U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-22-2008, 07:26 PM

342 posts, read 651,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
High point park? is that down where route one meets on the way to milford?
Yes.....if you are going down Clapham Rd you would take the 2nd entrance and that would put you into the Spring Valley 55+ section.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:16 PM

4,628 posts, read 5,978,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
Yes, Little Heaven..... but we have a Frederica mailing address and are only a few miles from Magnolia. Closer to Magnolia than Frederica.
I Know it well, CaroleM! Very clean place, and I love the double Delaware Flags! We used to stop at the Rainbow Inn, right there in Little Heaven. When it was demolished, I was sad. North Bowers Beach has a Frederica address, also. Which reminds me, I can't help correct people when they say
"Fred reeeeeeeeeka"

Old 04-23-2008, 04:27 AM

hmmm.......The Rainbow Inn........would that have been on the left heading south across from the little grocery/deli store? I seem to remember a bar on that side that served steamed crabs. But of course I can't depend on my memory too much these days.

I like the Magnolia Restaurant for breakfast after 7:30am Mass on Sundays.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:39 AM

4,628 posts, read 5,978,327 times
Yes, CaroleM, that's it, right at Little Heaven. Kind of a little shabby building, but they had great seafood, and good service. It was a little Mom/Pop place and I knew the owners. They also had a produce stand along Bay Road, closer to Dover.

I've been to the Magnolia Restaurant, too. It's an o.k. place for breakfast or lunch, I think. A business group, I'm involved with, has our luncheon meetings there sometimes. We go to Holy Cross, in Dover, and were married there. But, since I work 7 days/week, we've been known to attend Mass all over the State (followed by breakfast all over the state ). Luckily, there are many Catholic Churches around here, scattered throughout. For a small state (97 miles long) we are always close to one, so there's no excuse.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:02 AM

I wondered what happened to it, just knew that it was gone. Pity to see the Mom/Pop stores leave. My grandsons will probably never know what a Mom/Pop is.

The only food we have had at Mag Inn is breakfast. It's a convenient stop on our way home. That's nice that you get to go to different churches. Took a bus tour to the Basillica in Baltimore....beautiful and a great tour.

elizaMary- High Point is where Clapham Rd and Rt. 1 meet.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:18 AM

15,569 posts, read 7,707,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
Yes.....if you are going down Clapham Rd you would take the 2nd entrance and that would put you into the Spring Valley 55+ section.
Carole, you are so close. why not meet us for lunch when we go? Love to have ya.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:42 AM

81 posts, read 342,810 times
This is just so weird to read threads with locations I know. I've been on a christian board for years and there is only a couple folks from DE on there.

I've used this website so many times, just recently found the forums.

Whew...glad I made it.

Hey y'all, I'm Dawn. Have lived in DE all my life, some in Camden but most all in Millsboro.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:29 PM

902 posts, read 2,506,129 times
Wow, folks, I learn so much just reading the posts! Nice to "meet" you CaroleM, and dsdumpling too! To reiterate my many other posts, our family is new to DE as of 9/07, and we love it here! We're outside Camden Wyoming, and I agree with the others, please feel free to join us the next time we get together for lunch! We do that pretty frequently; I'd better get a job soon or else we're going to start taking turns at each other's house!

And Charley, you are SO right (about happy people being happy anywhere, and vice versa). Having met you, I'd say you ARE one of the happy ones! Or at least, you can pretend to be when in DE! I also hereby elect you president of the "future" Happy Delawarean Club! Hurry up and move here, would ya?

Mary

Old 04-23-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Carole, you are so close. why not meet us for lunch when we go? Love to have ya.
I would just love to meet all of you for lunch. What day do you all usually go? My problem is that I only come down every other weekend and I only have Friday and Saturday here. We return to Maryland on Sunday am. My next time down will be Thurs night May 2 and will be here that Fri. and Sat. It will be great when this 2 yr move is over and I can live there permanently.

Keep me posted on your lunch dates and thanks for the invite. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Carole

Old 04-23-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsdumpling View Post

Hey y'all, I'm Dawn. Have lived in DE all my life, some in Camden but most all in Millsboro.
Dawn....I use to live in Oak Orchard.

CaroleM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware