Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 03:52 PM

84 posts, read 118,514 times

Advertisements

rdlr,
There is no tax money in Delaware for anyone to attach to !!...... You will probably find either working class people , or retirees .... Politicians actually have to do a good job if they want to be voted in again !!....... In NY there is too much money in taxes for the government to play with , and the politicians cater to the special interest groups , especially those groups who "block vote" for them year after year !! ... Actually these same groups are the ONLY groups of people that can still afford to build new houses of worship, and homes in NY , yet the majority of them are on Welfare !!.......It's a known fact ....Stop welfare in NY State and watch a MASS EXODUS !!......." and the beat goes on ...and the beat goes on "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 05:12 AM

407 posts, read 961,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synthnut View Post
rdlr,
As I'm sure happened to you , LIFE happened to many of us here in NY .....You become a product of your environment ...We work here , and we raise a family here .....The problem that we face here in NY is the fact that many of us, once we retire , can NOT afford to lve where we have paid taxes all our lives and raised our children ....Our children are now here , with our grandshildren, and it's tough to leave that behind , so we bite the bullet and pay our last dime to the government for the right to live here with no benefit to us other than to be close to our families ....

.. As part of the middle class , the working class pays for all the programs that NY has ...Last I heard , there are over 100 "hand out " programs that our tax money supports ....The next closest state with "hand out " programs is California and they have about 50 such programs...These are just a few of the reasons why NY and California are BROKE even with the sky high taxes !!... .......Many welfare clients , and religious organizations, and many other groups that can get in on the free ride here in NY , come here in droves to get in on the "hand out " programs .... Enough is enough !!!.....Jim

BTW ...I am truely happy for you that you have had a good life in DE , and happy that you have had the opportunity to raise your family , and remain where you are without the threat of having to move due to an extremely FAT government ....Be thankful every day that you are truely blessed .....Sincerely, Jim

Well said, as a Long Islander (grew up in NYC) I truly agree and fully understand. It's tough leaving family, but the taxes make it impossible for me to stay. The semi good news is we have a son living in DC...so we will be less than 2 hours away from him...and 2-3 hours to family in NY depending. We plan on moving by this coming summer, my daughter will be graduating HS and we will have everything else sorted out by then hopefully (Some legal issues regarding a disabled child, which are near completion). I am also just starting a job that I'm hoping will be transferable to DE as it is mostly online and involves home inspections for a Nationwide company.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:52 AM

9,693 posts, read 14,175,332 times
I hope all goes well, and newcomers make the transition to Delaware with ease. Families and friends are easily accessible on the East Coast, thanks to I-95 N & S, SR 1 DE, and the Washington Corridor. I'll have to hand it to y'all for hanging in there so many years and paying those taxes. We would not have had a choice, and would have had to borrow money every year to pay real estate taxes. It would be a huge sink-hole for us. We really appreciate our yearly $289.53 Kent County tax bill, and all Delaware has to offer. That's exactly why we Give Back to our State, as often as we can, and in whatever way we can. Our friends and family are like us, and are 100% Rah-Rah Delaware!

Old 11-19-2012, 04:22 PM

84 posts, read 118,514 times
jtees4,
As the father of a brain injured son ( auto accident in 1988) who is dual diagnosed , I feel for you ......It's a longer road than people think when you are dealing with a child with a disability .... For the longest time , this dictated as to where the family lived also for services that my son needed at the time ....He still has his disabilities, but I have worked tirelessly with him for years and he is now doing better than any of the doctors said that he would .. If you want more for your child , you really have to think out of the box ....If you sucumb to going only as far as the doctors say you will go with your child , you are fighting a loosing battle .... There is so much more that the human mind is capable of doing ....

rdlr,
It's nice to know that there are locals such as yourself that welcome newcomers into your state .....We NY'ers can get pretty loud at times only because we have had to over the years for SO many different reasons !!.... It will be nice to finally live somewhere that you are allowed to live and let live with your gaurd down for change .... I look forward to the change !!.....Thanks, Jim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: