U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-29-2014, 07:41 AM
 
7,330 posts, read 10,759,909 times
Reputation: 14841

Advertisements

Just one little thing about traffic on Memorial Day Weekend, and I'm sure it's not important
The Dover Downs Nascar Race is on the heels of Memorial Day weekend. Starting on May 26th, the racers and fans will be movin' on in for the races that next weekend. That's our week to howl - May 26-June 1 -

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-29-2014, 09:29 AM
 
Location: Former LI'er Now Rehoboth Beach, DE
7,810 posts, read 10,474,818 times
Reputation: 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Just one little thing about traffic on Memorial Day Weekend, and I'm sure it's not important
The Dover Downs Nascar Race is on the heels of Memorial Day weekend. Starting on May 26th, the racers and fans will be movin' on in for the races that next weekend. That's our week to howl - May 26-June 1 -
Fortunately you miss the full moon!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2014, 09:10 PM
 
Location: East Coast of the United States
17,125 posts, read 19,442,310 times
Reputation: 12851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Jolie-Pitt View Post
Any recommendations for restaurants, shopping, fun activities, etc? I'm really looking forward to a long weekend free from sales tax.

I'm staying for three nights at the Admiral Hotel near the boardwalk. We were thinking about taking a day trip to Atlantic City, as well. Do you think that would be feasible?

Thank you!
I've been to both Rehoboth Beach and Atlantic City. Both are nice, but I think trying to do both in just 3 nights around Memorial Day is kind of overload. Personally, I would stick to one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2014, 10:24 AM
 
Location: North Carolina
549 posts, read 566,864 times
Reputation: 611
Okay, you guys have all talked me out of trying to go to Atlantic City. I don't really gamble, so I guess I won't be missing too much, but I was excited to absorb the atmosphere. Maybe a different trip.

I already booked the Cape May-Lewes Ferry, though, and Cape May seems like a really nice place to spend the day! Whatever the outcome, I'm so looking forward to this trip.

Thank you all for your advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2014, 11:12 AM
 
2,046 posts, read 4,262,987 times
Reputation: 321
From cape may a direct bus to AC called 552 runs but it's 24/7
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2014, 04:55 PM
 
14 posts, read 20,612 times
Reputation: 33
there are great places to eat in RB.. My favorites: Eden on Baltimore Ave, Lupo di Mare, on Rehoboth Ave, The Pig and Fish on Rehoboth Ave. Fins is also a great choice for seafood. The Purple Parrot is good but its a bar so be prepared for bar style food, not fine fare. there is quite a lot of traffic during peak season. if you are going to travel from RB to Atlantic City and decide to drive, in the summer months it is going to take a lot more than 2 1/2 hours... Ferry will get you from lewes to cape May in 1 1/2 hours but you still have quite a ways to go to get to AC. You will Love it here though....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2014, 05:19 PM
 
Location: Former LI'er Now Rehoboth Beach, DE
7,810 posts, read 10,474,818 times
Reputation: 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaioNY View Post
there are great places to eat in RB.. My favorites: Eden on Baltimore Ave, Lupo di Mare, on Rehoboth Ave, The Pig and Fish on Rehoboth Ave. Fins is also a great choice for seafood. The Purple Parrot is good but its a bar so be prepared for bar style food, not fine fare. there is quite a lot of traffic during peak season. if you are going to travel from RB to Atlantic City and decide to drive, in the summer months it is going to take a lot more than 2 1/2 hours... Ferry will get you from lewes to cape May in 1 1/2 hours but you still have quite a ways to go to get to AC. You will Love it here though....

You are correct about the Parrot atmosphere but I guess I think the food is better than you do. Rehoboth has many, many fine dining places if you are looking for a place that is a bit more expensive. Here are a few in no particular order.

Summerhouse
Espuma
Blue Moon
Café Azafran
Cultured pearl
Lily Thai
Victoria's
Salt Air
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2014, 07:22 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
549 posts, read 566,864 times
Reputation: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaioNY View Post
there are great places to eat in RB.. My favorites: Eden on Baltimore Ave, Lupo di Mare, on Rehoboth Ave, The Pig and Fish on Rehoboth Ave. Fins is also a great choice for seafood. The Purple Parrot is good but its a bar so be prepared for bar style food, not fine fare. there is quite a lot of traffic during peak season. if you are going to travel from RB to Atlantic City and decide to drive, in the summer months it is going to take a lot more than 2 1/2 hours... Ferry will get you from lewes to cape May in 1 1/2 hours but you still have quite a ways to go to get to AC. You will Love it here though....
Yeah, we've decided to just spend the day in Cape May, instead.

Thanks to everyone for the restaurant recommendations, as well! I really appreciate them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2014, 10:38 AM
 
Location: exit 0
4,363 posts, read 3,017,179 times
Reputation: 5525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Jolie-Pitt View Post
Yeah, we've decided to just spend the day in Cape May, instead.

Thanks to everyone for the restaurant recommendations, as well! I really appreciate them.
Being a native of Cape May I have to tell you, once you visit you will find that you MUST return. There are so many things to do and see! The beaches, the walking mall, the Victorian architecture, the history. I could go on but one must really plan their trip to see what all Cape May has to offer.

After living in several different states I had to come home. There is no where like it. Did you know that Cape May was a stop on the Underground Railroad, or that it was "founded" by Captain Cornelius Mey (the same guy from Cape Hatteras) or that it is the oldest seashore resort in the country? Did you know that there is a place called Higbee's Beach that is now a bird sanctuary (we used to run beach buggies there) or at Cape May Point there is a concrete ship just off shore that sunk and now is just a relic? And on the beach where you view that ship you can find Cape May "diamonds"? I could go on and on. A week in Cape May would be just enough to make you want to stay forever! Ride up the Atlantic coast and hit the Wildwoods, Sea Isle City, Avalon and Ocean City. Never enough time!

As for Rehoboth, it's a wonderful beach town. You can tour Bethany Beach, Dewey Beach, Fenwick Island and then Ocean City, Maryland. I like to spend time in Lewes, it's a great, quaint little town. Much history there too!

Atlantic City? Unless you like the casinos there isn't much more. The city has deteriorated so much since the 60s and 70s.


Cape May...Exit 0 on the Garden State Parkway!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-26-2014 at 11:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2014, 02:45 PM
 
Location: Cape May County
287 posts, read 473,951 times
Reputation: 155
Smile Cape May County New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludja View Post
Being a native of Cape May I have to tell you, once you visit you will find that you MUST return. There are so many things to do and see! The beaches, the walking mall, the Victorian architecture, the history. I could go on but one must really plan their trip to see what all Cape May has to offer.

After living in several different states I had to come home. There is no where like it. Did you know that Cape May was a stop on the Underground Railroad, or that it was "founded" by Captain Cornelius Mey (the same guy from Cape Hatteras) or that it is the oldest seashore resort in the country? Did you know that there is a place called Higbee's Beach that is now a bird sanctuary (we used to run beach buggies there) or at Cape May Point there is a concrete ship just off shore that sunk and now is just a relic? And on the beach where you view that ship you can find Cape May "diamonds"? I could go on and on. A week in Cape May would be just enough to make you want to stay forever! Ride up the Atlantic coast and hit the Wildwoods, Sea Isle City, Avalon and Ocean City. Never enough time!

As for Rehoboth, it's a wonderful beach town. You can tour Bethany Beach, Dewey Beach, Fenwick Island and then Ocean City, Maryland. I like to spend time in Lewes, it's a great, quaint little town. Much history there too!

Atlantic City? Unless you like the casinos there isn't much more. The city has deteriorated so much since the 60s and 70s.


Cape May...Exit 0 on the Garden State Parkway!
Great Post Ludja
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top