Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2008, 08:15 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times

Advertisements

All the kids and adults here seem to like the vegetable salad.....done with the colorful twisty pasta, we add some Balsamic Vinegar and its great, cold and refreshing.
Maybe you could bring some lemons for some fresh lemonade.....
Ah, a desert. How about just slicing a pound cake ( easy to cart along)and putting blueberries and strawberries on top.......great for the fourth of July.....and to make it Red, White and Blue......just a dab of no-cal Cool Whip......It will be stunningly.
beautiful.
For your eggs.........How about an Egg Potato Salad but be very careful with transporting it. It would have to stay very, cold...........lots of ice around it to be safe. Have a Wonderful Fourth we are having a party here too....Woooweeee
Oh I thought of something to add that is great for those who love fruit......an Apple Salad
Just add cut up Apples, some cut in half grapes ( purple ones, take the pits out) raisins, pieces of walnuts or almonds.........marshmellows, the small ones, mix with Mayonaise...
It is another big hit with people. The first time I heard it had Mayo, I almost fainted........but it all mixes well and people seem to love it.

Last edited by Summering; 06-28-2008 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: added the apple salad

Old 06-28-2008, 08:48 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
CaroleM.........What is HP? Or Anyone? I'm racking my brain and I know when I find out, I'll be smacking my head saying Duh!!!
elizamary ---We're just about neighbors.......Clapham Road -High Point Park - not far from you....they call it Little Heaven. I'm in the 55+ section. Are you smackin' your head.........[/quote]

Ouch, ouch and OUCH!! Of course, you did tell me you live in High Point. Still smacking myself......Hope I don't cause too much damage

I know what you mean about little heaven. I feel the same way here. Ain't life grand

Old 06-28-2008, 01:15 PM

392 posts, read 990,802 times
elizamary -Believe it or not the little tiny community is called Little Heaven. It's even on a map but no post office. I have a Frederica postal address even though I'm only 1-2 miles from the Magnolia line. Stop smackin yourself.....LOL.....

Old 06-28-2008, 01:20 PM

I have made one of those 4th of July cakes with the strawberries and blueberries. It really is patriotic and also good to eat.

Deviled eggs are always good at a cookout and picnic. Or even just hard-boiled eggs.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:30 PM

[quote=CaroleM;4264432]elizamary -Believe it or not the little tiny community is called Little Heaven. It's even on a map but no post office. I have a Frederica postal address even though I'm only 1-2 miles from the Magnolia line. Stop smackin yourself.....LOL.....[/QUO

I have passed HP but never drove through and always thought it was just for all ages.
Nice that they have a section for 55+. I pulled it up on the computer and you have 2 pools and a clubhouse. Nice!! Do you have planned activities as well?
How is the lot rent? I love community life. With the price of gas, we have everything pretty much here to keep us entertained.
Get up, go to the pool on a day like today, go back if I want, a tea tonight at the clubhouse. We can go or not. That is up to us. We are going

Old 06-28-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
I have made one of those 4th of July cakes with the strawberries and blueberries. It really is patriotic and also good to eat.

Deviled eggs are always good at a cookout and picnic. Or even just hard-boiled eggs.
I love those cakes but I am not a baker. What I do is get strawberries, blueberries, cool whip and mini mashmellows. Mix it all together, chill for a while then Wha la...........a cool yummy dessert.
Like Ambrosia with berries instead of the tropical fruits.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:26 PM

I have passed HP but never drove through and always thought it was just for all ages.
Nice that they have a section for 55+. I pulled it up on the computer and you have 2 pools and a clubhouse. Nice!! Do you have planned activities as well?
How is the lot rent? I love community life. With the price of gas, we have everything pretty much here to keep us entertained.
Get up, go to the pool on a day like today, go back if I want, a tea tonight at the clubhouse. We can go or not. That is up to us. We are going[/quote]

The one pool is just for the 55plus section. The only activities I know of is Bingo. They're going to have a community picnic in July. Lot rent is 391.00 per month which includes water, trash, sewer.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:32 AM

903 posts, read 3,505,461 times
elizamary,

Yep, very busy these days around our house! All went well with our daughter at the Naval Academy; wore her slam out but she is more determined than ever to get accepted to the school. Keep your fingers crossed; I believe all she has left in the application process is getting the letter of recommendation from the NC senator or representative.

As luck would have it, our daughter is coming in next weekend for a few days. So what I thought was to be a mellow 4th w/e, looks like yet another whirlwind extended weekend! Go to Va Beach to pick up brother Thursday, the 4th on Friday (of course), maybe drive-in Saturday (squeezin' in some beach time these 2 days), daughter coming in Sunday mid-day. With that, we are off on an over-night "road trip" to NY... gonna show the new boyfriend (my daughter's, not mine!) the big apple! Better check up on the Centrum Silver!

CaroleM, I missed the info before about your place in HP! The house we're buying is Felton/Woodside; and I know exactly where Little Heaven is! Seems we are all closer than we think! Hope you make it in for the long weekend... that will go a long way in recharging your batteries!

You folks are makin' me hungry, reading about all the yummy food you're preparing! Watch out for the gremlins if you make it the night before... I just might have to track this good stuff down! I haven't quite decided on our final food plans for the 4th, but I'm sure we'll all get plenty to eat!

Mary

Old 06-29-2008, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Get up, go to the pool on a day like today, go back if I want, a tea tonight at the clubhouse. We can go or not. That is up to us. We are going

The one pool is just for the 55plus section. The only activities I know of is Bingo. They're going to have a community picnic in July. Lot rent is 391.00 per month which includes water, trash, sewer.[/quote]

What a great set up having a pool just for 55+. I had not heard of HP before we moved, sounds really nice. I see there are a good bit of homes there.
Have fun on the fourth and I will too

Old 06-29-2008, 06:59 AM

I do wish her the best Mary. Brings back memories when my daughter had her eyes set on the academy. She was invited down for a weekend but our congressman gave the appointment to another and she got the Merchant Marine academy in NY. We visited but she declined and took the ROTC scholarship at La Salle University. It all worked out the way it was supposed to and it will for Sara too.
Best of luck and keep me posted on this.

Well no one has to worry about me eating all the eggs. Not an egg person. I know a lot of people love deviled eggs but I steer clear of them.
And I hope I did not offend anyone by saying I do not like eggs. It is not my intent, just a preference.

Last edited by elizamary; 06-29-2008 at 07:19 AM.. Reason: wording
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware