U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 10:50 AM

131 posts, read 454,570 times

Advertisements

Hi Eliza! Let's wait a few days before we make reservations and perhaps allow anyone else who can join us to post.

Ah..shucks, Mary. I would love to meet you but we most likely won't get to Delaware before noon and we do want to see a few houses and communities. I believe most offices close at 5 pm. Hope to catch ya the next time!
Also, on Saturday we may revisit some places before we head off back to PA.
I know that on the weekends most offices open at noon.

Eliza, we live in Johnstown. We have had a beautiful summer that just keeps on going. It is unusual for this area. We have had our heat on before this date most years. However, it seems like a lot of the country is above normal as well. I am enjoying the sunshine and warmth because I heard on the news that the low for Sunday is going to be in the 30's. All good things come to an end. But, we love the beautiful leaves on the hills and hope to see more on the way down.

Take care.
Joyce
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 11:31 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,974,247 times
It looks like we've decided to visit next from December 27 through December 30, assuming that our vet can take the cat. We're going to treat our adult daughter to a little time away as well and show her some of the things about Delaware that we like.

So if there is a chance of any "getting together" during that time, please count us in.

Thanks,
Charley

Old 10-08-2007, 11:58 AM

1,646 posts, read 4,461,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoycieM View Post
Hi Eliza! Let's wait a few days before we make reservations and perhaps allow anyone else who can join us to post.

Ah..shucks, Mary. I would love to meet you but we most likely won't get to Delaware before noon and we do want to see a few houses and communities. I believe most offices close at 5 pm. Hope to catch ya the next time!

Eliza, we live in Johnstown. We have had a beautiful summer that just keeps on going. It is unusual for this area. We have had our heat on before this date most years. However, it seems like a lot of the country is above normal as well. I am enjoying the sunshine and warmth because I heard on the news that the low for Sunday is going to be in the 30's. All good things come to an end. But, we love the beautiful leaves on the hills and hope to see more on the way down.

Take care.
Joyce
Wellll...golly geewiz, Joyce. My mom's family is from Shanksville. Many of the little towns around the area are family names. Lambertsville is my maternal grandfather's family. Stoyestown, Mostoller, etc.

Most of the family is gone now, but we come up to do genealogy research. They were there since the mid 1700s. I love the beach, but something in my soul still loves 'dem PA mountains.

We were just chatting with neighbors yesterday. Seems there was a rather large snow here a couple of years ago....three feet on Christmas Day! (We are south and east of WilkesBarre.) We were at the beach for the holiday that year. No snow there!! Soooooo, I may have a different 'love' for the mountains after this winter. LOL!

Old 10-08-2007, 12:40 PM

131 posts, read 454,570 times
Oh my, Rockky! Sure is a small world. I have good friends who lived in Lambertsville. They owned an original log cabin and while mostly keeping the original structure, they did add an addition. Having three boys made that a necessity. Their names are Jack and Kathy Blades. They live most of the year in North Carolina now but owned a beautiful, old " cabin" in the woods right near the Flight 93 Site. It had been owned by two sisters from NY who used it as a getaway. When they passed, their family sold it. I am not sure if it is still there or not. I have been to the Memorial site but can't figure out where the road was to the property. In the next few weeks, it will be so gorgeous to go for rides out there. This coming weekend is Fort Ligonier Days which is a highlight of the fall for me. Like you, my soul belongs here. It is important for Ron and me to have our own place, though. We just want to spend our " active years" in a wonderful place with like minds. When the time comes we may someday move back to the mountains but until then, it's the beach and a 55+ community for us!

Next time you come up this way, let us know. Did you ever eat at Turillos' Steak House in Jennerstown? Quite good!

Back to cleaning. Ugh. Tomorrow...the kitchen gets painted!

Joyce

Old 10-08-2007, 12:43 PM

16,199 posts, read 10,546,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
I really need to find time on the weekend to keep up with you guys!

elizamary... the visit with sis busted wide open Saturday, and she left in a huff. Just like my sis, which has been disappointing for 40+ years. But not a big surprise, as things needed to be said between she and I that have been long overdue. It was just a good thing is was just us, and didn't happen when the rest of the family are in at Thanksgiving.
Speaking of lunch (I must be getting hungry)... our group still on for Thursday 10/18??? Have we come up with where yet? I'll talk to LASH, as we may get together tomorrow.

Gotta run... I found a sewing machine on sale and I gotta go buy it before the ad runs out! Thank you Christopher Columbus!

Mary
Mary...........Sorry about your visit with sis. But at least it was no surprise

Yeah lunch is the 18th. See where you and Lash would like to go. I'm game for anywhere.

Good luck with your sewing machine!

Old 10-08-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoycieM View Post
Hi Eliza!

Joyce
Okay Joycie.........will do. I'm going to check and see If PA and lash would like to join us.

We did what you do when you come to DE. Looked all day on Sat at different communities.

Supposed to be cooler then. I dont' like the heat. Too hot for this time of the year. It has been 90 and the pool is closed

I love the fall when the weather is cool and crisp.

Keep in touch.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
It looks like we've decided to visit next from December 27 through December 30, assuming that our vet can take the cat. We're going to treat our adult daughter to a little time away as well and show her some of the things about Delaware that we like.

So if there is a chance of any "getting together" during that time, please count us in.

Thanks,
Charley

So far Charlie, Christmas week sounds good. That may change as we closer, not sure.
My oldest daughter in Maine may not be able to get away so we may ride up Christmas week. Just a possiblilty?

But if we are here, we would love to get together

Old 10-12-2007, 07:14 AM

Our vet will take the cat. My wife and I (and our daughter) have confirmed reservations for December 27 through 30th.

I'm pretty sure that I'll be heading to "Where Pigs Fly" on Friday evening, the 28th. In fact, I'm more than pretty sure. I can't wait ... lol.

I realize we're talking about ten weeks in advance, but if anyone's interested ...

Charley
who can taste the BBQ now!

Old 10-13-2007, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
Our vet will take the cat. My wife and I (and our daughter) have confirmed reservations for December 27 through 30th.

I'm pretty sure that I'll be heading to "Where Pigs Fly" on Friday evening, the 28th. In fact, I'm more than pretty sure. I can't wait ... lol.

I realize we're talking about ten weeks in advance, but if anyone's interested ...

Charley
who can taste the BBQ now!
Okay Charlie, will mark this on my calender.

Old 10-13-2007, 02:31 PM

Excellent. We'll chat more as we get closer to the actual date.

Charley
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or