Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 11:12 AM

4,726 posts, read 11,973,551 times

Advertisements

I think you'll find that "quick" is an adjective and "quickly" is an adverb. The latter would seem the suitable form to to modify "make their point".

Word to the wise: Haste makes waste.

How is "your" an abbreviated form of "you're"? Clarity and literacy are important elements in the effective use of rhetoric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 01:28 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,425,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
But they have a stable and booming downtown hundreds of private projects....its all about the Downtown and a few neighborhoods....you don't need to have a completely safe city , only 70%...
I'm sure that's reassuring for the people who live in the remaining 30%.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:30 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,425,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
May I ask an unrelated question? Is the use of "your" as an alternative to the contraction "you're" ("you are") now generally accepted blogspeak? Oddly, I don't even think of the second person possessive pronoun and the contraction for "you are" as being pronounced in an identical way.
To "yours" add:

To effect
Hipocracy
Facism
Cematary

Old 09-29-2012, 02:40 PM

10 posts, read 22,190 times
Geez, I've always heard Detroit was the most dangerous city in America! No, I guess it's Wilmington.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:03 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,973,551 times
As usual, it would be important to distinguish between the tiny area enclosed by the city limits of the City of Wilmington on the one hand, and the far larger residential and commercial areas immediately bordering the incorporated City, contiguous with it, and far surpassing it in geographical area and population.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:46 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,398,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY021360 View Post
Geez, I've always heard Detroit was the most dangerous city in America! No, I guess it's Wilmington.
it is by actual numbers but if you were to go to detroit you would probably think Detroit is more crazier.

for example , Wilmington doesn't have headlines of 32 people being killed in a matter of 15 days.

also detroit is pretty stable in being violent.

like i said previously, any small drop in murders in Wilmington can change the stats largely.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:31 AM

148 posts, read 276,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
it is by actual numbers but if you were to go to detroit you would probably think Detroit is more crazier.

for example , Wilmington doesn't have headlines of 32 people being killed in a matter of 15 days.

also detroit is pretty stable in being violent.

like i said previously, any small drop in murders in Wilmington can change the stats largely.
This is based on hundreds of shootings, assaults, and robberies in a very small geographical area.

Everything is relative. This article is incorrect, anyway. Wilmington is really number 8. It's all on Wikipedia which relays the FBI stats.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:18 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,840,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
I'm sure that's reassuring for the people who live in the remaining 30%.
Its life , its how every city in the Northeast is headed towards you can't make the entire city safe.... Overseas its 70% is safe or quiet and the remaining 30% is crime filled or poor..

Old 09-30-2012, 07:58 PM

711 posts, read 1,497,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Its life , its how every city in the Northeast is headed towards you can't make the entire city safe.... Overseas its 70% is safe or quiet and the remaining 30% is crime filled or poor..
Wilmington has a way higher violent crime and murder rate than any city in Europe.

The last thing we wan't to do in DE is be comparing Wilmington to the 3rd world.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:17 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,336,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
I think you'll find that "quick" is an adjective and "quickly" is an adverb. The latter would seem the suitable form to to modify "make their point".

Word to the wise: Haste makes waste.

How is "your" an abbreviated form of "you're"? Clarity and literacy are important elements in the effective use of rhetoric.
You really need to find better use of your time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware