Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 06:27 PM

64 posts, read 116,602 times

Advertisements

Keep planning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 09:39 PM

421 posts, read 834,759 times
I think the odd shape of the land it sits on has stopped Tri-State Mall from living up to its full potential over the years. Considering that the Kmart there was very briefly (from 1970-1975) a Grant City store, and there was a Woolco, then a Jamesway across the street, I wish I could have seen the future when these two complexes were built. It would have been nice if Kmart had moved to where Woolco was when Woolco closed in the early 80's. Then Jamesway could have opened in the former Grant City/Kmart building. When Jamesway shut down in 1995, this one could have become a Builders Square, owned by Kmart. But that chain shut down in 1997. So at that point, perhaps the whole Tri-State Mall could have been demolished for a Super Kmart. At that point, the Woolco/Kmart could have been torn down for a Home Depot, as there currently is on that site. But perhaps the Super Kmart would have closed in 2002, and Home Depot would have moved to that site to have a bigger store. At that point, assuming Acme never closed their store where Total Wine now is, the Woolco/Kmart/Home Depot could have become a replacement Acme. Also, perhaps Jo-Ann Fabrics (which had a store at Tri-State Mall until it recently closed) could have taken a small portion, maybe a quarter, of the former Super Kmart, sharing it with Home Depot. And the former Levitz Furniture at Tri-State Mall could have become a Burlington Coat Factory. I don't get why that Levitz has sat empty for seven years, yet the very run down Value City became a Burlington after zero renovations, even though a few other Levitz stores, in much better condition than the Value City, ended up as Burlington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware