Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 11:35 AM

102 posts, read 305,776 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I just found that this was a community by belden but now I see that Ryan is building homes there. anyone have any info about this community and the area? how is the neighborhood? I know its in the Appo school district but how do i find the feeder system?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 01:23 PM

201 posts, read 414,226 times
I live here

The neighborhood was started by Andersen and Gilman, and the announcement about Ryan Homes came last week. The location is terrific -- as close to 95 and 40 as you can be and still be in the Appo district. It's also just five minutes from Peoples Plaza. The lots are half-acres, which really appealed to us.

The feeder pattern is Cedar Lane ECC for kindergarten, Olive B. Loss for elementary, Alfred G. Waters for middle school, and Appoquinimink High School.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:56 PM

377 posts, read 1,114,631 times
This is a great neighborhood. I know Kristin likes it. I agree with her, great feeder pattern.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin730 View Post
I live here

The neighborhood was started by Andersen and Gilman, and the announcement about Ryan Homes came last week. The location is terrific -- as close to 95 and 40 as you can be and still be in the Appo district. It's also just five minutes from Peoples Plaza. The lots are half-acres, which really appealed to us.

The feeder pattern is Cedar Lane ECC for kindergarten, Olive B. Loss for elementary, Alfred G. Waters for middle school, and Appoquinimink High School.

Hi Kristin,

Its great to actually hear from someone who lives in the community. Since you live there, your info would be invaluable.

I know its different builders, but how much is your HOA? are the neighbors friendly? is the community kid friendly? is there a good mix of various races? how old is the community? Did the property prices fell drastically is the past years? etc.

Any other insight that you could provide would be great. Me and my wife are planning to go drive by the community this weekend.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 View Post
Hi Kristin,

Its great to actually hear from someone who lives in the community. Since you live there, your info would be invaluable.

I know its different builders, but how much is your HOA? are the neighbors friendly? is the community kid friendly? is there a good mix of various races? how old is the community? Did the property prices fell drastically is the past years? etc.

Any other insight that you could provide would be great. Me and my wife are planning to go drive by the community this weekend.
We actually don't have an HOA at the moment. It's some complicated thing where if more lots sell in the neighborhood, we have the option of starting an HOA, but there is not one at this time. I do not know how the sale of the Ryan Homes lots will affect that.

The neighbors are very friendly. People wave when passing, and there are some tight-knit clusters scattered throughout the development. It is definitely kid-friendly! I have two preschool-age sons, and there are quite a few kids their age here. From what I see of school buses passing and trick-or-treaters on Halloween, there is a good mix of all ages of kids. It is a diverse community as well -- probably mostly white, but quite a few South Asian and African-American families as well.

The building in the community started a little over ten years ago, and continued until about five years ago, when Gilman went under during the housing crisis. Nearly all of the empty lots on which Ryan will be building were Gilman lots. Prices fell during that time, but seem to have held steady in the 400K range for the past couple of years.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin730 View Post
We actually don't have an HOA at the moment. It's some complicated thing where if more lots sell in the neighborhood, we have the option of starting an HOA, but there is not one at this time. I do not know how the sale of the Ryan Homes lots will affect that.

The neighbors are very friendly. People wave when passing, and there are some tight-knit clusters scattered throughout the development. It is definitely kid-friendly! I have two preschool-age sons, and there are quite a few kids their age here. From what I see of school buses passing and trick-or-treaters on Halloween, there is a good mix of all ages of kids. It is a diverse community as well -- probably mostly white, but quite a few South Asian and African-American families as well.

The building in the community started a little over ten years ago, and continued until about five years ago, when Gilman went under during the housing crisis. Nearly all of the empty lots on which Ryan will be building were Gilman lots. Prices fell during that time, but seem to have held steady in the 400K range for the past couple of years.
Thanks Kristen, You information has been very insightfull. Last night I was loooking for some more homes and found another community close by in the Rose Hill area. I am not sure if you or anyone else knows anything about this community. I believe this is also part of App school district.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 View Post
Thanks Kristen, You information has been very insightfull. Last night I was loooking for some more homes and found another community close by in the Rose Hill area. I am not sure if you or anyone else knows anything about this community. I believe this is also part of App school district.
The feeder pattern should be the same for that development. We personally did not look in there because we wanted at least a half-acre lot, which the houses there do not have, but the houses look nice. My sons have preschool classmates who live there.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:37 AM

377 posts, read 1,114,631 times
There are a couple communities that are all great communities above the canal in Appo Schools. I have friends in Rose Hill and they like it. There is also Baypointe. A new community was just apporoved I heard off Rt. 896 too, but you never know how long that will take. I would definetly really consider Estates of Farmington too. We loved that neighborhood. (We just didn't like that they don't have sidewalks)

Old 02-06-2013, 09:00 AM

Great that both of you know someone in rose hill. Just tryng to decide if there would be more bang for the buck going with an older home or by buying a new construction.

I think both areas look good, will need to see the houses in rose hill and see what Ryan is offering in Farmington.
We don't have kids yet, but want a good school district for both future kids and resale. Half-acre lot is something that we don't need so that is not a consideration.

My commute will become longer as I have to go to Plymouth Meeting, but this area is the best mix of homes, community and school and price that we are looking for. If something like this was in northern delaware it would have be great for my commute.

Ohh well, I already drive do a 1 hours commute from Newark, I guess itwill add 10 more minutes to it.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:03 AM

What do you guys think of foreclosed home its in the freddy mac 1 initiative or something, my realtor sent me one I believe its in Amberwood community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware