Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2007, 06:39 AM

903 posts, read 3,505,674 times

Advertisements

We will be moving to Dover area (or at least close to) around the end of June. I need to find a family physician and maybe an endocrinologist for an ongoing condition.

Anyone have recommendations on how to find a good family doc?

Mary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 03:15 PM

Does NO ONE have any comments about doctors??? The countdown is on with our move (4-6 weeks), so I'd really like to hear from someone!

Old 05-28-2007, 07:42 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,827 times
To MaryCH

We moved to Dover about 6 months ago and found great doctors. This group was recommended to us by 2 other families that didn't know each other.
Finding doctors was a big concern for us because my husband has many physical problems
The name of the doctors are Family Health of Delaware. Tutse Tonwe and Zhen Pen we have not seen but Sitta Gombiek Alie we do see and she is fantastic.
A very thorough doctor who takes time to listen to you and go over every with no stone unturned.
I dont' know an endocrinologist but I'm sure the doctors can recommend one or you can call Bay Health.
Now I need to find a dentist.
Good luck to you

Old 05-28-2007, 07:47 AM

Thanks so much for replying! I have found very little response on most boards from folks in Delaware... I was getting a little paranoid about it!

We hope to be on the house hunting trip in 3 weeks... wish us luck!

Old 05-29-2007, 07:48 AM

Hi Mary,
You may want to call bayhealth hospital or check it out with the medical board.

We have not been to the hospital but it is not far. There are several walk in clinics too in DE.

I wished I had this website before we moved. But we found out after we moved what is what.

I did research what insurance they take down here and changed to Blue cross. So we do okay.
good luck!!

Old 05-29-2007, 07:49 AM

Default to marych

PS:
Where are you moving too?

Old 05-29-2007, 12:02 PM

Elizamary,

We will be looking in the Camden/Magnolia/south side Dover area. We are targeting the Caesar Rodney school district, as we have a son with autism. The autism program for Kent County is in the CRSD, so we're aiming to stay "in district". He can be referred and thus bussed from any other Kent school district, but I'm trying not to get into that situation.

Did you deal with a real estate agent when you moved? If so, do you have any recommendations? Thanks for the info about doctors; we will have fun dealing with "self pay" as our insurance is out of NY with my husband's job. I will check that referral system you mentioned.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:42 PM

Ours was a new community and we just walked in without a real estate agent. Why give them the commission if you dont' need too? The people in the office help you with the transactions.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 3,729 times
Default Delaware Doctors

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
We will be moving to Dover area (or at least close to) around the end of June. I need to find a family physician and maybe an endocrinologist for an ongoing condition.

Anyone have recommendations on how to find a good family doc?

Mary
You can call Beebe Hospital in Lewes,they will provide a list of doctors ,who are accepting new patients. We located a great doctor,an internist and family doctor. Dr Philip Shaheen,in Lewes. He's located on Coastal Highway, Rt1. I know it may be a bit of a drive,but it's worth it. We both have serious chronic health problems,and he is wonderful. He takes the time,treats you with respect,and has been able to solve health problems other doctors in the Cleveland ,Ohio area couldn't. The wait time is always short,and he is very easy to get into for an appointment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware