U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 07:47 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,551,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
My stories are based on "resume" type things, like doing a GE commercial, working for Bill and Hillary Clinton for about an hour, supervising parts of the New York City Marathon, ending up as one of seven people at a party that was supposed to be for 300 (The seven were a congressman and his wife, the caterer, two volunteers, me and Jimmy Carter), discovering an unused old schoolhouse - buying it from the governor for $1 - and helping to turn it into a middle school, and other "unique" events. Maybe life IS like a box of chocolates ... lol.

To me, these were exciting things. To most other people, they'd be yawning and saying "Oh my ... look at the time. I didn't realize it was so late"

Charley
You worked for Bill and HIll? I gotta hear your stories cool guy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 08:23 AM

19,922 posts, read 9,978,212 times
I'll save them for the lunch / dinner / whatever we choose in December. They won't go anywhere.

Charley

Old 10-27-2007, 09:34 PM

902 posts, read 3,214,798 times
Cool Charley... I hope I/we are available when you and the bride are in... I'd love to hear some of your stories!

A lot of mine are like that too... but I'm the sort of person that is impressed by wierd things. I probably posted elsewhere, but most of my "employed" adult life, I was/am an insurance agent. Some of my odd encounters have been... "we" insured the USS Sequoia (sp?) when it was privately owned, got to go have lunch onboard and ate on real "presidential" china; I was mistaken in Manhattan once for Sally Field (but that was back when Sally and I had fewer wrinkles... I still have mine, she doesn't ... go figure!)

You're right Charley... life experiences are great! One just has to look at them in the right light!

Mary

Old 10-27-2007, 09:37 PM

elizamary... you probably have a few of your own stories. I know who YOU used to work for! But I know, you are sworn to secrecy with information you must take to the grave! Darn, you can't tell us any fun stuff!

Mary

Old 10-28-2007, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
elizamary... you probably have a few of your own stories. I know who YOU used to work for! But I know, you are sworn to secrecy with information you must take to the grave! Darn, you can't tell us any fun stuff!

Mary
I know and I wish I could. But it is a matter of principal and I guess I was just brought up the old fashion way.
Darn, I'm no fun

I can see the Sally Field resemblance and now know why you think everyone looks like her.
You see her every time you look in the mirror so she is the first one to come to mind.
Wrinkles.....sminkles.......what the heck are they

Also, with her money, she can afford to look great. We little pions have the do it yourself kit.
Sally had a good 20 some years on you Mary. BTW........I dont' see any sminkles when look at you. you have a cute little youthful face. you remind me of a friend of mine. She has the kind of face where she'll always look young.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
I'll save them for the lunch / dinner / whatever we choose in December. They won't go anywhere.

Charley
Looking foward to the stories and food!!

Old 10-29-2007, 01:05 AM

Thanks elizamary... I just told that same story to my boys at lunch today. And yeah, I know Sally has a few years on me... I think I'll ask Dr. Tonwe about "her" recommendation for Boniva (has anyone seen those commercials?)! Wow, even SALLY has to be worried about osteoporosis!

Speaking of Dr. T, wish me luck... the boys and I go see him at 5 pm Monday. I'll let you know at lunch what I think. Good thing we're looking for Chinese AFTER my appt... I'm sure Chinese food is NOT on my 'recommeded food" list! At least not what I like to eat.

Mary

Old 10-29-2007, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Thanks elizamary... I just told that same story to my boys at lunch today. And yeah, I know Sally has a few years on me... I think I'll ask Dr. Tonwe about "her" recommendation for Boniva (has anyone seen those commercials?)! Wow, even SALLY has to be worried about osteoporosis!

Speaking of Dr. T, wish me luck... the boys and I go see him at 5 pm Monday. I'll let you know at lunch what I think. Good thing we're looking for Chinese AFTER my appt... I'm sure Chinese food is NOT on my 'recommeded food" list! At least not what I like to eat.

Mary
Hi mary,
Don't be surprised if you get Zen Pen instead of Dr. T. I requested Dr T and got Zen Pen?? Go figure.
She is very nice and very thorough and I did like her. So far I have had good experiences with them. I can only share my experience. Hope it all works out for you and good luck!!!

Old 10-29-2007, 09:03 PM

elizamary,

As I understand it, Zen works the a.m. appts., Dr T works afternoons and evenings. The dr. runs Family Health of Delaware as well as a walk in clinic.... one operation on either side of the reception area. Dr Alie was part of the practice, but as you know she went elsewhere.

The boys and I saw Dr T this afternoon (appt was scheduled for 5 pm, we didn't actually go in until close to 6 pm). He seemed pretty good, but did appear a bit rushed and frazzled. May be because he is alone in the practice (as a physician), may be because of the odd hours he keeps. He was very thorough and very patient with my 1,001 questions as a 3 new patients wrapped up in one appt.

I did get Zen my first visit, and she was very good about gathering all my history, ordering labs, etc. I like her too, and don't have a problem going to her most of the time. Dr T is a phone consult away, and she doesn't seem to mind doing that if she is unsure of anything.

My blood work was pretty good, except the cholesterol which I need to work on. Plus I need to increase the Omega 3 to 4000 mg daily... I should be growing gills by Thanksgiving! Have we settled on Thursday for lunch with the motley crew?

Mary

Old 10-30-2007, 07:09 AM

Quote:
elizamary,

As I understand it, Zen works the a.m. appts., Dr T works afternoons and evenings. The dr. runs Family Health of Delaware as well as a walk in clinic.... one operation on either side of the reception area. Dr Alie was part of the practice, but as you know she went elsewhere.

The boys and I saw Dr T this afternoon (appt was scheduled for 5 pm, we didn't actually go in until close to 6 pm). He seemed pretty good, but did appear a bit rushed and frazzled. May be because he is alone in the practice (as a physician), may be because of the odd hours he keeps. He was very thorough and very patient with my 1,001 questions as a 3 new patients wrapped up in one appt.

I did get Zen my first visit, and she was very good about gathering all my history, ordering labs, etc. I like her too, and don't have a problem going to her most of the time. Dr T is a phone consult away, and she doesn't seem to mind doing that if she is unsure of anything.

My blood work was pretty good, except the cholesterol which I need to work on. Plus I need to increase the Omega 3 to 4000 mg daily... I should be growing gills by Thanksgiving! Have we settled on Thursday for lunch with the motley crew?

Mary
Fish for thanksgiving Mary

I have not had the pleasure of meeting Dr T. Just yesterday I talked to my nieghbor, the one that recommended this group. She was furious. Her hub just got out of a rehab 2 weeks ago and they had an appointment with Dr T last week. She said the girl behing the desk was a nasty "B" and they kept them waiting for 3 hours while everyone else was being taken.
This man is weak and his wife weary. When she asked how long it would be, the woman behind the desk was nasty.
Apparently Dr T didn't show.
I have a feeling he/she is good for doing that.
I dont' pay too much attention to something like this hearing for the first time.
but
this is the second time I heard this same story. One of my other neighbors went on my recommendation and she had the same thing happen. She didnt' wait around and found another doctor she is happy with.

When we first went, Dr Ali was our doctor and she was wonderful. We really loved her. She is now doing her residency or something and will be back but not for a while.

so far, we have not had anything problems but it may be a matter of time before they keep me waiting 3 hours. I have NO patience and may turn the office upside down

Just thought I would pass this along to you to think about. After all, finding a health care professional is an important decsion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware