U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 06:23 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,547,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoycieM View Post
Eliza,
While talking to Debby the other week she did mention that she had a resident who was willing to allow people to see her home since they didn't have a model of the Wisteria! I wondered, " Hmmm, could it be Eliza?" You seem to have a generous heart with all of your sharing you do on this site. Then I thought, " What are the odds?" And, here it is...true!

I called Debby today before I read your reply. Do you think it would be good to come to the office on Friday at 4:30 or so and we can see your house and then go out to dinner? Let me know as I have not heard back from Debby yet.

Getting anxious!!!!

Joyce and Ron

Hi joyce........It could be me or it could be some other person too. there are 2 of us that have Wisteria's and we share. It depends on the customers taste. Some she brings to Pat's and some to mine place.
Debbie doesn't like to come in my home because of the cats. I have 2 and she is deathly afraid of them.
So She ususally just ask me to show prospective residents through.
I don't mind sharing at all. I love to meet people and I have met great people on this forum.
That is a good idea for you to come at 4:30 then we will go to dinner. If for some reason this changes, then that is okay too.
The city data forum Secretary LOL..........will go ahead and make reservation at pigs for 6 o'clock. For ? of people. I will talk to mary today.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 01:52 PM

131 posts, read 454,579 times
Ok, Eliza! Will see you tomorrow at the office at 4:30. Thank you for the offer to show your home to us. I rasied two boys who sometimes brought home an assortment of new " pets" so cats are fine with me. Now, a snake might be a different story although we did have one living under the deck a few years ago.

I am not sure of the amount of people who will be coming. I am thinking for now there will be Ron and myself, you and Bill and Mary and her two boys. But, the more the merrier!

See you tomorrow!!!!!

Joyce and Ron

Old 10-18-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Ok, Eliza! Will see you tomorrow at the office at 4:30. Thank you for the offer to show your home to us. I rasied two boys who sometimes brought home an assortment of new " pets" so cats are fine with me. Now, a snake might be a different story although we did have one living under the deck a few years ago.

I am not sure of the amount of people who will be coming. I am thinking for now there will be Ron and myself, you and Bill and Mary and her two boys. But, the more the merrier!

See you tomorrow!!!!!

Joyce and Ron
don't worry.........No snakes here If there was, I would n't be here. Can't stand snakes.

See you at 4:30

Old 10-19-2007, 12:58 PM

199 posts, read 857,035 times
Eliza,
You and my wife would get along just fine. She can't stand snakes either. Can't even watch them on the Animal Planet channel. And here she is in AZ, home of the Diamondback rattle snake. Even the baseball team is called,the Diamondbacks. Jeez. Of course, she hasn't been out of the house in five years.(lol)

Old 10-20-2007, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeweeaz View Post
Eliza,
You and my wife would get along just fine. She can't stand snakes either. Can't even watch them on the Animal Planet channel. And here she is in AZ, home of the Diamondback rattle snake. Even the baseball team is called,the Diamondbacks. Jeez. Of course, she hasn't been out of the house in five years.(lol)

One way to get her out of the house is bring a snake in the house. LOL.

I can't stand to look at a snake on TV either. When we visited the zoo, I would wait outside the reptile house.
I'm sure snakes have a purpose but I dont' know what it is

Old 10-21-2007, 10:43 AM

131 posts, read 454,579 times
Hi everyone. Just wanted to post a "thank you" to Eliza and Bill for allowing us to visit their beautiful home. We had a great time at dinner and it was a highlight of our trip! We hope to be able to get together again the next time we come down your way. Also, it was so nice to meet Mary and the boys. This is a great forum with wonderful people typing away on their computers.
Thanks again!!!!

We had no luck at Dover Downs and did not stay very long. We know when we are beaten.

We toured some homes at Wild Meadows and while the community is great, the homes could not compare to the value at Southern Meadows.

We did meet a man who actually lived 10 minutes away from Ron in PA. It is a small world and the computer brings us closer together. They also mentioned Modern Maturity Center which seems to be a great place for meeting new friends as well.

Have a good one everyone!!!

Joyce and Ron

Old 10-21-2007, 11:00 AM

1,646 posts, read 4,461,514 times
Joyce, MMC is a wonderful place. We were down for the fund raiser dinner a few weeks ago.

I think yearly dues are $10.00....plus the amount for the fitness center if a person chooses to join.

They send out buses to pick up people who can not get to The Center. They provide a full lunch for a $2-$3, and social activities.

They also take meals to shut in folks, and they keep an eye on those who might otherwise be forgotten.

They are working on a medical center on site. There is discussion about providing living facilities in the future.

These folks deserve a big thumbs up for bring the total community together!

Old 10-21-2007, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Hi everyone. Just wanted to post a "thank you" to Eliza and Bill for allowing us to visit their beautiful home. We had a great time at dinner and it was a highlight of our trip! We hope to be able to get together again the next time we come down your way. Also, it was so nice to meet Mary and the boys. This is a great forum with wonderful people typing away on their computers.
Thanks again!!!!

We had no luck at Dover Downs and did not stay very long. We know when we are beaten.

We toured some homes at Wild Meadows and while the community is great, the homes could not compare to the value at Southern Meadows.

Have a good one everyone!!!
Joyce and Ron
Hi Joyce.........Glad you and ron made it home safe and sound. Sorry about Dover Downs but there is always next time

We really enjoyed meeting both of you and sharing a dinner. So far, the people I have met from city data are the best
We will do this again for sure

We did visit Wild Meadows a while back. Very nice community with very nice homes but just a tad too expensive for us.
We got almost the same thing in SM for less. Of Course, Our home is on the small side but it is fine for us.
Less to clean

Old 10-21-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Joyce, MMC is a wonderful place. We were down for the fund raiser dinner a few weeks ago.

I think yearly dues are $10.00....plus the amount for the fitness center if a person chooses to join.

They send out buses to pick up people who can not get to The Center. They provide a full lunch for a $2-$3, and social activities.

They also take meals to shut in folks, and they keep an eye on those who might otherwise be forgotten.

They are working on a medical center on site. There is discussion about providing living facilities in the future.

These folks deserve a big thumbs up for bring the total community together!

We did join MMC and have had one of their lunches for $2.50. booked a couple trips. Nov 30th we are going to NYC to see the Rockettes. Never done that so it should be fun.

I am interested in the pool at MMC and may join for a month or so during the winter.
I have to be sure I will be here a whole month or it is a waste of money.

We had a very nice time on the last trip but I felt like a baby. The people were so old.
Guess I had better get used to it cuz I'm almost there myself.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:32 PM

902 posts, read 3,213,685 times
I don't know why I forget to mention this, but I know of a great house "for sale by owner" inside the town limits of Wyoming. I know sometimes the "senior" communities don't work for everyone, as everyone has a different plan unique to them.

Anyone interested in further info, feel free to PM me. And no, we are NOT the owners. Our landlord is, so I can get all the info anyone wants.

Mary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or