U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 03:43 PM

12 posts, read 30,211 times

Advertisements

Other options are available to one and all. St. Lawrence has day care and private K-8 education too. All teachers in this section of the hood, NE Dade, are good, public and private. Hillel is primarily Orthodox Jewish. Closing out on the private schools as tons of options exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2014, 04:28 PM

61 posts, read 88,973 times
Fourchuncookie,
You are in the wrong town. The Siegel Jcc is off concord pike in wilmington Delaware.
You need to join the Jcc to have your child in the daycare.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:18 AM

4,726 posts, read 10,302,795 times
That's right: ignore the posts by Fourchuncookie! This person appears to be in the greater Miami, Florida area, as far as I can tell. Can't imagine why they are posting on the Delaware Forum.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:15 AM

79 posts, read 94,922 times
Final verdict: We will get a JCC family membership and enroll the Goddard School Daycare. Thanks everyone!

Old 06-02-2014, 06:22 AM

4,726 posts, read 10,302,795 times
Christ Church Episcopal Preschool - Home So it appears that Christ Church Preschool actually admits children to daycare who are at least a year old by March 1st, followed by their nursery program and then by their preschool proper. Info can be found on the Admissions page of the site.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:57 PM

253 posts, read 317,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
I only know what people tell me, plus my own views of education. I would want my kid to go to Wilmington Friends, a fine old school that dates back to the 18th Century, and integrates Quaker social values into the educational approach. Tower Hill is considered the most light weight and socialite snooty of the three. Tatnall has really good facilities and programs. Tower Hill has a pretty face masking a recent sexual abuse scandal involving the headmaster.
doctorjef said exactly what I was thinking. You should examine Wilmington Friends or Tower.

Don't let beautiful facilities lull you into believing the education is excellent.

Actually check out their curriculum, ratios, educational philosophy, and ask about
outcomes.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmassphd View Post
doctorjef said exactly what I was thinking. You should examine Wilmington Friends or Tower.

Don't let beautiful facilities lull you into believing the education is excellent.

Actually check out their curriculum, ratios, educational philosophy, and ask about
outcomes.
I intended this statement as a general statement about facilities in general.

We left a Goddard when we finally got our child into a facility that had a 1-year waiting list.

Once you have your kid in a facility, if you have it in your schedule, show up unannounced
a few times here and there.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:28 AM

79 posts, read 94,922 times
We have been in Goddard almost a month now. I noticed the teachers are overwhelmed sometimes. My son got bitten by fellow classmates twice and got bruised by hitting his face on th table. My husband contacted the Christ Church Daycare, and they said they only accept kids at least 18 months old by September. We'll have to wait for another year. Which daycare did you finally get into?

Old 06-07-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanggz View Post
We have been in Goddard almost a month now. I noticed the teachers are overwhelmed sometimes. My son got bitten by fellow classmates twice and got bruised by hitting his face on th table. My husband contacted the Christ Church Daycare, and they said they only accept kids at least 18 months old by September. We'll have to wait for another year. Which daycare did you finally get into?
hanggz,

sorry to learn about what happened to your son. I will message you directly.

Old 12-07-2017, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 195 times
I know this is an old thread - and yet here I am in the same boat - moving to Delaware from NJ

Based on experience would you recommend Goddard or JCC. How about Tutor Time near Brandywine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or