Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 07:58 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,631,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeweeaz View Post
Charley,
You know what they say, "Would you rather be a king among the dogs or a dog among the kings?"
Peeweeaz...........Just to say hi and I would rather be a queen among dog myself

Hope all is well with you and the wife
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 08:14 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,008,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
I remember 2 years ago when we visited Wild Meadows, they told us they were about to build another community which was Nobles pond. Now aren't they two story homes? Just curious cuz I have never visited.
It depends upon the model. Some are two story, some are one story. There are two models that my wife and I both really like, and they are each one story.

Charley

Old 10-15-2007, 05:43 AM

12 posts, read 51,736 times
Charley,

We also like Nobles Pond very much. I think you will be presently surprised at the clubhouse if you have not seen it yet. They are still working on it but it is absolutely beautiful. We are also on their mailing list and look forward to hearing from them. My husband recently retired, I'm still working but hope to make a move in a few years. We also looked at Champion Club but were not at all impressed after visiting Nobles Pond. No land lease at Champion Club, you own the land which I see is always a topic of discussion on these boards. We live in NJ and plan to make trips to Del. now and then.

We only had one afternoon in Delaware this past week, we needed more time. Made a wrong turn trying to find Southern Meadows and ended up in a small trailer park. By that time is was getting dark, will have to see that on our next trip.

Thanks for responding!

Judy

Old 10-15-2007, 06:18 AM

Hi Judy,

I'll be seeing the clubhouse at the end of December. If it's like the one they built for Wild Meadows, it will be terrific.

It looks like we are operating on similar time frames. I'm already retired and my wife will be within the next few years.

While I'm not 100% sold on the idea of land lease, I'm not fearful of it either. I know that I'll get much more house for the money on a land lease arrangement and I can't imagine that Noble's Pond (who will be the "landlord") would sell the property if they are generating rental income from 800 homeowners. I think that as long as the terms are appropriate, land lease will not be a major issue for me.

Good luck with your continued research and always feel free to choose the right topic within this forum and let us know what you've found ... or ask us what we think. We're very lucky to have some truly knowledgeable folks here and there's lots of help available.

Charley

Old 10-15-2007, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
Hi Judy,
While I'm not 100% sold on the idea of land lease, I'm not fearful of it either. I know that I'll get much more house for the money on a land lease arrangement and I can't imagine that Noble's Pond (who will be the "landlord") would sell the property ifask us what we think. We're very lucky to have some truly knowledgeable folks here and there's lots of help available.
Charley
Not everyone is sold on the idea of land lease. Got to weigh everything out and think of what is right for your particular situation.
I must admit, I also have a doubt every now and again. But then I go back to my comparison and realize why we took this.
First we don't pay much in the way of real estate taxes because we don't own the land. Which we save a bundle right there.
Second, we have use of the clubhouse, pool and gym. some communities charge extra believe it or not.
I think Heritage Shores has extra fees. I know you pay extra for the golf course.
So
If we were to pay for a gym membership, it would cost a lot more.

Third, they cut your grass which not all communities do this for you. Some you have to cut your own grass.

The total cost of land lease comes out a little more than if we owned the land.
When you own the land, your mortgage payment goes up. We didn't want that.
One of my neighbors brought that up and said the money is better in the bank than in the house.
So we found an adorable house with a 2 car garage and all the extras at that time at a great price.
I'm not sorry we did this and believe we end up where we are supposed to end up.
Keep doing your research to decide what is right for you. By the time you and anyone else that is looking to buy is ready, you will be ready and know you did the right thing.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:45 PM

2 posts, read 9,792 times
Can anyone provide me with an update as to what 55+ condo developers are still viable in Bridgeville, DE. I understand Lennar is out of Heritage Shores? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 01-11-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Carter View Post
Can anyone provide me with an update as to what 55+ condo developers are still viable in Bridgeville, DE. I understand Lennar is out of Heritage Shores? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
I know that Lennar and another builder were collaborating on this project consisting of 1800 homes, a golf course, clubhouse, restaurant and more. I did not know that Lennar dropped out. It's an interesting development. (Pardon the pun.) Can you tell where you heard this?

Thanks.
Charley

Old 01-15-2008, 07:35 AM

23 posts, read 324,685 times
I am from Long Island and we have great interest in the Independence 55 Plus community going up outside Rehoboth Beach.
Does anyone have any info on it or the area it is being built in?

Old 01-15-2008, 08:57 AM

Independence is a new real estate community with new homes and ...Independence is one of the premier Delaware retirement communities, located near the resort towns of Rehoboth Beach and Lewes, DE.
Independence - Similar pages

Independence adult retirement community: News and EventsThe Community of Independence, the Premier 55+ Active Adult Community of Coastal Delaware, Breaks Ground on their 24000+ Square Foot Community Center ...
Independence adult retirement community: News and Events - Similar pages

Old 01-15-2008, 09:19 AM

2 posts, read 9,792 times
I have a news cliiping dated 12/12/07 from Bridgeville, DE that says Brookfield Homes accquired Lennar's interest in Passwaters, LLC, developers of Heritage Shores. Coomunity Management Corp will manage the community, itself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware