U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 10:21 AM

6 posts, read 17,218 times

Advertisements

I have been told that it is customary for the buyer to pay the entire 3% transfer fee for new construction in Heritage Shores and vicinity. All info that I have read indicates that Sussex county is a 50/50 for buyer and seller. Are they trying to rip me off if I buy or is this typical?

Thanks,

Jack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 07:02 AM

135 posts, read 265,629 times
I found this on an earlier posting - it does address the Delaware Transfer Tax:

Real Estate Tax, which is based on the assessed value of real property (real estate) is a different animal than Delaware Transfer Tax. The DTT - 1 1/2 % paid by seller, and 1 1/2% paid by buyer is in regard to the transfer of real property from one party to another, at the settlement table, not real estate taxes one pays on their property for every assessed $100. I work with assessments on a daily basis. Here's a site which may help clarify this issue. Community Info. -- TAXES (http://www.cdedc.org/community_info/taxes.html - broken link)

Old 02-04-2010, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 3,960 times
Default de transfer taxes

When buying a new home in DE, it is normal for the buyer to pay all 3% of the closing costs. Sometimes the builder will offer a special where they pay some closing costs, but that is not the norm. In nearly every way Delaware has low taxes, but not so for transfer taxes.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Carter View Post
I have a news cliiping dated 12/12/07 from Bridgeville, DE that says Brookfield Homes accquired Lennar's interest in Passwaters, LLC, developers of Heritage Shores. Coomunity Management Corp will manage the community, itself
Yes, that is true that Lennar is no longer in Heritage Shores. Now Ryan Homes is in there with Brookfield and I understand that they are selling very well. Was there recently visiting a friend and was surprised by all the homes going up.

Also, it sounds like there are some mis-construed ideas about the type of people that live at Heritage Shores. I live nearby and have met many people. They all seem very friendly and social and love their community. From what I can tell only about half or fewer are golfers, the others just enjoy the beautiful views of the ponds and golf course. It's quite charming.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:06 AM

7,314 posts, read 10,732,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyfromDE View Post
Also, it sounds like there are some mis-construed ideas about the type of people that live at Heritage Shores. I live nearby and have met many people. They all seem very friendly and social and love their community. From what I can tell only about half or fewer are golfers, the others just enjoy the beautiful views of the ponds and golf course. It's quite charming.
I agree with you, ladyfromDE. I'm in Delaware, also, and have visited Heritage Shores many times. It is a very nice and charming community, in my opinion. I've not heard anything derogatory about Heritage Shores from people living in there, or from people in our area.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:59 PM

20,813 posts, read 38,998,701 times
I have to disagree with an earlier comment that homes in Heritage Shores are priced for NYC CEO crowd, just no way that homes starting at $175k are for the CEO crowd. Here's a current listing.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:16 PM

1,789 posts, read 3,813,744 times
I realize that most of these posts are from years back, but for anyone still looking we moved to Nobles Pond in 2015 and would be glad to speak with anyone visiting here. Or you can PM me questions.

Also Nobles Pond is not land lease anymore. They are fee simple now. All new areas in NP are now part of Cheswold, so you will be charged taxes from them as well as the county (although they are supposedly abated for a few years). Those of us already here (and anyone buying a resale house before the change) are still Kent County only.

One last point.......should anyone tell you that seniors over 65 get an up to $500 break on property taxes after 3 years of residency the law has been changed. Delaware legislature changed the law and if you move/moved to Delaware after January 1st, 2018 you will have to wait 10 years and the max amount to get back is now up to $400 rather than $500. This applies to anywhere in Delaware.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:35 AM

188 posts, read 115,347 times
Yea, and they upped the transfer tax to 4%.

Old 07-27-2018, 05:14 PM

20,813 posts, read 38,998,701 times
Does anyone know which model of home this is? Would like to see the floor plan for it.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-28-2018, 06:44 AM

7,742 posts, read 10,415,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Does anyone know which model of home this is? Would like to see the floor plan for it.
Why not go the other way and look at the floor plans in the community and see if any meet your liking. Just recall that elevations on those homes can make a very big difference in how a home presents from the outside. Often there are three or 4 elevations to choose from.
https://homes.heritageshores.com/builders/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware