U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 04:38 PM

26,160 posts, read 15,290,242 times

Advertisements

Yes if its this bad now,THINK HOW BAD IT WILL BE WHEN ITS RIGHT THERE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 05:36 PM

7,325 posts, read 10,754,669 times
Tomorrow will be a big one! High tides, tomorrow morning and evening, were in the books, even before Sandy was given a thought.
High tides expected on Monday - CapeGazette.com - Covering Delaware's Cape Region - Inland Bays, Atlantic Ocean, Rehoboth Beach, Lewes, Milton, Dewey Beach, USA

Indian River Inlet Bridge between Dewey Beach and Bethany Beach is closed.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:40 PM

19,922 posts, read 9,974,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Tomorrow will be a big one! High tides, tomorrow morning and evening, were expected before Sandy was given a thought.
High tides expected on Monday - CapeGazette.com - Covering Delaware's Cape Region - Inland Bays, Atlantic Ocean, Rehoboth Beach, Lewes, Milton, Dewey Beach, USA

Mr. Rogers "It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood".mp4 - YouTube

... and we'll all get through it! Hang in there, everyone.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:04 PM

3,647 posts, read 4,745,751 times
Stay safe from Antiques in Tennessee.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:56 PM

9 posts, read 30,050 times
I have been thinking of Dewey all day and I hope it will stand strong in the face of Sandy.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:41 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,765,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Yeah I know, you guys and your damn noreasters down here, those are rough storms. My in laws lost their house to noreasters in '98, back to back storms.

Anyway The Weather channel has a woman in Rehoboth Beach and she just hammered the boardwalk and the state for what she see's as a lack of preparation. Her comments being, "doesn't anyone here realize this storm is much, much worse than Irene, and has the potential of bringing winds up to 80 mph for 2-3 days, but nothing's even boarded up yet". I hope all of our beach towns are ready for this storm.
Rehoboth is not dumb. They waited until after the Sea Witch Festival to declare and start boarding up. Businesses would have lost big bucks if they didn't wait.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:38 PM

26,160 posts, read 15,290,242 times
Here is a live cam from Long island

http://www.camstreams.com/asx.asp?user=sychuricam

Right now it doesnt appear to be raining..... Dont know how long that will be the case though!

Old 10-29-2012, 03:04 AM

70 posts, read 116,734 times
Good luck and stay safe Delaware. Here on LI we're gearing up for a bumpy ride too. I'm stocked up and ready to rock but I'm on call . Hubby just left for work (the NYC courts are still open for arraignments) and he says the Cross Island is a ghost town.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:22 AM

4,726 posts, read 10,294,023 times
So the Governor issued a statewide Level 2 Driving Restriction from 5:00 a.m. Monday. This is earlier than I would have expected. Here in northern New Castle County as I write this there is no wind and just a moderately heavy, steady rain. So now almost all driving is banned in all three counties; in the case of New Castle Co. certainly hours before I would have expected it. At least the Jackson Inn is walkable for us, in the event we get serious cabin fever. Since Fred lives on the property, he never closes due to weather. And no, in our particular 'hood there is no danger of getting washed away. It will be safe until the winds start up.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:33 AM

3,466 posts, read 3,137,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
So the Governor issued a statewide Level 2 Driving Restriction from 5:00 a.m. Monday. This is earlier than I would have expected. Here in northern New Castle County as I write this there is no wind and just a moderately heavy, steady rain. So now almost all driving is banned in all three counties; in the case of New Castle Co. certainly hours before I would have expected it. At least the Jackson Inn is walkable for us, in the event we get serious cabin fever. Since Fred lives on the property, he never closes due to weather. And no, in our particular 'hood there is no danger of getting washed away. It will be safe until the winds start up.
We had really bad winds around 6 am, right know its on and off. The rain has been steady since yesterday around 8 pm. My highest gust so far has been 47 knots at 5:46am. The last radar I saw has it making landfall in New Jersey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware