weekend for some college down there. I can't remember which one, though. If we go to " Where Pigs Fly" perhaps we should make reservations if possible. I have a feeling a lot of people will be around. So, let us know and if anyone else is interested, c'mon along!

Have a good one.
Joyce and Ron

Old 10-07-2007, 03:55 PM

199 posts, read 660,581 times
Eliza,
Glad the dinner went well and the birthday boy had a good time. Also, sorry to hear about the Parkinson's. My mom died from Progressive Nuclear Palsy (PSP) which is a rare Parkinsonian-like disease. As she got worse, she too had problems swallowing. Good luck to him.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:08 AM

Peewee...........Everyone that enters this world has some struggles to deal with. That is life I suppose.
Could be worse and could be better but we learn to deal with whatever. I worked feverishly to find a way to retire and live comfortable at the time I did and this was the reason.
We both like to do things and with a job, it was too confining. couldn't always take off when I wanted.
When we found SM, I did all the figuring and realize........Yeah, we can do this. Bills disease is progressive. Right now he is not too bad but we know it may get worse.
Sorry about your Mom. I'm guessing the swallowing problem goes along with Parkisons.

Mary..........The doctor I saw was Zen Phen. I liked her. bill had her before too and he said she is okay. Did not see Tootsie Tonwe.......Have not seen him yet.

Joycie...........the 19th is fine. Anyone else game for dinner on Friday the 19th of Oct?
Let me know where you want to eat and if we need reservations, I'll set them up for everyone.

BTW where in Pa do you live?

Old 10-08-2007, 09:29 AM

902 posts, read 2,492,746 times
I really need to find time on the weekend to keep up with you guys!

Joyce... my schedule tends to allow for lunches only, as I have a 10 & 12 yr old that I don't like to leave home alone without familiar neighbors to call on. So I may have to pass on dinner on the 19th, although it sounds like great fun.

elizamary... the visit with sis busted wide open Saturday, and she left in a huff. Just like my sis, which has been disappointing for 40+ years. But not a big surprise, as things needed to be said between she and I that have been long overdue. It was just a good thing is was just us, and didn't happen when the rest of the family are in at Thanksgiving.

But the boys and I had a great day Sunday... we went to Coast Day at the U-Del campus in Lewes. It was beautiful, VERY educational, and we even got to spend an hour on a Delaware beach by day's end. I'll have to share the info at the next lunch, as grandkids and grown ups alike would love it!

Speaking of lunch (I must be getting hungry)... our group still on for Thursday 10/18??? Have we come up with where yet? I'll talk to LASH, as we may get together tomorrow.

Gotta run... I found a sewing machine on sale and I gotta go buy it before the ad runs out! Thank you Christopher Columbus!

Mary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware