Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2008, 08:52 AM

9,717 posts, read 14,252,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleM View Post
elizaMary............I had some friends down last Thursday and one of them is looking for a place around Magnolia or Harrington. She has her house up for sale in Md. We drove through Southern Meadows and she liked it. Went in the model and she got the brochures. Nice place and affordable. She is very impressed. We didn't get to see the pool or look around too much because we had food in the car that needed to be refrigerated.
CaroleM
Hi CaroleM,
There is so much to choose from in this area, in regard to housing (both manufactured and custom built). Legislative Hall is abuzz these days regarding manufactured home communities, leased land, and unhappy endings. Don't forget that a manufactured home can be a 10' x 50' home which was manufactured prior to 1976, and does not meet HUD guidelines, or it can be a 2008, 28' by 58' doublewide, with HUD seals/labels affixed, a porch, garage, or other addition. Each originally comes with a motor vehicle title. I recently attended a class, conducted by a real estate attorney, regarding leased land and manufactured housing. The typical clause is "lot rent can't go up more than 2% per year"......2% of What? In addition, what happens if the park/community is sold? We spent quite a bit of time talking about legislation during that class. Unfortunately, many don't know this is even an issue in all of Delaware, including one community here in Camden, De. Pot Nets is not the only problem. As said in the following article "These owners don’t want to be regulated but these park owners regulate everything the tenants do"
Here's a link regarding some of the buzz. CapeGazette.com - Covering Delaware's Cape Region - Manufactured Housing (http://beachpaper.com/storiescurrent/200801/manuhomes011108.html - broken link)

Last edited by rdlr; 04-21-2008 at 09:20 AM..

Old 04-21-2008, 12:09 PM

392 posts, read 990,416 times
Thanks for the link Delly. Interesting article. I just wonder how long it will take to resolve something/anything. I am in manufactured housing with land lease and unable to keep up with information regarding this. Our lot rent just went up $20.00 for the year. I can live with that. In my park I cannot make it to the Homeowners Assoc meeting because I'm not there. I had plans to call the president today and find out all the info discussed at the meeting. But.........I got involved in other things....ah...perhaps tomorrow.

Old 04-22-2008, 06:31 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,667,888 times
Quote:
Thanks for the link Delly. Interesting article. I just wonder how long it will take to resolve something/anything. I am in manufactured housing with land lease and unable to keep up with information regarding this. Our lot rent just went up $20.00 for the year. I can live with that. In my park I cannot make it to the Homeowners Assoc meeting because I'm not there. I had plans to call the president today and find out all the info discussed at the meeting. But.........I got involved in other things....ah...perhaps tomorrow.

Where is your park Carole? We dont' have a H A. Not yet anyway.
My lot rent has not gone up yet but I expect in Jan. Homes here in SM are starting to sell like crazy.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Where is your park Carole? We dont' have a H A. Not yet anyway.
My lot rent has not gone up yet but I expect in Jan. Homes here in SM are starting to sell like crazy.
elizamary.....I'm in High Point Park - 55+ section. This section is very quiet. Have a great custom built doublewide, shed and garage. Lot backs up to a privacy fence and then a field and lots of privacy shrubs. The previous owners did a marvelous job of landscaping. Pool and clubhouse are very close but I have not been able to take advantage of either one yet.

CaroleM

Old 04-22-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
elizamary.....I'm in High Point Park - 55+ section. This section is very quiet. Have a great custom built doublewide, shed and garage. Lot backs up to a privacy fence and then a field and lots of privacy shrubs. The previous owners did a marvelous job of landscaping. Pool and clubhouse are very close but I have not been able to take advantage of either one yet.

CaroleM
High point park? is that down where route one meets on the way to milford?

Old 04-22-2008, 05:18 PM

9,717 posts, read 14,252,784 times
Quote:
High point park? is that down where route one meets on the way to milford?
Little Heaven. Right, Carole?

Old 04-22-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
Little Heaven. Right, Carole?
I think it is great when we each find a little slice of heaven. It does my heart good to hear someone say they love where they live and are very happy. I think most of us are and that is a good thing

Old 04-22-2008, 06:19 PM

19,922 posts, read 11,040,093 times
Quote:
I think it is great when we each find a little slice of heaven. It does my heart good to hear someone say they love where they live and are very happy. I think most of us are and that is a good thing
This may be an oversimplification, but I think happy people are generally happy wherever they are ... and miserable people are generally miserable wherever they are.

I like to think I'm one of the happy ones.

Charley

Old 04-22-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
This may be an oversimplification, but I think happy people are generally happy wherever they are ... and miserable people are generally miserable wherever they are.

I like to think I'm one of the happy ones.

Charley
Oh this is so true. Miserable people are never happy no matter where they are. And yes, you are certainly one of the happy ones charley

Old 04-22-2008, 06:23 PM

Yes, Little Heaven..... but we have a Frederica mailing address and are only a few miles from Magnolia. Closer to Magnolia than Frederica.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware