Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2008, 07:17 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
EM:.....I escaped the gag order! See you at the Delaware Cafe with Charlie. All are welcome to chit chat, as long as it is "family friendly".....my kind of place.
Everyone who posts here on the Delaware forum is welcome.

I intend to remain on the Delaware forum for all other items. I'll do just my "chatting" in the Cafe.

Charley

Old 01-07-2008, 07:32 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
Everyone who posts here on the Delaware forum is welcome.

I intend to remain on the Delaware forum for all other items. I'll do just my "chatting" in the Cafe.

Charley
Me too. See the Delaware Cafe for my new invention

Old 01-08-2008, 08:33 PM

903 posts, read 3,504,761 times
Oh my, I am the next biggest offender of breaking the TOS (behind elizamary, but only because she has been a member of this forum longer)! I'll go check out the Delaware Cafe also... in case I tend to stray with my TOT (train of thought).

elizamary... I believe we discussed the victorian tea house a few months ago... isn't it in Milford? If so, LASH may be able to join us after all, as she "hangs" in Milford these days! Once we are firm on the date and location, I will call her. I assume we are shooting for 11 a.m. as usual? With the price of gas, we may even consider carpooling. Unless we get a good southerly wind blowing that day!

Mary

Old 01-08-2008, 09:12 PM

699 posts, read 2,894,297 times
Hey Mary, Need to check out the January Lunch topic. I was wondering where you were.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:26 AM

I finally got to the January Lunch topic... and posted my usual confusion. But I am finally getting caught up on my reading... didn't have a lot of time to be online over the boys' winter break.

Mary

Old 01-09-2008, 03:53 PM

405 posts, read 1,374,856 times
Geesh I can't keep up with you guys your all over the forum. LOL Maybe you guys should run it cause your the ones who seem to be answering all the questions Then YOU can make the rules

Old 01-09-2008, 06:26 PM

Sorry Laural, we do that to everyone it seems! And it will go in spurts... seems like we "regulars" get on a roll and type like the dickens some days. You think this is bad, you should listen in on our lunches! I walk away with a full belly and an empty head!

Mary

Old 01-11-2008, 07:26 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Default I guess this would be "Off Topic"

I have been hesitating to post this video, since I didn't know exactly where I could "legally" put it. So, I'll try it here. For any interested in seeing some of the "different" activities we Delawareans (in Kent and Sussex Counties) enjoy, here's a clip from the Punkin' Chunkin' Festival,
YouTube - Punkin Chunkin Remix held annually during the first part of November, last year near Bridgeville. And, yes, many of us are "rednecks". There's so much I would love to share with you all, such as the Apple Scrapple Festival in Bridgeville, Peach Festival in Wyoming, the vineyards and winery near Felton, vineyards in Nassau, Heritage Day in Harrington, Fifers Orchards with Halloween Hay Rides and June strawberry picking, our Amish communities and their quilting/baking talents, the Buffalo Stampede in July-August, Delaware State Fair in July-August, the Elvis Presley 2 day competition each September in Dewey Beach (Ruddertowne Deck along the water), Goodbye to Tourists event near Rehoboth and Funeral for Summer's End boardwalk parade in Bethany, the Jazz Festival in Rehoboth, January 1st swim in the ocean in Rehoboth/Lewes, and tons of other events/places I've experienced, and taken for granted. But, since TOS specifically states "no chatting" I must refrain from any more trivia.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:55 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,657 times
Thanks Delly. That was great.

Punkin Chunkin is a Delaware tradition and I'm glad I got a chance to see it. Someday, maybe I'll see it "up close and personal" ... but not too up close

Charley

Old 01-14-2008, 02:34 PM

We were in NC the weekend of the Pumpkin Chunkin'... and I was SO sorry to miss it! I fully intend to keep our calendar clear this fall. Maybe I'll catch a pumpkin for my baking and cooking efforts! But Charley, you're right... I'd probably break my glasses and my nose with that effort! Better go back to Fifer Orchards and just BUY the durn punkins!

Mary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware