U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-14-2007, 01:58 PM

19,922 posts, read 7,179,833 times
Default Delaware Off-Topic

Here we go, gang. Here is your official place to speak about anything ... or nothing. Enjoy!

Charley

Old 11-19-2007, 05:20 AM

GOOOOD morning everyone. It's days like this when I wish I was already in Delaware. It's snowing in New York and I've got to drive up into higher elevations to get to the airport to pick up my son. How I wish that my biggest commute today was only walking over to a clubhouse to meet a few friends!

I hope everyone has a great day today!

Charley

Old 11-19-2007, 06:10 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,188,850 times
Mornin', Charley! We're west of NYC, and there's over a foot of snow on the deck. It snowed all day yesterday and through out the night. It is beautiful!! The deer are out here nibbling on the hemlock branches. It truly looks like a postcard. sigh

Now, having said that, do I wish I didn't need to drive in it to go for medical tests today. Ohhhhhh, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! LOL!

Some people are never satisfied!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 05:12 AM

4,550 posts, read 5,653,556 times
I have nothing "off topic" to say. Rambling is SO much FUN!

Old 11-20-2007, 05:34 AM

Hello everyone,

Rockky - that snow should be gone tomorrow when the temp goes back to 60! We got a little less than an inch and it's gone. Unfortunately, the fallen leaves didn't disappear with them.

Delly - I agree about rambling. You've mentioned that you're in realty but you didn't tell us which company - probably so that no one would accuse you of spamming. However, I'm asking ... lol. Can you tell us which agency you're with? Hmmm... maybe you're the person to whom I can ask my "closing costs" question.

To all - Have a terrific day. I'll be in the kitchen for a good part of the day doing prep work for Thursday. My wife and I love to cook and we're bringing lots of goodies to our family Thanksgiving dinner.

Charley

Old 11-20-2007, 08:47 AM

113 posts, read 320,713 times
Hi All!

Dover is still gray but the rain has stopped, and we'll be around 60 with some peeks of sunshine this afternoon, they say. The leaves, many of them, are peak, much more colorful than I'd expected after the dry summer and early fall.

Will you travel south after you're finished with your prep work, please, Charley? I don't need a sous chef, but the one family group that will remain in the area for Thanksgiving (and has volunteered to feed us, caught up in moving preps as we are) could sure use your help!

This may be a goodbye message from me. No, I don't expect to be on the West Coast permanently for a couple months yet, but I'll be there next week when hub starts his new job, and then back and forth quite a lot, and up to my ears and beyond in trying to make this move work!

I wish I'd met a number of you as soon as you moved to the area. I don't "see" you here, some of you just now, but what a great little group. A pleasure to read your posts.

Lori

Old 11-20-2007, 09:39 AM

Hi Lori,

I'm afraid I'll be a little busy for the next few days as I destroy my wife's kitchen.

I'll say my goodbyes to you now ... but I hope you're wrong and that you do pop in to see us from time to time. We'll want to know how you're doing and I have a feeling that you might still want to know how we're doing.

So goodbye and good luck. May you find good health and happiness in all that you do. BUT, I do look forward to our paths crossing again.

Charley

Old 11-21-2007, 02:23 AM

15,508 posts, read 7,454,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
Here we go, gang. Here is your official place to speak about anything ... or nothing. Enjoy!

Charley
Hey......what a great idea A topic to say whatever you want. Well maybe...........not "anything" you want.

We just got back from italy yesteday. Was gone for 11 days and now I will be playing catch up. Still on European time so I got up at 3 Am. Gives me a chance to read me mail and such without interruptions.
Had a fantastic time but glad to be back.

I see some of you mentions the "S" word. So far, none here but I do agree with Rockky.......It is beautiful.
Don't imagine we will get much in DE but it is so pretty when you do NOT have to go to work.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:14 AM

WELCOME HOME ELIZAMARY!!!

... and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Charley

Old 11-21-2007, 07:34 AM

113 posts, read 320,713 times
Guess I'm still here! My relatives wouldn't have minded you messing up their kitchen, Charley! As it happens, with our family joining them and bringing food, and friends of theirs also contributing, they're managing the feast well.

This morning represents the quiet before the storm. All I have to do is make two pies. From this afternoon on, all h--- breaks loose, and I don't see a quiet time until along about January, at which time we expect to be Westerners.

Eliza! I remember you saying, at some point, that you would be traveling to Italy. So glad you had a wonderful trip. Was it your first? My parents say they took us to Rome when I was about four. I have no memory of that trip at all, and, sorry to say, I haven't been back. How did you plan your trip?

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Lori
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware