U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-04-2013, 11:51 AM
 
Location: Philly to Lewes
48 posts, read 66,695 times
Reputation: 32

Advertisements

Thanks to all who so graciously and selflessly offered your insight on the various areas in the Rehoboth/Lewes area!!! We visited this weekend and LOVED it...found an awesome place, new construction for rent just just outside Lewes, a home in Angola Bay, toured ALL the beach areas (yes, we were cold. lol), and just enjoyed ourselves.

Since we only stayed for one night this trip, we will be coming back to visit next weekend to get a feel for other areas such as Millsboro, Ocean View, Pot's Neck, Georgetown, etc. We really liked the central location of Lewes, but don't want to limit ourselves.

We've made no final decisions and can't wait to visit again!! We met MANY locals and were overwhelmed by their kindness (very different from Philly). We talked to people we met at the hotel, in WaWa, in the restaurants, in the areas we viewed homes, and everyone we encountered were lovely and open to sharing what the loved and may not have loved about the various areas. It's funny, when I posted and got responses on my other thread, I was telling my sister how PROUD everyone was of their area they lived and "slower, lower" in general...we now see why.

I'm sure every area has it's good and bad, but I felt the good outweighed any bad for OUR situation. We are hopeful that my sister can find employment soon, the other can transfer, and as for me, I'm just going to relax for a while before I consider a job, and try to get my home based business back up and running.

Oh, we watched the local news and were in awe at the lack of crime being reported...a few fires, an accident, the Florida sink hole incident, and something about birds in California. I'm certain there is crime that doesn't make the news, but let me tell you...our news here in Philly, which I call THE CRIME REPORT, spends the majority of the time reporting MAJOR crimes. Luckily we don't live in an area with much crime, but it's harrowing to see nonetheless. So for us, that was another major plus.

Thanks again and I'd love suggestions on areas to visit in the other towns.

Dee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-04-2013, 02:38 PM
 
Location: Long Neck,De
4,792 posts, read 6,801,064 times
Reputation: 4768
Dee I hope everything comes together for you. Glad you got a chance to watch local TV. Where did you stay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2013, 05:09 PM
 
71 posts, read 161,743 times
Reputation: 94
Dee, please keep us posted. I am really enjoying your updates and am sending positive vibes your way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2013, 07:48 AM
 
Location: Philly to Lewes
48 posts, read 66,695 times
Reputation: 32
Default Thanks Longnecker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
Dee I hope everything comes together for you. Glad you got a chance to watch local TV. Where did you stay?
Greatly appreciated...things seem to be coming together...going with the flow for the most part. Yes, watching the local news was insightful. We stayed at a Comfort Inn on Rt. 1. We decided not to book a hotel in case we got there and didn't like the area, we'd turn around and go home.

We got there around 3pm and our first stop was meeting the realtor at the housing development, we then drove around mindlessly checking out various areas, parks, and went to Rehoboth beach, at dinner at Crabby Dick's, drove Rt. 1 South all the way up to Fenwick Island. Turned around and drove back and decided at 11pm we liked the area and wanted to explore more on Sunday. Stopped at the Comfort Inn and got a room. How's that for going with the flow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2013, 07:49 AM
 
Location: Philly to Lewes
48 posts, read 66,695 times
Reputation: 32
Default Thanks Ictulips!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ictulips View Post
Dee, please keep us posted. I am really enjoying your updates and am sending positive vibes your way.
I will definitely keep the updates coming...glad you're enjoying them. Thanks so much for the positive vibes!!! I definitely need them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2013, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Long Neck,De
4,792 posts, read 6,801,064 times
Reputation: 4768
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinLaVidaLoca View Post
Greatly appreciated...things seem to be coming together...going with the flow for the most part. Yes, watching the local news was insightful. We stayed at a Comfort Inn on Rt. 1. We decided not to book a hotel in case we got there and didn't like the area, we'd turn around and go home.

We got there around 3pm and our first stop was meeting the realtor at the housing development, we then drove around mindlessly checking out various areas, parks, and went to Rehoboth beach, at dinner at Crabby Dick's, drove Rt. 1 South all the way up to Fenwick Island. Turned around and drove back and decided at 11pm we liked the area and wanted to explore more on Sunday. Stopped at the Comfort Inn and got a room. How's that for going with the flow?
You certainly don't need a reservation this time of year. Don't try that during the summer. I am always amazed at people looking for rooms with no reservations during the summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2013, 05:58 PM
 
Location: Philly to Lewes
48 posts, read 66,695 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
You certainly don't need a reservation this time of year. Don't try that during the summer. I am always amazed at people looking for rooms with no reservations during the summer.
I wouldn't dare try that in the summer, Longnecker!!! Besides...by summer Sussex County will be my HOME!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2013, 07:45 PM
 
Location: Long Neck,De
4,792 posts, read 6,801,064 times
Reputation: 4768
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinLaVidaLoca View Post
I wouldn't dare try that in the summer, Longnecker!!! Besides...by summer Sussex County will be my HOME!!!
It's amazing the number of people that do try it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2013, 07:38 AM
 
Location: Philly to Lewes
48 posts, read 66,695 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
It's amazing the number of people that do try it.
LOL...been there, done that...now I'm older and wiser!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top