U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 02:26 AM

902 posts, read 3,214,449 times

Advertisements

What a nice place this was! What WAS the name of that place??? I need to take hubby there for a grown up dinner out when he's in town next.

I was VERY impressed... and Jonalyn, thanks for coming out with the "gang"!

Mary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 06:56 AM

16,199 posts, read 10,550,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
What a nice place this was! What WAS the name of that place??? I need to take hubby there for a grown up dinner out when he's in town next.

I was VERY impressed... and Jonalyn, thanks for coming out with the "gang"!

Mary
Yeah it was Mary. The atmosphere was attractive, the variety of food fabulous and tasty and most of all the price was sooo reasonable.
There was everything from sushi, salads, fruits, chinese entrees, salmon, shrimp and a host of other fat makers.
Very good and you can have as much as you want. For 6bucks I had my breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:02 AM

693 posts, read 2,613,223 times
It is called the ChinaTown Buffet. They boast over 150 items including Chinese, American and Japanese. What no Mexican ???? I think even Hubby will enjoy the selections. I'm in anytime you wanna go again
P.S. They do takeout too.

Old 11-03-2007, 08:28 AM

113 posts, read 436,332 times
Good! I see my question on the other thread has been answered. We're only a few miles from this place. Never tried it! And they do take-out too. I wonder if they will leave out MSG on request. (Allergic.)

So if any of you are there again, look for the tall woman with long dark hair who appears extremely overwhelmed these days. She may have a good-looking, also tall, also dark-haired (but beginning to go gray) man in tow. That will be her husband. It turns out that he won't start the new position until after Thanksgiving, thank goodness.

Thanks!

Lori

Old 11-03-2007, 10:12 AM

137 posts, read 281,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by from PA View Post
It is called the ChinaTown Buffet. They boast over 150 items including Chinese, American and Japanese. What no Mexican ???? I think even Hubby will enjoy the selections. I'm in anytime you wanna go again
P.S. They do takeout too.
I saw pizza, too.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieF View Post
Good! I see my question on the other thread has been answered. We're only a few miles from this place. Never tried it! And they do take-out too. I wonder if they will leave out MSG on request. (Allergic.)

So if any of you are there again, look for the tall woman with long dark hair who appears extremely overwhelmed these days. She may have a good-looking, also tall, also dark-haired (but beginning to go gray) man in tow. That will be her husband. It turns out that he won't start the new position until after Thanksgiving, thank goodness.

Thanks!

Lori
Lori........I think you can request no MSG. If I'm not mistaken, most chinese restaurants have that option.

So you will be here for a bit longer. Take a deep breath and relax for a spell.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddollar View Post
I saw pizza, too.
Yeah, you know I did too. Pizza in a chinese restaurant. It is nice they offer a variety of foods.

Also, Happy gain an hour sleep day

Old 11-04-2007, 07:24 AM

113 posts, read 436,332 times
Eliza,

Sometimes the no MSG request is a bit of a problem at a buffet style set-up. I know MSG has been in food I've been assured has none in the past a couple times (not here in Dover, elsewhere), but if they do take-out too, it shouldn't be difficult for them to leave it out of specific orders.

Yes, I will be here, I expect for a couple months more. That would be the minimum, I think, that it's going to take to get the house sale finalized, even if our friends are our buyers, and to get moving arranged. But my husband will start his new job on the West Coast immediately after Thanksgiving, and he will make two trips there for a few days each before then, so I'm fairly frantic.

We're trying, over the next week, to get this place in showable condition in case the sale we're hoping for doesn't work out. I'm afraid I could be here for quite a while after my husband leaves. It seems that when you look at your house and know you'll be possibly showing it soon, you see a lot that suddenly needs to be worked on! We've been considering redoing our kitchen floor for a while and now I think we should get it done as soon as possible. Decisions.

I don't think this is a Chinese food thread topic.

Lori

Old 11-05-2007, 09:25 AM

43 posts, read 40,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Yeah it was Mary. The atmosphere was attractive, the variety of food fabulous and tasty and most of all the price was sooo reasonable.
There was everything from sushi, salads, fruits, chinese entrees, salmon, shrimp and a host of other fat makers.
Very good and you can have as much as you want. For 6bucks I had my breakfast, lunch and dinner.
AND they even had a soft-serve ice cream machine. Fortunately, I behaved myself and did not embarass the ladies by lying down under it and opening my mouth!

Seriously...it was great and the price can't be beat. I ate so much that I didn't eat dinner that night!

Lash

Old 11-05-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lash5107 View Post
AND they even had a soft-serve ice cream machine. Fortunately, I behaved myself and did not embarass the ladies by lying down under it and opening my mouth!

Seriously...it was great and the price can't be beat. I ate so much that I didn't eat dinner that night!

Lash
LOL..........You crack me up!!!

I didn't know they had the self serve soft ice cream. Maybe it is better I didnt'. I might have embarrassed you guys by doing what you said you didnt' do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware