Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 11:38 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,264,687 times

Advertisements

Mary, I think I know what you're doing wrong.

When you're on Rt. 1 (SR1) travel north, and after the 2nd Toll Booth, you go over the William Roth Bridge (Chesapeake-Delaware Canal). When you come down off that, there's an exit that you don't take (might be 72). Take the next exit, which is 95. Stay on that, and you'll cross over the Elkton exit, Christiana exit, then you'll see a 95 ramp. Don't take that, but take the next one where the BLUE H is, Churchman's Crossing, and go down the ramp to 58.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 01:34 PM

1,680 posts, read 2,558,637 times
rdlr,

I think I was on Rt 1 at around exit 152 where normally I stay to the right and the GPS says to exit right to go toward I95. Staying straight put me on Rt 13.

I don't know if I had stayed to the right if it was the "I 95 ramp' or simply a road to take me to the I95 ramp further down the road.

The important thing was that I made it home before the snow. We have 4 inches on the ground at the moment and it is still snowing. Since I am now "retired" I will just wait until it melts before I make the trip again.

Mary2014

Old 12-08-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Mary, I think I know what you're doing wrong.

When you're on Rt. 1 (SR1) travel north, and after the 2nd Toll Booth, you go over the William Roth Bridge (Chesapeake-Delaware Canal). When you come down off that, there's an exit that you don't take (might be 72). Take the next exit, which is 95. Stay on that, and you'll cross over the Elkton exit, Christiana exit, then you'll see a 95 ramp. Don't take that, but take the next one where the BLUE H is, Churchman's Crossing, and go down the ramp to 58.
rdlr,

Yes, I pass 72 and was taking the next exit for I95. This last time instead of bearing right to I95, I went straight and wound up on Rt 13.

So, I should bear right on to I95, but, stay straight until I get to the Churchman's Crossing exit - I think it is exit 166 on the map.

Mary2014

Old 12-08-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary2014 View Post
rdlr,

Yes, I pass 72 and was taking the next exit for I95. This last time instead of bearing right to I95, I went straight and wound up on Rt 13.

So, I should bear right on to I95, but, stay straight until I get to the Churchman's Crossing exit - I think it is exit 166 on the map.

Mary2014
Yes, after you come off that William Roth Bridge, don't take the first exit, but the second, which says Rt. 1 and I 95. You travel that for about 3-4 miles, and pass the Elkton exit, pass the Christiana exit, then you'll see a big overhead sign (green) I 95 to the right. Don't take that. Then you'll see a big overhead green sign again saying Churchman's Crossing, next exit RIGHT, and get in your right lane. it will take you down to Churchman's Road, stay in right lane. Sorry, I don't know exit numbers.

Snow here, too, grass and sidewalks covered, but it's starting to rain and wash it away.

Old 12-10-2013, 02:50 AM

122 posts, read 272,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary2014 View Post
Instead of taking the exit to head for I95, I stayed straight and I ended up on I think it was Rt 13. After a few miles and several traffic lights my GPS said to take a left onto Rt 273
Mary, if you stay on 13 for another mile past 273, then take 202/141 north towards Newport, you have an easy path to the Lancaster Pike (Rt 48, and later Rt 41).

Old 12-20-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Yes, after you come off that William Roth Bridge, don't take the first exit, but the second, which says Rt. 1 and I 95. You travel that for about 3-4 miles, and pass the Elkton exit, pass the Christiana exit, then you'll see a big overhead sign (green) I 95 to the right. Don't take that. Then you'll see a big overhead green sign again saying Churchman's Crossing, next exit RIGHT, and get in your right lane. it will take you down to Churchman's Road, stay in right lane. Sorry, I don't know exit numbers.

Snow here, too, grass and sidewalks covered, but it's starting to rain and wash it away.
Well, rdlr, I did it again and ended up on 95 north. At least this time I knew to stay right to 295, then 141 North to rt 62 and then eventually to rt 41 - from there I know how to get home.

Not sure if you have been up in that direction since December 1st when they changed the detours. It seems that when I take the second exit that says Rt 1 AND I 95, I end up down the road a ways with two large green signs, one of which I think said Philadelphia and Wilmington / I95 (south?) on the left and Rt 7, Churchman' s Crossing and I 95 (North?) on the right.

Since the sign on the right said Churchman's Crossing I stayed to the right- which ended up taking me directly onto I95. (Which was not the case prior to December 1st.)

Not sure what would have happened if I had stayed left and taken the Philadelphia/ Wilmington option. I was just a little concerned that I might end up on I 95 south and I knew I did not want to head south.

I was really expecting that following the sign that said to Rt 7, Churchman's Crossing AND I95 - that I95 would then split off from that point. Instead it just went directly onto I95 North.

I have decided this is one of those "you can't get there from here" detours and since I now know how to find my way to rt 41 via I95 north, "I don't need to get there from here".

I will probably be in PA for the winter - so I am sure by the time I make my next round trip I will have to learn an entirely new route!

Mary2014

Old 12-21-2013, 02:34 AM

That detour has changed from time to time. I get up there a couple times per week, and it can really be confusing. Once they get all that construction finished, you'll settle into a route that works for you. Have a nice holiday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware