U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 02:01 PM

26 posts, read 35,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
I know others have posted recently about a new strip shopping center under construction in Camden (right next to the Wal-mart). I drove by and noted the tenants so far:

Game Stop; Movie Stop; Domino's Pizza; Super Cuts; Check & Go; Sally's Beauty Suppy; GNC; Dollar Tree; Mail Zone; and Sleepy's as apparently a free standing building. So far, no sign of a specialty book store and/or coffee.

Mary
there is also going to be a chick fil a
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2007, 03:20 PM

199 posts, read 856,282 times
Eliza and Charley,

Thanks for the welcome sign! We'll be in town on the 28th, but can't guarantee we can make it to the PIGS. However, if the opportunty presents itself, we'll be there.!

Old 10-13-2007, 04:01 PM

199 posts, read 856,282 times
Eliza,
Well, Mrs. Costner, I hope for all of your sakes a Barnes and Noble will soon be a store coming to your area.

Last edited by christina0001; 01-04-2008 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: off topic/referenced posts deleted

Old 10-15-2007, 08:55 AM

113 posts, read 435,773 times
Do you think it would be entirely wrong to request that an airport be added? We don't like the trip to Philly, so tend to fly out of BWI, but that's over 2 hours away, and when you add getting there early.....welllllllll.

Lori

Last edited by christina0001; 01-04-2008 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: off topic/referenced posts deleted

Old 10-15-2007, 03:41 PM

125 posts, read 428,318 times
Hey everyone in the Camden area... be nice to the contractors working on your new shopping center. One of them is my son! He's the cute one

Old 10-15-2007, 03:44 PM

43 posts, read 40,766 times
Can you get him to build us a bookstore???!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikandmari View Post
Hey everyone in the Camden area... be nice to the contractors working on your new shopping center. One of them is my son! He's the cute one

Old 10-16-2007, 09:26 AM

902 posts, read 3,210,830 times
I think I recall seeing something about Chick-fil-a.... woo! hoo! My boys, being the fast food kings that they are, will like that! And its not bad chicken either... I understand they make a great chicken soup!

Sounds like LASH (and others) are still begging for a bookstore... me too! Will keep my eyes on this topic as well. Most bookstores come with a great coffee shop, and I must admit caffiene is my worst addiction. I totally love trying the various flavors, ummm! BTW - LASH... have you ever heard of a Cafe Joe's "chain"? As I understand it, they are only on college campuses (sp?). I got a great coffee at UNCG way back when during freshman orientation for my son. Oh man, now I may have to go to Dunkin' Donuts and get another coffee (like I really need it!)... the Pumpkin Spice Latte is really awesome for those that love pumpkin pie.

Man, do I get sidetracked! To the parents of the contractor (Mike..?), I'll look out for the "cutie" on my way to get my coffee! Since hubby works out of town, its fun to look for the next model for the Coke commercials.... hey ladies, anyone remember those??? Maybe it was Diet Coke, I can't remember.

Anyone that posted about Carraba's.... definitely a great restaurant! If anyone posts the link (as I'm STILL having computer trouble... gonna shoot the darn thing soon), I'll be on the e-mail list to them. I think its a franchise operation, but the ones in the Carolina's were really good (not to mention, one in the Charlotte area helped support the drum corps too).

Mary

Last edited by christina0001; 01-04-2008 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: widowed/referenced posts deleted

Old 10-20-2007, 01:31 PM

20 posts, read 32,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieF View Post
... but what I'd like is an Eddie Bauer store. We're always ordering from their catalog for my very tall, large husband. In said catalog, I see that no store is listed in Delaware, yet all but one or two other states, including Alaska, have them.

Lori
There is an Eddie Bauer Outlet store in Rehoboth in the largest of the 3 Tanger outlets. I was shopping there last summer. The sales help was very nice and signed me up for their frequent buyers club!

Old 10-20-2007, 06:55 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,456,679 times
North Dover Update!!!

This was in today's News Journal:

New shopping center coming to Dover
Around Delaware
Posted Saturday, October 20, 2007
DOVER -- A Maryland-based commercial development firm Friday announced plans for a 217,380-square-foot shopping center on U.S. 13 near Leipsic Road. Groundbreaking on the center is expected to begin early next year and be completed in 2009.

Leases currently are being negotiated with a number of anchor stores including Dick's Sporting Goods, Bed Bath & Beyond, Ross Dress for Less and Petco, according to Larry Lichtenauer, of Vanguard Commercial Property Development.

The Christmas Tree Shops, Famous Footwear and Chick Fil-A already have signed leases for the center, to be called Dover Crossroads, Lichtenauer said. KLNB Retail has been selected as the exclusive leasing representative for the 25-acre project.

The center is expected to contain 15 to 18 tenants upon opening.

Vanguard Commercial Property Development is a subsidiary of Baltimore-based Vanguard Equities. The firm has completed projects in Delaware, Maryland and Virginia for a variety of local and national tenants and clients

Old 10-21-2007, 02:35 PM

113 posts, read 435,773 times
mns35,

I suppose they don't list the Eddie Bauer outlet in Rehoboth in the catalog because of its size. That's my guess anyway. If it's still the same as it was when I was there c. 5 years ago, it was small and selection was limited. I couldn't, for example, find any of the tall sizes my husband needs.

Let's hope the powers-that-be at Eddie Bauer decide that Delaware needs a store large enough to list in their catalog!

Lori
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or