Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2013, 03:12 PM

18 posts, read 125,960 times

Advertisements

So my wife and I are looking at several homes in the New Castle area and I've begun my work on checking out the area. We've seen the houses and I've walked the neighborhood and they seem quiet and decent. Of course we haven't hit spring / summer yet so you never know.

Anyone who lives in the area, can you give some insight on it? Most importantly the Penn Acres area. Does it have a civic association / HOA? Crime an issue in the 19720 area?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 06:46 PM

61 posts, read 156,886 times
If it is a matter of budget, then New Castle is a okay place to live. But, if you can afford more and you are looking for better schools and safer neighborhoods then I would consider North Wilmington, Greenville, Hockessin areas.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:42 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,340,579 times
Penn Acres is located on both sides of Basin Road. I know several people who live there and the homes are nice, at least their homes are. While your realtor cannot tell you whether a development is bad, he or she can direct you to a development that would suit you well. Like anywhere today, you have good neighbors who take care of their property and you have neighbors who do not. If you are definitely looking at Penn Acres, take a day-time drive through and talk to the people who are out in their yards. Then, take a night-time drive.

Crime is everywhere, even in the wealthier neighborhoods. If you want to know crime stats, the state police barracks are not too far, and New Castle city police station is located on Route 9.

There are some newer communities located on Route 9, which is a pretty drive as you go south, but it is subject to flooding in heavy rains.

If you have specific questions, PM me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware