Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 11:12 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,740 times

Advertisements

So for those who wish to discuss actually getting together at various points, we can use this as the home of the social calendar.

I know that since my wife teaches, we are not free until "Christmas Week" when the schools are closed. If we can arrange something that fits within that time frame, we'd love to be a part of it. If not, there's always "next time"

Charley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 12:19 PM

134 posts, read 495,369 times
Ok, Charley. It would be great and normally we would be available that week. I teach as well but am on sabbatical this year. Like I said, we are going to Phoenix. We will catch up with you guys the next time if possible. Ron works but has every other Friday off so we are available for a long weekend on those weeks. Take care...keep the ball rolling on this one. It's worth the efforts!

Joyce and Ron

Old 10-02-2007, 11:10 PM

903 posts, read 3,505,674 times
OK gang, those not with the group at lunch today (and you know who you are) were the topic of discussion during a good part of our meal. I love the idea of the social calendar, so I'll keep an eye on this thread.

With school age kids and hubby out of town working a good bit, I for one tend to be more free during the week during the day. And with family within driving distance, we may take advantage of 3 day weekends once in a while to travel as well. So for those only working with weekends, I may miss you. For those planning a longer visit, I'd probably be available on a weekday... can we say lunch or coffee somewhere?

Anyway, I vote for elizamary to be the social planner, as she has been excellent so far with our small but growing lunch group. I've had a blast with the group so far, and look forward to our next get together.

Mary

Old 10-03-2007, 02:52 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
OK gang, those not with the group at lunch today (and you know who you are) were the topic of discussion during a good part of our meal.
Uh oh!

Charley

Old 10-03-2007, 07:16 AM

957 posts, read 3,699,743 times
Is anyone going to the Apple Scrapple festival in Bridgeville next week? I'll be there as a vendor. I print photos on T-shirts, mugs, aprons, mouse pads.....and about 40 other items. Stop by and say hello. I'll also be set up at Ocean City Harley Davidson this weekend for the Summer Hot Rod Cruise. Actually setting up this afternoon.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:26 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
So for those who wish to discuss actually getting together at various points, we can use this as the home of the social calendar.

I
Charley

Charley...........this was a great Idea

Old 10-03-2007, 07:30 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,827 times
Quote:
OK gang, those not with the group at lunch today (and you know who you are) were the topic of discussion during a good part of our meal. I love the idea of the social calendar, so I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Anyway, I vote for elizamary to be the social planner, as she has been excellent so far with our small but growing lunch group. I've had a blast with the group so far, and look forward to our next get together.

Mary
We had fun didn't we Mary. Thanks for compliment but I couldn't of done it without you guys

I'm looking forward to the next one too. Two weeks huh?

Old 10-03-2007, 11:32 AM

699 posts, read 2,895,269 times
Count me in. Two weeks sounds like a plan. Elizamary, you are a terrific social director. Look forward to our next outing, the more the merrier I always say!

Old 10-03-2007, 03:06 PM

903 posts, read 3,505,674 times
Two weeks sounds good to me... same time also works. Tuesday OK? Hope so, as I have an IEP meeting at school Wed. morning that may run into lunch time.

Elizamary or from PA.... have either of you eaten in Dover yet? Out of consideration for Lash, I think we need to look up her way for next time. I posted elsewhere an inquiry about the Hollywood Diner on 13... I'll see about replies in a minute. I'm sure Lash will chime in soon as well.

Rossc... I don't plan on going to the Apple Scrapple festival, or to Ocean City this weekend. Although they both sound fun... we have a truck convoy to attend and some educational thing at Lewes on Sunday. However, I did see a vendor at Spence's (I believe) with the same type of operation as you... wasn't you was it? I may be wrong about Spence's Bazaar.... Lash was with me that day (last Tuesday, I think). Darn, my memory is shot!

Mary

Old 10-03-2007, 07:35 PM

43 posts, read 53,650 times
Talking like food -- will travel

Quote:
Elizamary or from PA.... have either of you eaten in Dover yet? Out of consideration for Lash, I think we need to look up her way for next time. I posted elsewhere an inquiry about the Hollywood Diner on 13... I'll see about replies in a minute. I'm sure Lash will chime in soon as well.
Thanks for considering me in the location of food choices for the next get-together...y'all know I'm not picky about food...I'll travel many miles for food (as long as I have my map)! So, I don't mind branching outside Dover.

LA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware