Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 10:14 PM

1,030 posts, read 3,416,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
No need to insult another poster. There are some gangs in Wilmington - Gang violence spreads to smaller cities | delawareonline | The News Journal Not that they are rampant but since they are in Philadelphia it only makes sense that they would also be in Wilmington.
You're pretty wrong. I hate to say, but I know Wilmington better than the News Journal, and am in touch with the city on many levels, having connections from the police commissioner to city council, and city cops.

Gangs make a cool news story, but aren't a Wilmington thing. Whether you are in Riverside, Northeast, Hilltop, or Browntown, the only significant, sizable force is TERRITORIAL DRUG DISPUTES, and drug deals gone wrong.

North Jersey is the closest you'll get to any actual gangs in this region, as they are a huge hub for the Latin Kings.

"Barnes said he was unable to comment on Wilmington's gang crime because he did not have statistics Friday afternoon."

I wonder why? Because there are no statistics!
no statistics!
What confuses lots of people about Wilmington is that kids like to "Tag" or spraypaint gang signs on sides of buildings, when, in reality, no such gang presence.

The only real gang Wilmington ever had happened to be the Latin kings, for a few years in the mid-90s.

Last edited by Joe84323; 12-13-2008 at 10:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 07:57 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,526,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe84323 View Post
To whomever said there are gangs in Wilmington, what the hell are you talking about? There are no gangs in town. That's a west coast thing... Wilmington's crime is territorial drug-related crime, and not a bunch of kids running around flashing little gang signs and shooting each other to look cool.. (aka LA.)

The only gang-like presence would be in Richardson Park, outside of town, or in New Castle, which, again, is mostly badly organized groups of troublemakers who beat people up and the occasional shooting.
Joe, you'll note that I said that gangs are NOT rampant. I was just disputing your post above. Gangs are NOT just a West coast thing. There are gangs in many cities and even smaller cities. My parents have gangs in Bridgeton, New Jersey.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:29 PM

82 posts, read 165,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiekr View Post
I also have not heard many good things about PPP. Best to check it out if you are concerned about area, as I would suggest before you buy any where for that matter. Check out www.familywatchdog.us too. There are properties in the Camden/Dover area in that price range but again, check out the neighborhoods first. It is much easier to find a great place around $170,000 and up. It is a buyers market and there are plenty of foreclosures around.

As far as manufactured or modular, it is totally a preference. People will argue both sides very well. Just depends on what you want. I have lived in a modular and thought it was a great home. Unfortunately we didn't live there long. After 8 months my husband got orders, I hadn't even finished unpacking.

Charley, that is so funny you say that about the meats in Walmart. My Father recently said the meat in Walmart tasted terrible and I thought he was losing it!! I guess not. I never really noticed a difference but will pay closer attention for now on.
So you also heard of the Joke Persimmion Park Place? They try to build it up as a great place to live. Go and do a drive through. Take a good look at the place. And do a search on the State Police sex offender list. The place has problems. And you have to pay condo fees, what do you get, well put your hands over your eyes, what do you see? Don't waste you time or money. It's a total JOKE and so are the people that run it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware