U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 07:34 PM

2,034 posts, read 2,420,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Jolie-Pitt View Post
We're going Memorial Day weekend. I really, really want to go to Atlantic City, though!
Oh go to AC, you will have a blast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 05:22 AM

24,792 posts, read 23,736,602 times
Right now, midweek, according to Google Maps, estimated travel time between Rehoboth and AC is 2 hours and 47 minutes. That includes using the ferry. I always pad their time because I've found it to be unrealistic. It's going to take longer than that to get there on a holiday weekend. If you're determined to go, book the ferry ASAP!

Old 03-27-2014, 05:43 PM

549 posts, read 566,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Right now, midweek, according to Google Maps, estimated travel time between Rehoboth and AC is 2 hours and 47 minutes. That includes using the ferry. I always pad their time because I've found it to be unrealistic. It's going to take longer than that to get there on a holiday weekend. If you're determined to go, book the ferry ASAP!
I just booked the ferry! I'm very excited!

Old 03-28-2014, 08:09 AM

4,726 posts, read 10,297,927 times
Frankly, I don't think trying to do both Rehoboth and AC in one short trip is such a good idea. Rehoboth and Cape May, perhaps. Rehoboth, Lewes, and Dewey - certainly. But going to AC will eat up a lot of time. As to where to eat in Reho, you are spoilt for choice. I would not especially recommend the Purple Parrot. Dogfish - with its local craft beers (on Rehoboth Ave.), Azafran and Blue Moon (gourmet and pricier, on Baltimore Ave.), Agave in Lewes (Mexican Interior food) are among places I'd recommend, but there are only about a zillion other options.

Old 03-28-2014, 02:19 PM

7,805 posts, read 10,474,818 times
I will suggest that you use the trip from the Ferry to the hotel to observe the traffic and then determine if you wish to sit in that degree of traffic or not for a trip to A/C. I am a native Long Islander and I know traffic only too well. It really doesn't bother me, but I can tell you that I seem to hold a minority opinion. What I can unequivocally say is that, off season I can get from the Park and Ride which is 2 miles off the boardwalk to the ferry terminal in about 8 - 10 minutes tops. That same 6 1/2 miles has taken 35 minutes in the Route 1 traffic during the summer. Something to think about.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:10 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,760,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I will suggest that you use the trip from the Ferry to the hotel to observe the traffic and then determine if you wish to sit in that degree of traffic or not for a trip to A/C. I am a native Long Islander and I know traffic only too well. It really doesn't bother me, but I can tell you that I seem to hold a minority opinion. What I can unequivocally say is that, off season I can get from the Park and Ride which is 2 miles off the boardwalk to the ferry terminal in about 8 - 10 minutes tops. That same 6 1/2 miles has taken 35 minutes in the Route 1 traffic during the summer. Something to think about.
Hey nuts, even by LIE standards, that's slooow!

Old 03-28-2014, 05:42 PM

7,805 posts, read 10,474,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
I did the reverse commute from Melville to my house and it was 13 miles door to door, on a good day it would take me 30 minutes on a bad day.........pick a number above 30 and that was the reverse commute.

The problem is that there are several lights that for the most part require 4 way lights. Each side gets their chance and if it is bumper to bumper you are essentially stuck. We have always had guests try to come on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday but only in the morning on Thursday. That way we avoid the logjam.
But as I said, if guests come on other days we know what to expect and are prepared. I guess it is the years on the LIE that have me conditioned to the traffic.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:16 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,760,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I did the reverse commute from Melville to my house and it was 13 miles door to door, on a good day it would take me 30 minutes on a bad day.........pick a number above 30 and that was the reverse commute.

The problem is that there are several lights that for the most part require 4 way lights. Each side gets their chance and if it is bumper to bumper you are essentially stuck. We have always had guests try to come on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday but only in the morning on Thursday. That way we avoid the logjam.
But as I said, if guests come on other days we know what to expect and are prepared. I guess it is the years on the LIE that have me conditioned to the traffic.
Bumper to bumper has always been my kryptonite. I will learn every back road to avoid it!

Old 03-28-2014, 08:48 PM

3,490 posts, read 4,934,824 times
You can find out TONS of information on Rehoboth, here Reviews of Hotels, Flights and Vacation Rentals - TripAdvisor

Old 03-28-2014, 10:51 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,768,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Note that is from the Park and Ride on RT 1. Busy weekend it could take 1/2 hour to get from the Boardwalk to Rt 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or