Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2007, 11:13 AM

18 posts, read 66,238 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. My family and I will be moving from Philadelphia to a subdivision in Red Lion. We are currently in the process of looking for home security. We've never had home security in Philadelphia so all this is new to us.

Can someone please provide some insight on monitoring companies? Pricing? Wireless or wired? etc.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 03:03 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
a good dog best system i know. everything else gets ignored. but i like orca when im home good low cost window door system will wake you up when they try to get in.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-11-2007 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-11-2007, 06:56 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgauv View Post
Hi everyone. My family and I will be moving from Philadelphia to a subdivision in Red Lion. We are currently in the process of looking for home security. We've never had home security in Philadelphia so all this is new to us.

Can someone please provide some insight on monitoring companies? Pricing? Wireless or wired? etc.

Thanks.
We had home security in Philly. I forget the name of the company but it was started by a retired cop.
It cost around $300 to install and we paid around $180 a year for the service.
It worked well for us but we dont' feel the need for it here. My daughters boyfriend was trying to get into our house after she broke up with him. We were frightened to say the least for he was crazy. So we really felt the need for extra security.
Slomin shield is one company but not sure what they have in DE.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:30 AM

15 posts, read 69,073 times
my personal opinion on a second line of home security would be to get a permit,a gun,and firearms training. Thats entirely up to you, but its not uncommon in Delaware. The first line of security is having a house alarm with whatever you choose, ADT, or whatever.

Also, County Police are very very responsive out here, so, a simple 911 call is good too if the option to make that call is available. They respond very very quickly to calls about any problem around your house, or whatever. They don't lolly gag . An if you call 911, The County officer thats been dispatched will call you back on your phone if its available unless your hiding somewhere in your house. If that happens they will rush a whole bunch of units to your residence in a hurry. Also of note, a lot of County,and State Police have served in the military. So, they know what they are doing .

Old 12-14-2007, 06:48 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,672,476 times
Good to know car guy. Actually, we do feel pretty safe.
There is a big difference in the news channels between philly stations and De stations.
Every night there is a murder or 2 or 3 in Philly while de talks about weather and goings on in DE that rarely concerns murder.
Even my neighbors who just moved to DE not long ago remarked about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware