Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2014, 03:09 PM

104 posts, read 188,401 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. I'm not new to the site as I was on here about a year ago researching Pittsburgh PA. We decided not to move there. Instead we moved to Townsend, DE, in June of 2013. We were there for only 7 months and we moved back to NY in January of 2014. The reason being was because my husbands former boss said he was going to relocate him in Philly so he could drive 60 miles a day to work which would've been okay with us. Once we moved to DE, his boss decided to NOT do what he said he would do and had my husband work in NY which required him to stay in hotels. We couldn't deal with it and our kids were missing their father so my husband left the company. He then had 7 different jobs in 7 months because nothing was lasting. He does telecommunications and there's not a lot of towers out in DE so he worked in Maryland and Washington DC, Jersey and PA. The jobs weren't lasting though as they all still required hotel stays. Our bills piled up, our rent was behind so we decided to go back to NY. We had no choice but to stay with my parents in a small railroad 2 bedroom apt with 5 kids. It was a nightmare for 2 months. Now, we have an apartment but it's only 2 bedrooms and it's just too small. Our landlord is a pest. We regret having to have had move back to NY. I personally loved Townsend. For a while I found it boring but then as we got to know our surroundings I started to like it. If it hadn't been for the jobs not working out we would've stayed. Our kids went to Appoquinimink school district. I loved that the bus took them to and from school. We had medicaid and we went to Westside family healthcare in Middletown. I miss townsend so much and I felt that it was the town to raise a family in. We just weren't there long enough to really experience it. Now that my husband is working for another company that may actually have work in Philly, we're looking to go back to Townsend. So here I am hoping to meet people that can help us get around more. Sorry this was a novel!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware