Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 06:44 PM

46 posts, read 110,435 times

Advertisements

We live in Spring Arbor, a plus 55 community in Middletown. We have about 150 families with a total of 310 planned. Middletown is a fast-growing community of 19,000 located about half a hour from the bridge to NJ using route 1. Newark is 20 minutes away and Wilmington is 25 minutes. We are less than five miles from the MD border.

Health care here has never been terrifiic even though there are clinics and plenty of doctors and dentists in Middletown. However, that is about to change. Christiana Care is planning to open their new 36,500 sq ft emergency center which will include 18 treatment bays and a 6,000 sq ft New Castle County Paramedic Station in the spring of 2013.

In addition, Westside Family Healthcare opened its doors on the east side of town on Route 299 and expects to treat 3,500 patients and handle 10,000 office visits after its first two years of operations.

While we will not have a fully functioning hospital, we will have critical care facilities which will save many lives which would otherwise be lost driving to a hospital located some distance away. I don't mind driving somewhere for a minor health issue but I do want nearby care if I have a heart attack.

We love it at Spring Arbor; we have great residents and everyone is very friendly. We also like living in Middletown. Seems like there's something new going up more often than we originally expected. We also have some great farm stands, an Amish country store, the mandatory Walmart, and a slew of fast food restaurants. My one complaint: we don't have enough high quality restaurants. We have to drive 30 minutes for those.

For more information, contact me at drnorman123@gmail.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware